#8 spot generating the most buzz

sure. Trade down and risk losing the QB you like to the Jets. Sounds like a good plan.

Unless they have Smith, Barkley, Nassib, and Manuel all graded out the same with no clear leader of the group. If you think that each of these guys are equal as prospects and no one has taken a QB yet when you pick at 8, then it is a no brainer to trade back if its available(maybe twice if a run on QBs hasn't started).

Now if the Bills have locked onto one guy that they like then you take him at 8. Get your guy and don't mess around. I just happen to think that they do not covet one player over the other and would be happy with any one of these four guys. That is why a trade back makes sense.

However, it does not make sense if they are locked into 1 player.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I feel if Dion Jordan falls to 8 somehow the Bills should be running up to make the pick. This guy has all the talent to be a dominant pass rusher and had already proved himself to be a great coverage linebacker. If he is not there try and trade back to get more picks to fill all the holes and select Tyler Effiert with the trade back.

while I agree about Jordan, ill **** my pants and eat it (with my pizza) if hes still on the board

Actually, as Bills fans we should be praying that the Jets take Austin. Hell, let's hope they give up picks to get to him to take him. It'll set the Jets back another five years. They've got a shakey QB with no confidence, Tebow mania, a very suspect OL, they just lost their best CB and they've literally got no LB's. God, please let the Jets take Austin.

Giving Sanchez the best playmaker in the draft will not only help the offense in general, it'll make Sanchez look decent. If you're not sure about Austin because of his height, I get it. But hoping a division rival gets him is insane. If the Bills don't take him, I'd rather him be breaking ankles in the NFC.

There isn't anyone in this draft I must have. Arguments can be made for anybody. Weird year.....

while I agree about Jordan, ill **** my pants and eat it (with my pizza) if hes still on the board

Oh em gee. I'm pretty sure that threats/promises made on Internet message boards are legally binding in all 50 states plus US territories.

I have said this before. I really don't think Nix is capable of trading down. You need to have the guts to do it, and he doesn't (based on what he's said before and his refusal to trade down in the past).

If he wants Nassib or Barkley, he probably won't risk losing out on those guys by moving down.

I have said this before. I really don't think Nix is capable of trading down. You need to have the guts to do it, and he doesn't (based on what he's said before and his refusal to trade down in the past).

If he wants Nassib or Barkley, he probably won't risk losing out on those guys by moving down.

That's where I am at.

However, it's impossible for several players NOT to be rated extremely close to each other, not to mention that there really could be (and probably is) a difference of opinion as to who is better. And these guys all think they know, but they also know that it doesn't mean they know for sure.

So... I could easily see them going into tonight with three guys they would love to have at 8, including Nassib, and pretty sure that at least one of them will be available at, say, 16, the Rams pick. If that's the case, and to me it's an easily imaginable scenario, Nix could and world pull the trigger on a trade down.

We've got to stop worrying about what the Jets are going to do. They've proven to be just as clueless as us when it comes to drafting a QB. So if we trade down and they take Nassib, I'll be rejoicing. Thats one less QB we'll probably miss on.

I'd much rather trade down and take what falls to us. Whether thats a WR, OL, LB, QB. I'm fine either way.

Edited by Billsrhody

IMO at least 3 QBs will go in the 1st round this year, whether or not you and/or the "experts" say it's a reach. That's the way it goes. Once the first one goes they'all start going. Bills better be careful how many picks they trade down because we might be surprised to see all "name" QBs will be gone.

Action heats up at the Browns. Goes to boil at 8. The talk is too promising that we fo QB and WR. I am expecting WR go neither. Hoping it, too.

Barkley is too much hype.

The Jets cannot afford to invest in another QB at this point of their rebuild. No way will they go QB if they are smart

Nice to see that the Bills are at least "playing the game". It's obvious that they are trying to set themselves up for a possible trade down by letting everyone who is interested in Austin they he is currently #1 on their draft board.

My gut feeling is that the Bills want Barkley, but don't want to take him at #8. The interesting dymanic for tonight will be, where do they feel comfortable selecting him??

They obviously need more picks to fill all of their needs adequately so trading down from the mighty #8 spot makes a lot of sense.

Nassib and Manuel are only decoys. Barkley is who the Bills are targeting in this draft.

Watch the USC/Syracuse game. Barkley dissects the orange defense for 5 TDs in that game. Marrone had no answer for him and respects the hell out of him.

Nice to see that the Bills are at least "playing the game". It's obvious that they are trying to set themselves up for a possible trade down by letting everyone who is interested in Austin they he is currently #1 on their draft board.

My gut feeling is that the Bills want Barkley, but don't want to take him at #8. The interesting dymanic for tonight will be, where do they feel comfortable selecting him??

They obviously need more picks to fill all of their needs adequately so trading down from the mighty #8 spot makes a lot of sense.

Nassib and Manuel are only decoys. Barkley is who the Bills are targeting in this draft.

Watch the USC/Syracuse game. Barkley dissects the orange defense for 5 TDs in that game. Marrone had no answer for him and respects the hell out of him.

Bottom line... if we take Nassib@ #8 I'm going to barf. About as accurate as the guy we got rid of and less athletic. How about taking the 8th best player @ #8. Tyler Wilson is much more the football player than this guy and can be had later. Bills are a joke if they take the 40th best guy @ #8. But that's what makes them the Bills. And i agree with some who say move up to Green Bay in round 1 and take a QB.. just not Nassib -----> @#8. Are u effing serious ?.