49ers: ''Levi's Stadium''

stadium naming rights are idiotic.

candlestick park was awesome, and helped defined the home field experience.

welcome to loserville san fran. you just joined the laughable lucas oil, tostitos fiesta bowl fraternity of selling out tradition to smear corporate logo feces all over the place. i'm sure that check from Levi's will get put to good use, lord knows the NFL owners are hurting for money these days.

Rich Stadium sounded very good on TV for over 20 years.... "Welcome to Rich Stadium at Orchard Park"......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly does this turn SF into loserville? How does it affect your life that they put a corporate logo on a stadium? Don't get the bitterness. If Levis offered you a 10,000 dollar subsidy to purchase a new car and all you had to do was install license place holders with their logo on it would you tell them to keep their money?

its just a cheesy sellout. this is the NFL not nascar. if levi's offered you 10k to tattoo their logo on your forehead would you do that? gotta draw the line somewhere...... i guess i'm just old school when it comes to keeping the history and dignity of the sport separate from all the annoying advertising. its kinda sad to see.

"here we go kids, welcome to the go daddy college bowl game....what a tradition !

its just a cheesy sellout. this is the NFL not nascar. if levi's offered you 10k to tattoo their logo on your forehead would you do that? gotta draw the line somewhere...... i guess i'm just old school when it comes to keeping the history and dignity of the sport separate from all the annoying advertising. its kinda sad to see.

"here we go kids, welcome to the go daddy college bowl game....what a tradition !

Unfortunately those advertisements is what pays the players (along with the TV contracts, which in turn is dependent on the Advertisements on TV) salaries and the existence of the franchise.

I've been out here for 20 years now and I'm surprised they didn't try to name it Indigenous Peoples and Gay and Lesbian Friendly Park and have some white guy in a suit come out and apologize for something before every game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NFL practice jerseys have sponsor advertising. There's been ads on hockey rinks and soccer fields for over 3 decades.

Rich Stadium (corporate naming rights) opened in 1973.

Tatoo advertising/human billboarding is on the rise.

This stuff has been around for a long time and it's not going away.

It's a part of capitalism.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I think people get way to bent over this stuff. If you think about it the Niners would be insane not sell the name. You can't make money any easier. You have to sell a shite load of tix, doggies, parking to net 11 million a year. I get it though, seems like every thing has a logo on it these days. Just think, it could be like pro soccer where teams logos are actually corporate logos!! And some of those teams started in the 1870's!

Edited by Dante

How exactly does this turn SF into loserville? How does it affect your life that they put a corporate logo on a stadium? Don't get the bitterness. If Levis offered you a 10,000 dollar subsidy to purchase a new car and all you had to do was install license place holders with their logo on it would you tell them to keep their money?

Exactly. Makes no sense.

Because the moronic owner would rather sell home field advantage to Toronto than take his name of the stadium. And Polenkarz let's him do it. Theyre both idiots.

Right, because so many local companies are lining up to spend $10M per year to name the stadium. The 49ers deal is 20 years/ $220M. Buffalo would be lucky to get $1M per year.

welcome to loserville san fran. you just joined the laughable lucas oil, tostitos fiesta bowl fraternity of selling out tradition to smear corporate logo feces all over the place. i'm sure that check from Levi's will get put to good use, lord knows the NFL owners are hurting for money these days.

$220M....not really loserville. Sounds like a great deal to me.

NIce post. I was stationed at the Presidio in the 80s and had to go thru the 49ers dynasty years and the obnoxious fans. Great place to visit but too damned expensive to live. Naming rights is another way to increase your revenue. Don't get why folks get mad when a business man tries to make more money. I am willing to sell the naming rights to my house. Starting at 20k. Any takers?

Het Nitro- when was the last time you were out this way and in the Presidio? I think you would find it to be vastly different. When I first moved here, it was transitioning from the military to a park. They have transformed it completely. Lots of companies moved in to the old military barracks and office buildings. Lucas has his studio there now. The waterfront has been completely redone. I go there all the time with the kids. Presidio Bowl still remains! My favorite place in the park. You should check it out some day.

Anyone else thinks that "Levi's Stadium" sounds like a stadium named after a kidnapped gay teenage who was killed when a drunk driver accidentally shot him with an unregistered hand gun?

Did the drunk murderer get drunk because he was being teased in school?

yeah just like Rich Stadium that was terrible, the Ralph is sooooo much better :thumbdown:

Remember, Candlestick's naming rights were sold a couple of times & then the voters said no more namimg rights. It's supposed to be imploded in '15. Saw the new stadium earlier today & it's coming along & dwarfs everything around it

Remember, Candlestick's naming rights were sold a couple of times & then the voters said no more namimg rights. It's supposed to be imploded in '15. Saw the new stadium earlier today & it's coming along & dwarfs everything around it

Sure, because it's in the middle of nowhere and 50 miles from SF. WTF??? :doh: