Geno Smith vs EJ Manuel

Not sure who is the better QB. EJ seems to have more potential. But just from listening to and watching these two young men:

1. Geno is most likely to become a more of a head case than he already appears, especially in the NY Media circus. He looked immature and like someone that quits as soon as the going gets tough as his name wasn't picked in the early rounds. Remember the hang dog look from Joe Ferguson. Wait till NY jumps on this dude. The Jets are going from one cry baby to another. Geno won't last in that town.

2. EJ carried himself like an adult.

3. EJ spoke like an adult, even addressed some media schmuck as SIr. Everyone can understand what he is saying.

4. Geno sounded straight from the hood. Could not transfer his thoughts into words.

I believe that the real reason Geno did not get drafted in round one is all in Geno's head or rather the lack of things in his head. I don't care if Geno is better, I do not want to listen to a dufus like Geno for the next ten years.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference: Geno hung his head and acted like a baby the first sign of despair.

and THIS:

When we asked EJ what he feels he can promise Bills fans in his first year with the club this was his response.

“I promise you work ethic. I promise you to definitely give respect for this franchise, respect for the people who root for the Buffalo Bills. I’m never going to disrespect or embarrass the franchise,” said Manuel. ”We’re going to go out here and work as hard as possible and just continue to lead like I’ve always done.”

Not sure who is the better QB. EJ seems to have more potential. But just from listening to and watching these two young men:

1. Geno is most likely to become a more of a head case than he already appears, especially in the NY Media circus. He looked immature and like someone that quits as soon as the going gets tough as his name wasn't picked in the early rounds. Remember the hang dog look from Joe Ferguson. Wait till NY jumps on this dude. The Jets are going from one cry baby to another. Geno won't last in that town.

3. EJ spoke like an adult, even addressed some media schmuck as SIr. Everyone can understand what he is saying.

4. Geno sounded straight from the hood. Could not transfer his thoughts into words.

I believe that the real reason Geno did not get drafted in round one is all in Geno's head or rather the lack of things in his head. I don't care if Geno is better, I do not want to listen to a dufus like Geno for the next ten years.

While I understand that Geno is a Jet, and everything the Jets do is up for ridicule by Bills fans.

The comments regarding his maturity in the green room on day 1 are off base. He's a kid. It was the biggest night of his football life, he didn't get picked. How would anyone his age react? Jump up and down? I remember a guy named Thomas that was stiffed day one. He was a bit pissed off too. And he talked about it for a long time. Big deal.

I give the guy a pass on that night, since in the big scheme of the NFL it's meaningless and way to silly to judge the guys character on.

Not if it's against the Bills twice a year...

Yeah, Smith has a great track record of success against Marrone-coached teams.

When the chips are down, Geno Smith is your man, haha. Composure, tenacity, leadership, competitive - he is the total package.

While I understand that Geno is a Jet, and everything the Jets do is up for ridicule by Bills fans.

The comments regarding his maturity in the green room on day 1 are off base. He's a kid. It was the biggest night of his football life, he didn't get picked. How would anyone his age react? Jump up and down? I remember a guy named Thomas that was stiffed day one. He was a bit pissed off too. And he talked about it for a long time. Big deal.

I give the guy a pass on that night, since in the big scheme of the NFL it's meaningless and way to silly to judge the guys character on.

Smith won't have 1/50th the career of Thurman Thomas or Aaron Rodgers. Those guys are competitors.

Not sure who is the better QB. EJ seems to have more potential. (...)

Personally I don't give a d*mn what our QB sounds like. I want him to play well. He can sound like a Harvard guy or a hoodlum if he fills that latter quality.

I generally liked the way Ryan Fitzpatrick interviewed.

Amen, Geno is a athletic childish inner city punk.

Mmmmm. It's a valid point that the average 21-22 yr old guy isn't high on the maturity scale. The thing is, being the franchise QB of an NFL team, especially a NFL team in a media-rich city, demands a maturity and poise well above age expectations. How is this kid gonna react when he lays an egg and the fans boo and the media power-trashes him? I don't think he deserves to be smashed for his draft day behavior, it does justify a raised eyebrow and a quiet mentoring talk and it doesn't get a pass based on the "youthful disappointment" card. Otherwise, he'll be on track to do the Vince Young career wipeout.

Smith has the right guy in David Garrard to help him keep things in perspective, if they "click" and he cultivates that relationship.

So what are you doing later tonight? Going to a klan meeting?

Oh, come now.

Edited by Hopeful

Jesus.

I have nothing against the hood. I actually live in the hood. My point is the most important relationship on a team is between the coach and QB. If the coach can't understand what the QB is saying or the QB can't describe what's going on especially in a pressure situation, the communications are doomed and so is that team.

I have nothing against the hood. I actually live in the hood. My point is the most important relationship on a team is between the coach and QB. If the coach can't understand what the QB is saying or the QB can't describe what's going on especially in a pressure situation, the communications are doomed and so is that team.

I just fail to hear what you're hearing or see what you're seeing based on, in my view, limited evidence. You've shared no time with the man in the huddle or on the field, or in the film room. These are the places where it matters. And the guy has had some success (and some setbacks) on the field. If Dana Holgorson at West Virginia had a problem communicating with Smith, he sure has never voiced it.

Forgive me if the statement about a guy who hasn't publicly said anything incendiary seemed a bit rude at best. He's a quiet guy if anything.

geno is such a little prick

he wasn't even happy to be drafted he was incredulous he fell down the ladder

he couldnt even be bothered to wear a suit on day 2 to walk the stage!

nice sweater you piece of trash