Geno Smith vs EJ Manuel

Geno Smith is a:

1. childish innercity punk
  2. dufus
  3. little prick
  4. piece of trash
  5. bad dresser (Polo sweater...really? AND he wears his draft hat OVER his ears...wtf?)
  6. bad talker
  7. whiny crybaby
  8. stuck-up half-witted scruffy-looking nerf-herder

Plus he's got a funny-looking nose.

Did we miss anything?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be interesting to see how things pan out. i like a lot about manuel, and smith will have a chip on his shoulder in a city that turns on a player in a second it should be interesting to see how these 2 qbs pan out.

Not sure who is the better QB. EJ seems to have more potential. But just from listening to and watching these two young men:

1. Geno is most likely to become a more of a head case than he already appears, especially in the NY Media circus. He looked immature and like someone that quits as soon as the going gets tough as his name wasn't picked in the early rounds. Remember the hang dog look from Joe Ferguson. Wait till NY jumps on this dude. The Jets are going from one cry baby to another. Geno won't last in that town.

2. EJ carried himself like an adult.

3. EJ spoke like an adult, even addressed some media schmuck as SIr. Everyone can understand what he is saying.

4. Geno sounded straight from the hood. Could not transfer his thoughts into words.

I believe that the real reason Geno did not get drafted in round one is all in Geno's head or rather the lack of things in his head. I don't care if Geno is better, I do not want to listen to a dufus like Geno for the next ten years.

Bills got the better man... Believe it. This kid is the real deal.... I'd say physically geno and ej are close, however ej come accross as confident, composed and competitive... Those are the only attributes upstairs that make a diffence.

Bills have finally gotten their franchise QB. Billeive it.

Time will tell, but for me it makes for a good potential rivalry. Certainly these guys are not in the Kelly/Marino class of QBs, but it was always fun to have a division rivalry headed by the QBs, and I hope this gives a little more oomph to the Bills-Jets games. At least until Geno implodes and the Jets crash and burn.

Not sure who is the better QB. EJ seems to have more potential. But just from listening to and watching these two young men:

1. Geno is most likely to become a more of a head case than he already appears, especially in the NY Media circus. He looked immature and like someone that quits as soon as the going gets tough as his name wasn't picked in the early rounds. Remember the hang dog look from Joe Ferguson. Wait till NY jumps on this dude. The Jets are going from one cry baby to another. Geno won't last in that town.

2. EJ carried himself like an adult.

3. EJ spoke like an adult, even addressed some media schmuck as SIr. Everyone can understand what he is saying.

4. Geno sounded straight from the hood. Could not transfer his thoughts into words.

5. EJ walks into a stable coaching situation. Marrone isn't going anywhere for three years and neither is Hackett. Smith plays for a HC the NY media says is already in his last year, with the team's third OC in three years. Add in media pressure, poise, and the comparisons with Sanchez and Eli, and you have to think EJ is coming into a perfect situation for him and Smith into the worst possible situation for him.

And I think character and fortitude count hugely for a quarterback. That's why guys like Kurt Warner (not even drafted!) and Rich Gannon can have nice careers and guys like Jeff George screw up no matter how many chances they get.

Some dumb disparaging comments about geno IMO in this thread..

He's ghetto? He didn't dress up enough ? lot of Joan rivers wannabes huh ?

Seriously it sounds pretty classless coming from a fanbase who seems to pride themselves on being classy and community people to insult a young man and call him some of the garbage being slung around here smh. I like to know what makes Geno a punk/thug?!? Sure ok if you want to discuss his shortcomings as a qb prospect fine, but I don't ever recall Geno getting into trouble or being a negative influence.

Edited by Stealth

Some dumb disparaging comments about geno IMO in this thread..

He's ghetto? He didn't dress up enough ? lot of Joan rivers wannabes huh ?

Yeah, I don't recall all these insults towards him before the Jets drafted him.

Neither do I.

In any event, Geno v. EJ will be a big match up for both fan bases for at least the next 2 years. Assuming both play.

To me, Geno doesn't pass the "sniff" test. He doesn't come across as a franchise leader and I have yet to see any sort of a presence. I'm sure he's physically talented and all, but he played in a gimmicky offense and folded like a house of cards when the going got tough. Conversely, EJ looks and acts the part, with equal (at worst) physical tools. Really glad things have worked out the way they did.

Geno Smith is a:

1. childish innercity punk

2. dufus

3. little prick

4. piece of trash

5. bad dresser (Polo sweater...really? AND he wears his draft hat OVER his ears...wtf?)

6. bad talker

7. whiny crybaby

8. stuck-up half-witted scruffy-looking nerf-herder

Plus he's got a funny-looking nose.

Did we miss anything?

He has athlete's foot and it stinks.

To me, Geno doesn't pass the "sniff" test. He doesn't come across as a franchise leader and I have yet to see any sort of a presence. I'm sure he's physically talented and all, but he played in a gimmicky offense and folded like a house of cards when the going got tough.

Exactly - and I've been saying as much since last fall.

theres been anti Geno sentiment from a few on here...........doesn't matter anymore.....now that he's a jet i have to wish the worst for him.

He's gonna light it up in a few years IMO. (when Jets get some WR's they have zero now)

One of the guys on the radio yesterday (I forget which channel) was saying that Geno's pre-draft visits did not go well. There were issues with his answering questions on the defensive schemes and it was why he never went in the 1st as projected.

I reckon he'll be OK and I wish him the best. No easy task playing QB in that NY zoo of a market.

Maybe I'm being a homer here, but I find EJ a more likeable, mature man. And...I think he has the mental intangibles to have a good NFL career. Not to mention the almost freakish athleticism.

Today on ESPN radio, a couple of national media types were guessing which QB would have the most success in the NFL. They immediately discounted EJ, saying the Bills suck and always will pretty much. That comment pissed me off, even though looking back 13 years its pretty true. They ignored the fact that a new sheriff(s) is in town.

They concluded Matt Barkley will be the most successful this year because of the great team around him. We'll see.

I'm tired of the lack of respect (and coverage) we get from the national media.

Whatever the case, I'm proud to have EJ as our future franchise guy. He seems like a helluva classy kid. And...Bruce Smith's God son. Gotta love that factoid !!

jb

Today on ESPN radio, a couple of national media types were guessing which QB would have the most success in the NFL. They immediately discounted EJ, saying the Bills suck and always will pretty much. That comment pissed me off, even though looking back 13 years its pretty true. They ignored the fact that a new sheriff(s) is in town. They concluded Matt Barkley will be the most successful this year because of the great team around him. We'll see.

Barkley will be 'the most successful" "this year"? :flirt: that would be why 32 teams passed on him 3 times, 'cuz he's gonna

1) be an immediate starter this year 2) be most successful?

The Eagles have a great team around him.......let's see, that would be why they're drafting 4th overall this year? :doh:

The Bills well deserve lack of respect from the national media for their historical performance over the last 13 years. Don't like it? One three letter word...WIN.

On the other hand, some of the "love" given to other teams is out of whack to the point of giggles sometimes.

Edited by Hopeful

Barkley will be 'the most successful" "this year"? :flirt: that would be why 32 teams passed on him 3 times, 'cuz he's gonna

1) be an immediate starter this year 2) be most successful?

The Eagles have a great team around him.......let's see, that would be why they're drafting 4th overall this year? :doh:

The Bills well deserve lack of respect from the national media for their historical performance over the last 13 years. Don't like it? One three letter word...WIN.

On the other hand, some of the "love" given to other teams is out of whack to the point of giggles sometimes.

Yup. And just to be clear, I changed the station as fast as Dan Marino used to get rid of the football ! LOL !

Just checking, but the words "punk," "hood," and "ghetto" are now considered racist?

Everything is racist now with the PC crowd.

Having said that, it's kind of lame to call some kid any name, whether or not it has a race implication, unless you actually met the guy, especially based on 15 seconds of video clips from the draft, just because he's on TV.

Also having said that, EJ sounds and acts a ton smarter.

We'll see who shines and who cracks this fall.

Just checking, but the words "punk," "hood," and "ghetto" are now considered racist?

hood and ghetto are borderline.............go call a black guy ghetto and see what type of reaction occurs. it's not a great look IMO.

no one wants to be called hood or ghetto IMO.