Hear Doug Whaley talk about our top 5 draft picks

This popped up on my Bills Twitter feed. Looks like some kind of Buffalo Bills Official draft party for box seat owners or really wealthy season ticket holders or something. Anyway, glad someone had their camera phone/camcorder on them:

EJ Manuel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2TFbCiI08

EDIT: It's not letting me post the other 4 videos, so you're gonna have to go to YouTube to see them.

This guy is going to be the Bills next GM?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about goodwin is if he really is that kind of blocker and has that kind of toughness then he will be special.....because once he gets the ball he is GONE......

Thank christ the bills took a QB with a cannon that can get the ball to Goodwin and Graham deep.....it is SOOOOO gonna open up our running game. Stack the box...I dare you....DO IT

Well that's a loaded question. What about the video you watched made you ask it in that manner?

He struggled to described why he picked EJ. He said throw out the analytics--it's his "presence". Then he said it's the "it factor". When he tried to explain that, he stammered and settled on..."he's a leader of men".

Shouldn't have been that hard to rattle off 10 reasons they took him--right off the bat.

He struggled to described why he picked EJ. He said throw out the analytics--it's his "presence". Then he said it's the "it factor". When he tried to explain that, he stammered and settled on..."he's a leader of men".

Shouldn't have been that hard to rattle off 10 reasons they took him--right off the bat.

Your computer must haveit stuttered and died just after Whaley started talking about Manuel. Time for a new one.

Different people see different things I guess. I found Whaley to be charismatic and genuinely excited about the pick.

Your computer must haveit stuttered and died just after Whaley started talking about Manuel. Time for a new one.

Nope, it works fine--unless it skipped the part where he simply says "EJ Manuel is a very good QB". He doesn't mention anything EJ did as a QB that led them to take him.

But yes, he does go on to mention his height, weight, 40 time, hard worker... and said all of that, combined with the "it " factor are what are required to succeed as a QB in the NFL.

He then reassures the gathered fans that if in 3 years EJ doesn't work out he (Whaley) will be looking for a job.

Not a very convincing sales presentation. I think that's what the above poster was saying. That's all.

I like this guy ... and what he says about our draft picks.

Yes and...

Different people see different things I guess. I found Whaley to be charismatic and genuinely excited about the pick.

Yes.

I watched all of them. I thought he came off enthused and informed. In particular, the description re: safety play vs a specific team (NE). Obviously, Whaley isn't going to be fully honest in terms of how they assess anyone in this type of forum. The 'gut' test, however, tells me the guy likes what he sees. IMHO, I like what I've seen all offseason.

I liked his presence and yes he struggled a little on EJ, but aren't we being a little too picky? Listen to Jim Miller on NFL Radio who gave much more specifics, that he picks up a playbook quick as he did at the Senior Bowl, reads defenses well, makes all the tough throws as he stated today, and is very accurate.

We'll see in three years as that is what you get usually as a coach or QB in the NFL if you are the adopted starter. His description of Safeties on our team, and countering NE was excellent. He is going to be a fine GM someday. He's been raised in Steelers nation who has one of the best scouting and drafting record over the last 15 years. Lastly, for th guy who thinks he struggled in his speech, have you listened to Buddy?

Excellent videos and I love how the philosophy is changing to our squads dictating to the opposition. Far too long we have been 'taking what they give us'

As an aside, am I reading too much into the fact that it isWhaley making these presentations and not Nix?

You guys know all too well that WEO thinks he's cool by being "that guy" on the interwebs. He's always going to take the most pessimistic and anti-bills take that one possibly can.

Whaley was genuinely excited and enthused about EJ.

Edited by Ramius

Talk is cheap. Trying to sell tickets in the Kelly Club or wherever by selling/justifying draft picks is charming and all.

But the W's are what matter. Show the fans some dam W's and the leave the cheer leading to to the Jills.

It hopefully was a good draft. I support all 3 QB's now. But this story has been told over and over with the same results by Brandon especially.

The fact that Marrone likes some Skoal hasn't impressed me maybe as much as others. Neither does his special teams coaching hire. Time will tell and I am ready to see the new attacking Bills win some games. Maybe my koolaid is sugarless.