Will you be upset if the Bills don't draft a QB in rounds 1-3?

Will you be upset if the Bills don't draft a QB in rounds 1-3 of this years draft?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be upset if the Bills don't draft a QB in rounds 1-3of this years draft?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided (need to see how the QB's in the draft pan out in the NFL)
  2. 2. Would it be better for the Bills to wait until next year's draft to use a high draft pick on a QB?

Given all the talk that this year's crop of QB's is considered weak by NFL experts, would you be upset if the Bills didn't draft a top rated rated QB in the draft this year (such as Nassib, Barkley, Smith, etc...)? Would it be better for the Bills to wait until next year's draft to use a high draft pick on a QB? My concern is if the Bills use a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB and he doesn't workout, then we could have another JP Losman/Trent Edwards situation on our hands and be stuck with this guy for 3-4 years, then have to go through this process again years down the road.

I honestly am not sure how I feel about the first part of the question. I prefer next year's QBs to this year. I do not want a QB at 8. I do however think that I want one by round three. If I got Manuel in the 3rd round (not going to happen) I would be ecstatic. I would not be happy with anyone at 8.

To me it is all about value. I would rather take a player at 8 that is worth the 8th pick and a player at 41 that is worth the 41st pick than taking a player at 8 that is worth the 41st pick and a player at 41 worth the 41st pick.

These QBs all have warts so ideally, I would wait until next year for a QB. However, the Bills may have their pick of any QB at 8 if Geno slides..

The Bills would probably eek out 6 wins this year and miss out on the top of the class anyways.. So would the 3rd-4th best prospect next year be any better than the crop this year??

Great question. I want a QB obviously, but I am going with a 'wait and see'/trust the coaches here. If they don't take anyone, I trust them, but they better hope Kolb/Jackson pan out.

I definitely think next year is a better year for quarterbacks, though.

I have no problem if the Bills pass on a QB this year, and use either Kolb or Jackson as a stop gap QB until the Bills are able to draft a real franchise QB. After 13 miserable seasons, I want the Bills to finally get the right QB that is capable of winning multiple Superbowls. I would rather have an Andrew Luck/RGIII type QB instead of an Andy Dalton/Alex Smith type QB.

Screw next year. It's always next year's class will be better. Then it comes next year, and then all the experts pick about the class. Those same experts who missed on Kaepernick and Wilson. Draft a guy and if he's doesn't work out, draft another guy. But you're never going to find a franchise guy if you don't even try.

I will, because Buddy said he's not leaving until we get a QB. If we don't take one this year, it would seem he's staying around another year and I don't really want that.

At same point, if the Bills were terrible and got a top 2 pick last year, Buddy is a genius for drafting Luck or RG3.

What if next years pick is 10-13 and we are stuck in that area year after year? At some point cut the Bull crap and take the damn QB. Although I think they will trade down if they stay at #8 they have a shot to get either the #1 or #2 rated QB on their board.

The other thing is There isn't anyone at #8 that is going to get us to the playoffs so why not take the QB pick? There is not one player in this draft that is so awesome you MUST take them at #8 period. all Experts can agree this isn't a top end draft with a ton of great players, its a deep one with lots of good players. Hell this is so widely known most of the teams in the top 10 are trying to trade out!

Screw next year. It's always next year's class will be better. Then it comes next year, and then all the experts pick about the class. Those same experts who missed on Kaepernick and Wilson. Draft a guy and if he's doesn't work out, draft another guy. But you're never going to find a franchise guy if you don't even try.

THANK YOU! Enough of the BS just pull the damn trigger already. I said this before, at the start of the College season Matt Barkley was hands down the consensus #1 pick, but because USC went through turmoil and he got hurt now all of a sudden you ignore 4 years of tape and he suddenly sucks?

I wish fans would quit listening to clowns on ESPN, NFLN etc and their blather.

With our draft history there is only a slim chance of picking the right guy and developing him in any event. Whether we draft a QB this year, trade a first round pick for one (RJ), or draft next year I will not be sad or happy. We did not even develop Jim Kelly, he prepared in the USFL. It is easier for us to select McCargo, Maybin, Losman, Patulski vs Bruuuuce. When do something smart we screw it up, like Lynch, McGahee, Levitre etc

I think next years QB's are better prospects than this years QB's but they should take a QB this year early but not in the first round. Make sense? Ideally, they would trade the 8th overall pick and get extra picks and use one of the extra 2nd or 3rd round picks on a QB. The worst thing they could do in my opinion is blow the 8th overall on a QB. Whomever it is, if they reach for a QB at #8, he will never, ever live up to the expectations and it will set them back a few more years plus they will not draft a QB early next year. I really wish Buddy Nix had nothing to do with any of this. I just know he is in panic mode and will blow it.

I think next years QB's are better prospects than this years QB's but they should take a QB this year early but not in the first round. Make sense? Ideally, they would trade the 8th overall pick and get extra picks and use one of the extra 2nd or 3rd round picks on a QB. The worst thing they could do in my opinion is blow the 8th overall on a QB. Whomever it is, if they reach for a QB at #8, he will never, ever live up to the expectations and it will set them back a few more years plus they will not draft a QB early next year. I really wish Buddy Nix had nothing to do with any of this. I just know he is in panic mode and will blow it.

And how did that work out for Locker and Barkley. Each one of these guys would have gone 1 or 2 overall in the year before they declared. They stayed in school and bombed so what is to say that won't happen to the supposed stars in college this year.....

What if next years pick is 10-13 and we are stuck in that area year after year? At some point cut the Bull crap and take the damn QB. Although I think they will trade down if they stay at #8 they have a shot to get either the #1 or #2 rated QB on their board.

The other thing is There isn't anyone at #8 that is going to get us to the playoffs so why not take the QB pick? There is not one player in this draft that is so awesome you MUST take them at #8 period. all Experts can agree this isn't a top end draft with a ton of great players, its a deep one with lots of good players. Hell this is so widely known most of the teams in the top 10 are trying to trade out!

THANK YOU! Enough of the BS just pull the damn trigger already. I said this before, at the start of the College season Matt Barkley was hands down the consensus #1 pick, but because USC went through turmoil and he got hurt now all of a sudden you ignore 4 years of tape and he suddenly sucks?

I wish fans would quit listening to clowns on ESPN, NFLN etc and their blather.

If there's a highly rated QB in the draft next year (such as an Andrew Luck/RGIII type), then the Bills are going to have to make a move like the Redskins did last year by moving up in the draft and offer multiple picks to get their guy. I would have no problems with that move if the Bills are able to plug in more of their holes this year.

I would not be upset if they don't take one.

My view is IF they think any of these guys are good starting QB material, then they should just take that guy at 8. If not, then I don't see too much value in taking one in the 2nd or 3rd just to say they took one. In a league that is very QB-starved, if any of the teams think these guys can play they will get picked early. With all due respect to the "but, Kaepernick, Dalton and Wilson went in round 2 (3 for Wilson)" argument, those are extremely rare examples that happened to have been clustered in a 2 year period. Further, while all looked good so far, the book isn't closed on any of those guys. I wonder what Dalton would look like without a truly elite WR in Green and who knows if defenses will find a way to make life a lot harder for Russell Wilson... I do think Kaepernick is likely to continue his success.

I think the actions of KC, Oak, Ariz and Buffalo acquiring veteran options speaks volumes about what the NFL scouts think of these QBs.

That being said, Smith, Nassib, Manuel, Barkley and Wilson all have some positives that might allow them to be successful in the right situation.

I do think that Buddy Nix is blowing smoke when he says that there are 2 or 3 guys in this draft that will be very good starting QBs.

These QBs all have warts so ideally, I would wait until next year for a QB. However, the Bills may have their pick of any QB at 8 if Geno slides..

The Bills would probably eek out 6 wins this year and miss out on the top of the class anyways.. So would the 3rd-4th best prospect next year be any better than the crop this year??

Yep. We need to wait for clearly elite, can't miss QB prospects like Jamarcus Russel, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf......

3rd round is definitely not a "high pick" for a starting QB. I (and most, I think) would argue that 2nd round isn't either. #8 definitely is. My ideal scenario would be a high 2nd-rounder on a QB, who starts most of the season and is either really promising or terrible. Actually the IDEAL scenario is that the rookie is excellent no matter where we draft him, but I'm trying to be realistic and temper my hopes/expectations. If we draft another Gabbert/Locker/Ponder at 8, we're realistically going to give him a chance to succeed for at least 2 years, probably 3. That's a lot of risk, and Geno is the only guy I like enough to take that risk with.

So I answered yes to both questions.

I said yes to both poll questions.

Take a QB this year. If he sucks. Take a QB next year.

You can do that now in the NFL.Geno Smith, Barkley wouldn't be Top 3 QBs next year maybe Geno Smith is #4 at best in the 2014 QB class.

Now taking one of the class of 2013 QBs at #8, ummm, well if you're sold on a guy then absolutely yes.

If you're not sold on a guy you still have to take a swing at #41 or the 3rd round pick.

Its almost mandatory.

None of this is true.

2013 really is a bad class.

2012 class was raved about before after and during.

But i agree with the fact that you have got to atleast try.

The franchise has never taken a QB with their first pick in the first round.

Edited by Why So Serious?