One Change this Year: Buzz. Marrone on Mike & Mike @ 9:15

One noticeable change this year is the Buzz around the Bills. Yes, "buzz" can be negative, but I have the feeling the response to the Manuel pick mirrors my feelings. Shock, disbelief, wondering why, reevaluation, focusing on the positives and increased intrigue at how good he could be.

For me, this progression could simply be my own seven stages of grief, but I feel better that "experts" I respect seem to see a big potential upside. Moreover, I feel better that tools like Todd McShay HATE the pick. Therefore, Manuel = HOF.

Notes:

- he was our guy right from the beginning. decision made a while ago.

- all in it together

- When ready to play? that's our responsibility. Need to earn trust of player, learn scheme.

- he's a very hard worker

- Nassib: all QBs in the discussion. EJ best fit.

- 2nd round: believe all rounds are important.

- college experience: have a bit more background on players but difficult to predict what a player will be.

- he was our guy right from the beginning. decision made a while ago.

Of course, there's no telling if this is true or not, but if it is, then kudos to the Bills for running some excellent interference over the past month or so. And if it isn't, then kudos to everyone for presenting a unified front now that the pick has been made.

I wonder if Marrone and/or Hackett will contact Nassib at any point to "apologize" for not picking him? We'll probably never know.

Snippets I also posted in another thread:

"EJ has to earn the trust of the players, our responsiliblity to get him ready"

"he will compete with Kolb and Tarvaris Jackson"

On why not Nassib (did not answer directly) "we made the best decision for the Buffalo Bills"

Who makes decision "scouts write hundreds of reports, Nix/Whaley/me etc sit and discuss. So decision comes naturally"

who will you take the 2nd round "If we told you that, all those talk shows will be out of a job and I am all about making jobs"

Do you have a better handle on this draft class coming right out of college now "you have seen them, seen how they grown, but difficult to say what they will become. watch fil, meet the kid, everyone has same decision"

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Of course, there's no telling if this is true or not, but if it is, then kudos to the Bills for running some excellent interference over the past month or so. And if it isn't, then kudos to everyone for presenting a unified front now that the pick has been made.

I wonder if Marrone and/or Hackett will contact Nassib at any point to "apologize" for not picking him? We'll probably never know.

Given the way the draft fell, I have little doubt Manuel was their guy. The first 7 picks were OT's, DE's, and an OG. I doubt they wanted any of them.

I think it's rather easy to tell if it's true or not for the simple fact that NO other QB was off the board when they made the pick. They had their pick of the litter. Why wouldn't that pick be the guy they wanted all along?

GO BILLS!!!

I think it's rather easy to tell if it's true or not for the simple fact that NO other QB was off the board when they made the pick. They had their pick of the litter. Why wouldn't that pick be the guy they wanted all along?

GO BILLS!!!

exactly. i was worried we would get the 2nd or 3rd qb off the board, and wonder how they had them rated or if we got ours or just a leftover. now we know, we got our number 1.

There's absolutely a way to tell if it's true. He was the first QB selected. Duh! If they wanted another quarterback, they would have drafted them instead. In terms of Nassib, it will be interesting to see where he goes. Could the Bills really shake things up in the second round by taking another one of those guys? Guess we will wait and see. I doubt it given that they already have Jackson and Kolb signed, but it would kind of be fun to see two rookies playing for the right to start.

there was buzz about last year too. we didn't live up to the buzz. we are definitely doing things different this year than we have done in the past. that can be good or bad. it's definitely exciting but I won't get my hopes up. we got our pick of coaches and our pick of qb's, so it's on the front office. no excuses this time

Come on eball, you know as well as I do that Nix is incapable of throwing up an effective smokescreen. :rolleyes:

There's absolutely a way to tell if it's true. He was the first QB selected. Duh! If they wanted another quarterback, they would have drafted them instead.

You don't understand! They wanted Nassib, but didn't want to look like they were just picking the guy Marrone coached. Another Buddy Blunder!