Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

How can you say this? You have no idea. You have no more clue that they had this conversation than if Nix and Rogers talked about botany.

Because Nix basically said it in an interview. Nix told him flat out that you have a choice to make, you work hard and keep straight and be a professional football player or you go out and get a job.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT coach said he wasn't a problem and didn't complain about getting the ball or anything. so sure, maybe he's growing up (even if i'm skeptical of people who belittle/harrass their teachers and coaches).

my only point was that it isn't just about weed.. he has other issues too which is probably why Honey Badger was drafted and Da'rick was not.

Gotcha. To me, the weed thing is a non-factor. It's not physically addictive and he won't he jonesing for it. The only concern is if he gets caught.

As for the attitude, sometimes people think they're better than others because they've been told/treated like they were. Often times it takes a good swift kick in the teeth for them to see the light. At TT, he was a big fish in a little pond and could have continued with his attitude. That he didn't says something. Whether he's changed for real I can't say. But while TT must have been humbling for him, going undrafted probably was an even bigger kick in the teeth.

Yeah, Randy Moss was arguably the most perfect physical freak ever to play WR. He allegedly ran a 4.25 40 into the wind and posted a 47" vertical at his pro day. (Per wikipedia, but they don't cite any sources and I can't find any corroboration online of the "into the wind" part or the vertical jump part. That the 40 time was into the wind I buy, but a 47" vertical seems impossible. Still, he was such a freak I can't discount the possibility.) I don't think Moss was ever overthrown until he went to the Raiders. I remember his rookie year, the Vikings QB's would talk about how they'd have contests in practice to see if anyone could overthrow Moss, and no one was ever able to do it. The guy was so big and so fast, with such amazing hands, coordination, and leaping ability, he was basically the perfect outside receiver. Not a guy who did a lot of damage over the middle, but why would you ever want him running over the middle? Just have him run posts, flys, corners, and fades and huck it up to him all day.

I think Randy Moss' first few years with the Vikes were as good as I've ever seen someone play football. He was incredible.

High school? ****, a lot of teenagers acted out in high school, I'll ignore that.

Poor attitude in games? Ok, that's a little worrisome, but this is the NFL now, so he'll either have to put up, or find a new job. Not super worried about that.

Game Changers, I watched it... his statement sucked a little, but also came off as kind of joking (to me), the rest of the interview he interacted pretty well, and even mentioned how important it is to surround himself with the right people going forward, mentioned hanging out with Woods being part of that. Seemed to have a lot of respect for Irvin in the show, as well. When he dropped a pass in the show, he immediately went to the ground to do pushups.

All in all, if this is some sort of OMG BAD PERSON, then people have incredibly unrealistic expectations of people. Nothing I've seen indicates that he gets into violent altercations, rapes women, does hard drugs, etc. A bit of weed, and acting out as a teen/young adult? I can handle that, those things are relatively easy to grow out of.

if they were easy to grow out of, a lot more people would grow out of them. we arent talking he experimented a few times and rubbed a few people the wrong way - if making guesses based on what we do know it sounds like he was raised for years with a sense of entitlement and will have to work VERY hard to turn things around. people do it - for sure. i think he has a chance to do it, and would like to see it done here... but its far from easy and you cant assume it will happen.

Gotcha. To me, the weed thing is a non-factor. It's not physically addictive and he won't he jonesing for it. The only concern is if he gets caught.

As for the attitude, sometimes people think they're better than others because they've been told/treated like they were. Often times it takes a good swift kick in the teeth for them to see the light. At TT, he was a big fish in a little pond and could have continued with his attitude. That he didn't says something. Whether he's changed for real I can't say. But while TT must have been humbling for him, going undrafted probably was an even bigger kick in the teeth.

agreed - im optimistic about the prospect of him being the player he has the potential to be. we will see. if he has a good track record for the last 8 months especially behind closed doors that would be a great sign in my book - unfortunately thats something as fans we dont have much access to.

I'm so freakin excited about this signing. How often do you get an undrafted free agent rookie that can start for you? This guy is better than our 3rd round WR. Nice job by Nix to land this guy so quick after the draft. Hopefully he pans out. He has all of the physical tools so if he works hard and stays out of trouble the sky is the limit

I'm so freakin excited about this signing. How often do you get an undrafted free agent rookie that can start for you? This guy is better than our 3rd round WR. Nice job by Nix to land this guy so quick after the draft. Hopefully he pans out. He has all of the physical tools so if he works hard and stays out of trouble the sky is the limit

I think what makes me the most happy is that if what I read is true about 16 teams calling him, is that he chose the Bills!

Thats awesome! You know one of those teams were the Pats and to turn down a chance to catch passes from Brady to come to Buffalo speaks volumes to me.

Love this guy and hope he does well here!

CBF

I think what makes me the most happy is that if what I read is true about 16 teams calling him, is that he chose the Bills!

Thats awesome! You know one of those teams were the Pats and to turn down a chance to catch passes from Brady to come to Buffalo speaks volumes to me.

CBF

+1 I was shocked we were able to get him at all, which is why I'm so excited. He must have liked his chances at grabbing a starting spot and liked what we plan to do on offense. I was really bummed we weren't able to get a big physical WR in the draft and I hated the Goodwin pick so this really makes up for it. I feel like Woods and Rogers instantly make our WR group better opposite Stevie (or with Stevie in the slot and more opportunities to make some plays in space). If this guy wasn't such a head case he might have been a first or at least a second rounder so to get him without even using a draft pick is amazing.

I will temper my expectations until he officially makes the roster.

Who is going to beat him out? We are so thin at receiver that I think he automatically makes the team just by being on the roster

CBF

What volumes does it speak? That we offered him the best contract and best chance to start day one?

Who is going to beat him out? We are so thin at receiver that I think he automatically makes the team just by being on the roster

He might knock himself off the roster. Otherwise he should be a solid 3-4 easily day one.

What I don't understand is why didn't the Bills just select him with their 7th? It's like they were teasing fate with this one.

Apparently they were already on the phone with Da'Rick during the draft telling him how much they wanted him and if he didn't get picked, he should sign with the Bills. If the Bills really wanted him, why didn't they just pick him? The kid apparently has a very high ceiling, so high that it was entirely possible for another team to take a gamble and pick him with their 5th-7th. It obviously paid off, but if the Bills were so high on him, why did they even take the chance?

What I don't understand is why didn't the Bills just select him with their 7th? It's like they were teasing fate with this one.

Apparently they were already on the phone with Da'Rick during the draft telling him how much they wanted him and if he didn't get picked, he should sign with the Bills. If the Bills really wanted him, why didn't they just pick him? The kid apparently has a very high ceiling, so high that it was entirely possible for another team to take a gamble and pick him with their 5th-7th. It obviously paid off, but if the Bills were so high on him, why did they even take the chance?

You could say the same thing about the other 14 teams who bid on his services. Sometimes players are not drafted on principle. Plus nobody ever goes back and criticizes a GM for missing on UDFAs. People on the other hand DO go back and check the percentages of their draft picks that work out.

+1 I was shocked we were able to get him at all, which is why I'm so excited. He must have liked his chances at grabbing a starting spot and liked what we plan to do on offense. I was really bummed we weren't able to get a big physical WR in the draft and I hated the Goodwin pick so this really makes up for it. I feel like Woods and Rogers instantly make our WR group better opposite Stevie (or with Stevie in the slot and more opportunities to make some plays in space). If this guy wasn't such a head case he might have been a first or at least a second rounder so to get him without even using a draft pick is amazing.

I agree with you. I'm still not sold on the Goodwin pick

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan

What volumes does it speak? That we offered him the best contract and best chance to start day one?

He might knock himself off the roster. Otherwise he should be a solid 3-4 easily day one.

1.Stevie

2. Woods

3. Graham

4. Rogers

If the young guys pan out, not too bad of a WR corps in the making. Don't know how to project Goodwin quite yet.