Rd 3, Pick #78: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

boyst

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite obvious to me that the whole "move Stevie Johnson to the slot" plan has been scraped. If it even existed in the first place, for that matter.

TJ, and MG look like slot receivers to me. Woods and Johnson can man the outside spots.

The question is, was this all just a tactical smokescreen? Or will TJ or MG actually start? Or will SJ and RW man the outside on two wide sets and Stevie moves into the slot on obvious passing downs?

Which one do you think it is?

And TJ Graham had 99 catches for 1453 yards in four years at NC State, and it really kind of seems like he sucks. Of course, he still has time, but he showed absolutely ZERO last year. Not even a glimpse. Now, we have another one. Oh goody. The pick is horrible. The Bills don't have the luxury of hoping in their situation.

Actually he showed he could get open and he showed he could get deep. He was open a lot.

It's quite obvious to me that the whole "move Stevie Johnson to the slot" plan has been scraped. If it even existed in the first place, for that matter.

TJ, and MG look like slot receivers to me. Woods and Johnson can man the outside spots.

The question is, was this all just a tactical smokescreen? Or will TJ or MG actually start? Or will SJ and RW man the outside on two wide sets and Stevie moves into the slot on obvious passing downs?

Has it been scrapped? SJ and TG start, bring in Woods, and he goes outside while Stevie goes to the slot.

And TJ Graham had 99 catches for 1453 yards in four years at NC State, and it really kind of seems like he sucks. Of course, he still has time, but he showed absolutely ZERO last year. Not even a glimpse. Now, we have another one. Oh goody. The pick is horrible. The Bills don't have the luxury of hoping in their situation.

As a side note, I was enjoying our draft to this point, so I'm not hating on the whole thing. Again, I just think this pick is horrible.

I'm thinking our noodle-armed former QB had a negative impact on Graham's development.

Actually he showed he could get open and he showed he could get deep. He was open a lot.

I must not have been able to see from my seats then. Because he basically caught screen passes and gained about 4 yard it seemed, or ran deep in which most of the time he was blanketed. He showed nothing. What WR doesn't get open every now and then? TJ's problem wasn't all on Fitz. TJ wasn't that good in college, and kind of looks the same, albeit early, in the NFL.

Edited by Lv-Bills

As a side note, I was enjoying our draft to this point, so I'm not hating on the whole thing. Again, I just think this pick is horrible.

Yup - we should never draft a speedster again! We did that one time and he was only ok his first year.

Yup - we should never draft a speedster again! We did that one time and he was only ok his first year.

I'm trying to go back to see when I said that we shouldn't draft speed again, but I do get the message board cuteness you inserted in there. However, Graham wasn't OK. He was pretty much a non-factor on an NFL field. Again though, it was first year, but he showed nothing. And we just picked another one. Another one that is undersized, a track star, with eerily similar stats.

I'd have passed. So, would most teams that have a clue. I do, however, hope he works out.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I like the idea behind it. Whether it works or not is another story. On paper, its going to be tough as hell to defend against their 3 and 4 WR sets with Spiller in the backfield and with a QB who can kill you as a scrambler if you try to drop everyone into coverage.

well put

I'm trying to go back to see when I said that we shouldn't draft speed again, but I do get the message board cuteness you inserted in there. However, Graham wasn't OK. He was pretty much a non-factor on an NFL field. Again though, it was first year, but he showed nothing. And we just picked another one. Another one that is undersized, a track star, with eerily similar stats.

I'd have passed. So, would most teams that have a clue. I do, however, hope he works out.

All cuteness aside - that wasnt just directed at you, but about 30 posters in this thread. You just happened to be the last of the bunch I read so you got quoted. Sorry if only 80% of my frustration applied to you.

Tj was a raw, project WR taken in the third round with no real qb. I'd suggest adjusting your scale you measure with if you thought he was a total disaster. With realistic expectations.... He was simply ok. He flashed a lot of potential, but was clearly a raw rookie that needs a lot of polish and a better qb. In that sense, he met expectations pretty well in my book and you don't call that a disaster yet. If he doesn't grow, then your project is a disaster. Time will tell.

This might be a strange thing to say, but I don't think we need more offensive " playmakers." We need meat and Potatoes guys, like o and d linemen, TE's, and LBs.

I disagree. I thought the "meat and potatoes" of the offense was pretty good last year.

The problem was the QB. Have they fixed that? We don't know, but they addressed it. Second problem was the WR corp, and again, they addressed it. Chandler was fine, and if he comes back at the same level, he will be fine again.

The defense will be better too, especially if they sign Dansby. I would like to see a veteran DB added.

They finished 8th in the league. They aren't going to fix it all with one draft.

I think they plan on moving Stevie around a lot including the slot when they go 3 or 4 wide

This guy is a world class athlete. World class speed. Hell, he was on the US track team in London at the last Olympics in the long jump. 42" vertical....

Put the ball in his hands in open space and let his athleticism take over. Supposed to be a ferocious downfield blocker, too, for his size!

He also represents what we have not had in a few years: world class speed to stretch a defense and make them have to worry about the long ball.

I'm betting on the fastest guy in the draft. He can take a CB and safety out of the play. They go for the play action fake, and he and TJ will be 40 yards downfield taking ropes from EJ or Kolb. Let's hope they're right.

I was concerned with the Kiko pick till I watched ESPN and saw that the guy is a crazy hitman.

I'm good with this.