Watch out for Nickell Robey!!

Rogers and Butler are the returning #4 & #5 CBs on the roster, I don't hate his odds of beating them or any of the other UDFA corners on the roster out for a spot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know...168 lbs won't take you very far in the NFL. Hopefully he'll prove that wrong.

i don´t know the name, but there has been a midget playing corner good enough to get his part in " nfl hardest hits " of the 80´s or so.

his mantra was like " if i can get one leg of the ground i win the war "

again, long ago, but if you can play you can play. especially in the back end

Looks like he did fine against some bigger competition in the SEC judging from the highlights. He appears to have good range, ball skills, and hitting ability. Plus, he could prob put on some more weight if needed.

This is what Kiper said in listing him as one of the top UDFAs:

CB Nickell Robey, signed by Buffalo Bills

What hurt Robey is he lacks size -- at about 5-8, 170 -- and simply didn't work out well enough. Still, the tape shows a competitive guy who was effective in shutting down big receivers such as former Notre Dame star Michael Floyd, who had his worst game of 2011 while dealing with Robey. I have a feeling once Robey gets into OTAs, the Bills will see a guy who competes beyond his size. He's not a star, but he can play.

Nickell went undrafted for a reason. He's only half good enough to play in the dime sub-package.

We also signed a cornerback named Kearney.

A penny for your thoughts on him.

I wonder if the same scout who recommended drafting Reggie Corner suggested that we sign Nickell?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed. He would be a very, very big dark horse to make the team. Too small. This is the NFL.

Wouldn't that make him a very, very small dark horse? And why did you have to bring race into the discussion?

if kiper likes him we should get rid of him asap.

True. I wish they would have cut him the day before yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting listhe's on. 5'7" w/ a 4.55 forty,... huh? Anybody have any thougts on this guy? Doesn't leap off the page as anyone special. At least he's got the right name!

NFL draft scout has him at 4.47 with a low of 4.34. And while he's just 5'7-1/4", he's got a 40-1/2" vertical.