Your "This ruins my weekend" draft scenarios :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what would get me glued to the computer?

if we pass on a QB at 8... and the rest of the league passes on one in the first round... it would be the most anticipated 2nd round EVER

And the Bills would be in a bad spot at #41, with all the QB needy teams in front of them in Rd 2. They would absolutely have no chance to take a QB of any worth after those 7 QB needy teams.

a Massive Power Outage on the east coast is about the only thing that will ruin tonight.....

the Bills have so many needs that it will be easy to justify and have fun with just about any pick....

Nassib, Milliner, Dion Jordan, Lane Johnson, John Cooper, Chance Warmack.

pass the Kool-Aid, I love the pick already.

Taking a WR (Patterson, or Austin) at #8. Patterson is not a franchise reciever and may actually bust completely and while I like Austin, he is not what the Bills need at #8 - too small and only a slot guy. I have a feeling he'll be lit up in the NFL by bigger LBs and safeties.

1) Not getting either Smith/ Barkley or Manuel at the end of the 1st or 2nd.

2) Drafting a receiver with a top #8. Don't trust Patterson and Austin is a small, slot wr.

3) A guard. I will burn down the Ralph.

4) A corner in the 1st won't be the worst, but the idea of spending 3 1st round picks on corners in 5 years is crazy.

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen, he was #1

Buddy Nix loses his double-beer can helmet and spends the entire first round frantically looking for it, while Whaley makes the first selection, ala Thurman and Davis.

Edited by The Poojer

I don't know about ruining my weekend, but it would be tough to get behind Vaccaro at 8. He looks like a good player, but with the Whitner pick there also it would put the kid behind the eightball and I think this board would be trippin'. He would have a huge hill to climb with the fans before he even got on the field.

I don't know about ruining my weekend, but it would be tough to get behind Vaccaro at 8. He looks like a good player, but with the Whitner pick there also it would put the kid behind the eightball and I think this board would be trippin'. He would have a huge hill to climb with the fans before he even got on the field.

Agree 100% but I think it would be great if fans would get behind the guy no matter who he was. For example, look at the President. We all have the guy we voted for but personally, if my guy loses, I'm still going to behind the President. I think far too many people will root for guys to fail because it wasn't their "choice."

If the Bills avoid making any one of these massive blunders, I'll be happy.

Trading any picks away (this year or next) to move up and take one of these shotty QBs.

Taking any one of these shotty QBs at No.8

Drafting Austin or Patterson at No.8

Ok, can't argue with that logic...paint 5'9" Wes Welker blue and he still will retire near or beyond 10000 receiving yards in the NFL. I still contend Austin could be fascinating in this offense with CJ, SJ and TJ (and don't rule out Freddie as a well-above average 2nd back).

Geez dude do you think Austin will get Tom Brady or the benefit of free reign to cheat like Welker has had for his career? I agree that Austin would be electric in the open field. Like Roscoe but at #8.

Geez dude do you think Austin will get Tom Brady or the benefit of free reign to cheat like Welker has had for his career? I agree that Austin would be electric in the open field. Like Roscoe but at #8.

Austin is NOT Parrish...check their college records and scout profiles. And, you know what, don't paint me into a corner where I have to defend the Patriots and Welker as NOT cheaters!

Part of my point is that Austin will not need Brady...plus check out Welker's stats with Cassel at the helm...not too shabby. Damn, you made me defend that guy. Jerk! :)

Aren't there always? We root for the Bills (though I was kid in the 90s and though the Bills were losers for losing Sbs).

If I'm part of the angry mob, I apologize (we've given the term "angry mob" a bad name)...draft day is a giddy-happy day in my book!

On that note, a friendly prod to the OP to re-try this thread...loved the idea of it and its positive light!