Geno Smith vs EJ Manuel

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Geno going in but am fine with choosing the bigger qb with the size to run when we need be.

Manuel seems like a very impressive young man in his interview. Always thinking of his mothers cancer and working on his Masters........., here's to EJ beating out Kolb and starting week 1.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Every man has to have a Black suit in the closet. This is in the book of Man Laws. :D

True dat!

I wanted Geno going in but am fine with choosing the bigger qb with the size to run when we need be.

Manuel seems like a very impressive young man in his interview. Always thinking of his mothers cancer and working on his Masters........., here's to EJ beating out Kolb and starting week 1.

EJ sounded great in the Chris Brown interview. He has a lot of physical talent and did a great job in Florida. I hope we finally got our long-term solution at QB; it's been 16 years since Jim Kelly retired. Wow

EJ seems to have more upside. Even if he doesn't work out - many 1st round QBs don't as we all know - I appreciate that we rolled the dice on EJ. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Absolutely this. We weren't afraid to be wrong.

Geno was drafted into the worst possible position. For that reason I think he will fail

This is the most salient point.

There are questions about Geno's mental toughness and now he goes to NYC where he has to deal with the most difficult sports media in North America.

On top of that, he goes to a highly dysfunctional organization whose head coach many view as being a lame duck.

Geno may be the starting QB on opening day for the NY Jets. That would definitely put pressure on Geno to perform with very little in the cupboard and a lame duck head coach. Geno will be under the big lights of NY and the expectations will be a lot higher.

EJ has a 3-year window to get his talent translated in the NFL. EJ will be playing for one of the low-key media market and the worst attacks will come from Jerry Sullivan.

Edited by ganesh

People who judge how players will turn out on the field based on the way they talk or handle themselves in front of the media should not be questioning the brains of those players. Those making these judgments need look no further than Mr. Tebow.

Im open minded on EJ given his physical attributes, FSU offense that wasnt the best platform to showcase his talents, and his demeanor. Geno im really glad we avoided. IMO pro game will be too fast for him mentally. The way he handled day 1 disappointment spoke volumes. This guy got caught up in believing his own hype, not a good sign.

Am I part of some bet regarding wool scarfs? That would be a first.

You are part of a battle to the death...that says that only poncy little grad students and coffee house turds, trying to look erudite, wear scarves*. That's what I say. That's whay you say. The enemy says....well...who cares? They can say whatever they want, when they get done talking, the above will still be true.

*Again, with the caveat that wool/knit ones in 30 degrees or less is about practicality, and therefore, not the same thing. You might also add scarves with an overcoat is fine, but scarves by themselves or with a blazer is ponce.

:lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I honestly think America and Bills fans were able to rest much more comfortably with at least taking E.J over Geno after hearing both interview.

IMO barkley was clearly the better prospect on the board at the time. I wonder if this was more fallout from the Sanchez experience, hesitating to draft another USC QB