Whaley named Bills GM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it like this: Nix was asked to come in and help restore the Bills to respectability, help turn around a putrid roster - and, despite missing on the coach, he did upgrade the roster - which we'll see evidence of this year. Now, when he got here he knew he was only going to be doing this for a few years, so he looked around the NFL landscape and saw a couple capable young men who would be in demand as a good GM option, and instead of risking letting them get scooped up by another team in the interem, he went ahead and brought Doug in as the GM in waiting, allowing him to get accustomed to the area, to the roster, and after this past offseason, Doug certainly had a hand in hiring Marrone and Co.

It was a very wise decision by Nix - and now the Bills have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, both roster-wise, and front office-wise. We have a salary cap that is managable, too. This team went from old, ill run, with a poor roster and no prospects, and in three years has evolved into one of the youngest teams with a ton of potential. Nix did great in that regard. We are a complete 180 from then to now.

Well said!

I see it like this: Nix was asked to come in and help restore the Bills to respectability, help turn around a putrid roster - and, despite missing on the coach, he did upgrade the roster - which we'll see evidence of this year. Now, when he got here he knew he was only going to be doing this for a few years, so he looked around the NFL landscape and saw a couple capable young men who would be in demand as a good GM option, and instead of risking letting them get scooped up by another team in the interem, he went ahead and brought Doug in as the GM in waiting, allowing him to get accustomed to the area, to the roster, and after this past offseason, Doug certainly had a hand in hiring Marrone and Co.

It was a very wise decision by Nix - and now the Bills have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, both roster-wise, and front office-wise. We have a salary cap that is managable, too. This team went from old, ill run, with a poor roster and no prospects, and in three years has evolved into one of the youngest teams with a ton of potential. Nix did great in that regard. We are a complete 180 from then to now.

I'm sorry, you're completely wrong. 16-32. Nix is a buffoon and a failure, and the Bills are worse off now than they were when he got here. That's what I've been told by the "realists."

;)

@JasonLaCanfora

Bills intend to announce Doug Whaley as their new GM Thurs, with the transition from Buddy Nix to Whaley long in the works

Wow!!! That was a long time Mr. Brandon.

@JoeBuscaglia 29s

#Bills have announced Doug Whaley as GM. Press conference at 11:30

Dude, per our previous discussion, I updated my sig. You think Stevie was reading that thread?!?

tPhZ0NR.png

I see it like you see it. In retrospect, I am so glad Chan pissed himself down the stretch last year, or he still might be here. I know Greggo was a bust, but Marrone sure looks like the type of coach we have been dreaming about in Buffalo for a long time. I love the fact that he dips out there on the field with the boys.

And it might be awhile before we can say EJ Manuel is legit, but I was loving Robert Woods when I saw what he looked like at the combine. Kiko Alonso jumps off the tape and did so in big games for the Ducks.

Every pessimist on this board has cast TJ Graham, Alex Carrington and Aaron Williams aside, but imagine if those guys actually make plays for us this year. I don't think this is out of the realm of possibility by any means in 2013.

This Kool-Aid Buddy Nix just made sure tastes good to me, and while it is no longer pennies a serving, I agree with your point >>> We are in really decent shape, salary-cap wise. I don't think Nix gets nearly enough credit for that. And it seems Littman/Overdorf will not need any Levitre to be sporting Wood over that reality for next year either.

Did Brandon just say it's all about wins and losses? Doesn't he know that it's whether you can say the roster is better? Russ needs to get his facts straight and start reading TBD.

If Russ starts reading this forum he'll need a shrink.