My surprise pick at #8

I would bet the house against this - he never came to O.P. for a pre-draft visit with the Bills. Nix's has been pretty consistent in the first 2 rounds regarding drafting players he has had in for a visit...

I read somewhere that no team brought him in, or maybe just a couple, because he was so clean there wasn't anything to learn about him. I think McShay now has him going #6 overall. Not that I trust McShay.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't even considered the possibility of a TE in the 1st until this thread, but now I LOVE the idea. I'm all for taking Eifert over any of the QBs or WRs, and all the defensive players aside from Dion Jordan.

I really want this to happen, which means we'll probably crap the bed and take Nassib at #8.

I read somewhere that no team brought him in, or maybe just a couple, because he was so clean there wasn't anything to learn about him. I think McShay now has him going #6 overall. Not that I trust McShay.

Your absolutely right - just read that on rotoworld. I have never heard of such a thing....So clean, every team thought it would be wasteful to use one of their visits on him... I am so intrigued, now I want us to take him.

I along with Kelly the Dog have been high on Eifert prior to the OP, and I agree he is the safest no bust pick in the entire draft on offense. He's a cross between Jimmy graham and the Gronk, IMO. Great hands, battles for every ball, and is fast as lightning with WR speed. if we don't take him at 8 I'd be surprised, quite frankly.

OF all the picks I don't want at #8 (Austin - good player just not for us or a guard), I definitely can get with ZE. He's a baller and TEs are so important to QBs. That's the 2nd biggest position we have neglected. A QB could do some things with ZE and Chandler.

I won't be disappointed if they take BPA at 8.

If there isn't a legit qb to get excited about in the first round (from what I've read there isn't) I'm with you. Whether it be a TE, LB,WR or lineman. We aren't going to be very good this season and hopefully next draft we can get a qb

Kenny Vaccaro or EJ Manuel, and I'd be happy with either. I do have a strong inclination that Geno Smith slides to us @ 8 though.

Why, can Smith play tight end?

4) Nothing is more valuable to a young QB than a great receiving TE who can bail him out.

I think an old QB values that, too. I hope you're right.

Holy ****, I thought the EXACT same thing today! I was actually mulling posting this very thought but didn't have the nerve to do it, especially since my posts haven't been too popular lately. He fits what we need maybe even more than a QB. I think that the Bills do grab a QB in the 2nd rd without a trade up or maybe even later. We have Kolb and from what I have heard Jackson hasn't looked hateful. On the other hand our TEs position looks piss poor as of now, especially with Chandler being such a question mark. Grabbing someone to develope behind these 2 like Landry Jones in the 2nd or 3rd rd would make more sense to me than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with these earlier prospects at QB. Hey, Jones even got a vote of approval from Bill Polian and if he 's good enough for Polian than he's good enough for me. Well, needless to say here's to an interesting draft! Go Bills!

I would be very happy with Eifert in the first round as well. I am not sure why so many of you are so concerned with us drafting a QB in the first round. None of the QB's in this draft are sure thing studs. I hope we trade down at least once. And grab as many picks as we can. I would love taking Eifert and possibly two of the other top receivers (Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson, Austin) later on. We have a serious shortage of playmakers. And who is to say that TJax or Kolb is not going to be the guy for us who can lead us to the playoffs? I also would not be surprised if we took one of the two top guards with our first pick. And we have a serious need for a CB as well.

The media has been playing up that we "Have" to take a QB with one of our top picks. But who at One Bills Drive has said that we are taking a QB? Noone has. All the talk about taking a QB high, maybe just talk. I think we will try and trade down first, and if no takers, than every position of need is in play. But if we trade down, I think EJ Manuel is the guy.. Taking a QB at 8 is just too high for the amount of needs we have, and the talent level of the QB's in this draft. But we shall see shortly....

Wouldn't be surprised if Dion Jordan is available at #8. Probably comes down to Jordan or Eifert if they stay at #8 or trade back if Austin is still available.

The more I think about it, the more I lean toward defense. While we lament the lack of a QB, when was the last time the Bills had a defense in the top 15? Without looking at the data, I think having a D ranked at the bottom the past several years has contributed to more losses than anything Fitzpatrick did. I say get Pettine a couple more playmakers. I hope Jordan is there.

The more I think about the more I like the idea of taking Eiffert with our first pick and taking a QB with our second pick. Whether it's 8 and second round, or a trade back and trade up sort of move. I'm liking this move a lot.

Me too, and that is why I think this is what is gonna happen. The only thing though in a trade back is that I am not convinced he will get past the Jets, in fact, if someone trades up with us to get Tavon, the 3 most likely guys I see the Jets wanting at their 2 first round picks are Warmack, Eifert, or Miliner. I doubt Miliner will be there, so you could also plug in a pass rusher or DT.

If the Bills trade down and miss out on Eifert, then I think they certainly go QB at that point.

I think it's quite amazing that, really, nobody has any idea whatsoever what the Bills will do at #8.

A combination of so many needs and too few top tier players. Best option is a trade back to mid-round.