RIP Larry Felser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class act. Tough when he had to be but wasn't relentlessly negative like the new breed. I grew up reading him. He will be missed. Thanks Larry.

That's so true. When did it become a thing that columnists for the News (or is it everywhere?) had to be vitriolic 95% of the time?

I never had the same feeling reading Larry as I do Bucky Sullivan.

Shocked. When I read the title, I honestly thought... that's odd. Why would KTFABD want us to rip Felzer.

Bills nation is diminished by more than one today.

R.I.P. Sir. You reported what you saw, and thousands appreciated your handiwork..

Wow this one actually has me very upset. A huge part of the Buffalo Bills family and a true Buffalo guy all the way through. Makes me so sad that guys like him and Tim Russert are passing away and never got to see the Bills right the sinking ship. For the love of god we need to get back on track to being some sort of real football team. I don't wanna see any more of the legends pass away before they get to see at least alittle bit of glory. I will miss Larry Felser's articles and commentary on the sports talk shows. RIP to a Buffalo Legend.

One of the best in any town, & the guy who went above & beyond to get "his" guys into the Hall. The last of his breed. Vaya con dios, Larry

If I recall correctly he was the person who made the argument for Ralph Wilson to get into the HOF. He stressed the point that RW's main contribution to the NFL was as one of the primary founders of the AFL and had a lot to do with the merger of the NFL and the AFL. .

After he retired from the News he used to be a regular guest on Empire Sports with Howard Simon. I always liked his insights on football. He could be a tough critic but he expressed his views without anger.

Edited by JohnC