Rd 4, Pick #105: S Duke Williams - Nevada

SDS

One of my favorite episodes!

doesnt this seriously seem like it? I love it. We're getting some crazy, fast, loud guys. Guys that normal people can't stand and get annoyed by. I can just imagine Brady walking off the field after getting smacked around. Ripping his chin strap off all pissed. Looking at Hoodie with a glaze over his eyes because he doesn't know what the hell is going on.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL well put !

The kid is fast he's got some weight seems to be getting smart and he is focused.

Rockinon i think the Lions cornered that market.

heres my question guys .. Once Williams gets acclimated (sp) and becomes a Bill how does Pettine line these guys up?

Second Q. Does this affect Byrd ? If it's me i really want to play defense for the Bills I know Pettine has no problem putting 3 safeties on the field. If Silva can play....

good fun pick. be fun to watch the kids progress as with Kooko

edit. i meant Kiko

This is a lot of depth/special teams. No effect on Byrd. Might challenge searcy some, and sub packages.

No but I don't think a 4th rounder changes it even slightly.

you are cold man sir.

Searcy will be given starter responsibilties and i am not super comfortable with that yet. I would like to think Willams will be getting on field in packages rather quickly .

We do not know about A williams switcharoo by any means. I think they picked the youngster to play and delighted his image allowed him to drop

Edited by 3rdand12

Mayock said he woulda gone higher if not for the off the field stuff, whatever that was. Seems like we're infusing the defense with attitude

Sounds like issues were mostly underage drinking and hanging in bad company as a freshman. Reportedly turned it around by his senior year. Traffic violation last year. Doesn't sound like a giant red flag at this time.

From the film clip, great- almost unbelievable - closing speed and judgement on angles. Tendency to get the legs rather than wrap up mid-body; that works in college and he'll have to learn those tackles will get broken more often than not at the NFL level.

He clearly relishes the hit. Reminded me a bit of Leonard Smith on some of those plays. That guy was Nasteee.

you are cold man sir.

Searcy will be given starter responsibilties and i am not super comfortable with that yet. I would like to think Willams will be getting on field in packages rather quickly .

We do not know about A williams switcharoo by any means. I think they picked the youngster to play and delighted his image allowed him to drop

I don't think this changes the equation on Byrd though. Either they think he's a top 2-3 safety or they don't. I don't think a midround rookie changes that evaluation. If he's elite you keep him, if not don't pay him like it. This kid, as much as we like him is only 50-50 to ever be a starter yet alone a good one.

I guess, another small school hopeful, this draft is gona be as good as Nix's first one. Aperently we don't like Syracuse players either Shamarko Thomas was there and better :doh:

If only we were more familiar with him.... Oh... Wait...

i love that as an organization the bills are finally moving past the whole marv levy CHARACTER organizational philosophy and actually trying to draft good football players instead of model citizens now

Levy made it clear he was talking about "football character." He wanted guys who would show up on practice on time, work out in the off-season, support their teammates, be accountable, study film, be loyal to the team, etc. He never said he wanted choir boys.

As far as Williams is concerned, I read he was arrested once for underage drinking, once for driving with a suspended license, and another time for a drunken incident when he burglarized someone. The first two sound like "boys will be boys" kind of things. The last one is more problematic but they say he's been trouble-free the past couple years.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I still don't get why being drunk or bad at school makes you a better defender. Ill take a guy doing charity work and a beast on the field without thinking twice. Problem is we've been spotty at on field evaluation. Hopefully that is what changes, as its all that matters.

Is it time drag out my patented "football character" speech?

Again?

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think this changes the equation on Byrd though. Either they think he's a top 2-3 safety or they don't. I don't think a midround rookie changes that evaluation. If he's elite you keep him, if not don't pay him like it. This kid, as much as we like him is only 50-50 to ever be a starter yet alone a good one.

Fair enough .

I think they think he is. it's about the budget.

If they drafted Vaccaro? Jairus might feel some pressure to make the decision . I can only hope Byrd is starting to feel Bills are taking the future of the W-L column very seriously and have something he can get behind.

I will consider the Williams pick a sign of that. It appears that change of culture has occured recently

Meeks.

just drafted another safety hmmm

Edited by 3rdand12

Marrone seems like the type of guy who revels in the opportunity to mold, shape and inspire. He's picked up a ton of clay in this draft.

Great talent that love to play football the right way but could use some help learning to access their fullest potential seems to be a theme.