#8 spot generating the most buzz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just making this as a thread to gain insight on what the analysts and TV stooges are saying about who they think taking who and who's rising and falling on the boards as well as possible trade. Regarding any team, not just the Bills.

Last I heard on nfln was that the bills are taking nassib. Not sure who the reporter was. Some guy not at the nfln studios, but interviewing remote.

What have you guys heard recently?

NFLN also reported that Tavon was the #1 guy overall on Bills board and would be the pick. Hilarious they have reported two different scnearios on the same day. Goes to show that none of what anyone says right really matters.

Personally I do not believe at all that Bills will take Nassib at 8 regardless of what is reported

Watch the USC/Syracuse game. Barkley dissects the orange defense for 5 TDs in that game. Marrone had no answer for him and respects the hell out of him.

I think this thought process doesn't get enough run. Marrone domnated Geno, knows the ins and outs of Nassib, and was dominated BY Barkley. Which of these do you think he is most enamored by? It wasn't a one time shot either Barkley carved up Marrone both times they played.

Well...I'll say this much...If Austin, a 5-8-172 slot receiver is #1 on the Bills board this team has problems so deep this Draft is all but useless...IMHO...That would solidify the Bills as clearly and unquestionably the worst Scouting Department in the NFL...Hands down... B-)

i think that is just out there to try and get someone to trade up bc thats the player everyone wants

NFLN also reported that Tavon was the #1 guy overall on Bills board and would be the pick. Hilarious they have reported two different scnearios on the same day. Goes to show that none of what anyone says right really matters.

Personally I do not believe at all that Bills will take Nassib at 8 regardless of what is reported

Agreed. If they take Nassib at 8, it would be a dark day for Bills fans.

Not only that, but it was the same guy who reported them both. ;)

sure. Trade down and risk losing the QB you like to the Jets. Sounds like a good plan.

Wow.

Watch the 1983 30 for 30. The Bills took Tony Hunter at 12 because they knew at 14, either Jim Kelly or Dan Marino would still be there. They had a similar grade on both QB's. And that was freaking Jim Kelly and Dan Marino. If the Bills trade back from 8 to, say 16, and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick at the expense of maybe not getting one of these giant question marks then you and everybody on here should be doing backflips. Not to mention, they'll PROBABLY all be there at 16 anyway. But I think they have a similar grade on a bunch of guys so it makes all the sense in the world- if anything it would make their decision easier.

Bottom line... if we take Nassib@ #8 I'm going to barf. About as accurate as the guy we got rid of and less athletic. How about taking the 8th best player @ #8. Tyler Wilson is much more the football player than this guy and can be had later. Bills are a joke if they take the 40th best guy @ #8. But that's what makes them the Bills. And i agree with some who say move up to Green Bay in round 1 and take a QB.. just not Nassib -----> @#8. Are u effing serious ?.

+ many numbers

I want Tyler Wilson more than any other QB myself and the idea that Nassib would go freaking 8th overall while a guy who- tossup who's better- could go as late as the 2nd or 3rd is insane. Nassib is simply not an 8th overall type talent, period end of story. And if we trade back, no one else is gonna take him anyway. I will be extremely disappointed if they take Nassib at 8th. 16th with an extra 2nd rounder to show for it? I could live with it.

Not gonna be sexy, but they will take Warmack/Cooper with #8. Then best available QB in RD 2 - Nassib, Manuel, Barkley in that order. If they go with a QB at 8 it will be Nassib due to the Marrone/Hackett tie in.

Austin doesn't make sense here - we have both Spiller and Graham with similar shiftiness and speed so there is no need to get yet another.

When was the last time though that a top 10 QB has made a real impact besides the two slamdunk, once in a lifetime QBs of last year - Luck & RGIII? The few other QBs that that the Bills "could have" taken in the past but were passed up were all 2/3/4 rounders (Brees, Kapernick, Dalton, Wilson). There are good players to be had later.

It's a crap shoot with QB honestly and I don't think that they will reach for anyone but Nassib if they do.

Well...I'll say this much...If Austin, a 5-8-172 slot receiver is #1 on the Bills board this team has problems so deep this Draft is all but useless...IMHO...That would solidify the Bills as clearly and unquestionably the worst Scouting Department in the NFL...Hands down... B-)

I don't like the idea of the pick, but there might be a CJ Spiller best playmaker element to it, where he is the most valuable commodity at #8, and there is confidence to get a QB later in the round with a trade up, or sliding all the way to #41.

Not gonna be sexy, but they will take Warmack/Cooper with #8. Then best available QB in RD 2 - Nassib, Manuel, Barkley in that order. If they go with a QB at 8 it will be Nassib due to the Marrone/Hackett tie in.

Austin doesn't make sense here - we have both Spiller and Graham with similar shiftiness and speed so there is no need to get yet another.

When was the last time though that a top 10 QB has made a real impact besides the two slamdunk, once in a lifetime QBs of last year - Luck & RGIII? The few other QBs that that the Bills "could have" taken in the past but were passed up were all 2/3/4 rounders (Brees, Kapernick, Dalton, Wilson). There are good players to be had later.

It's a crap shoot with QB honestly and I don't think that they will reach for anyone but Nassib if they do.

I ***HATE*** a guard at #8. The difference between good and great at that position is probably less than anywhere else on the field. I am sure those guys will be great players, but I think what they would add to the Bills ahead of who we have or who we could pick in the 3rd is so so so much less than what a QB adds or a LB/CB/WR/TE/DE for that matter. Those guys will do less to make this team better than many other players available, and it isn't their fault, but the nature of the position. I wouldn't select a hall of fame punter at #8, and I wouldn't select World's Greatest Equipment Manager there either.