Who will be this year's DRAFT SLIDERS AND BUSTS???

Alright.

In my spare time I've been watching a lot of videos of the top prospects at this site.

I'm trying to get a good idea of all the players who might be in play for the Bills this year. Sometimes I'll go off on a tangent and watch players that are not likely to be picked by the Bills, just on a whim.

I heard Greg Cosell mention that he thought Shariff Floyd was a possibility to be the first player taken and that he would be a top 5 pick. Jerry McDonald of the Bay Area News Group said that he thinks Floyd will go to the Raiders at #3 so I decided to watch video of Floyd.

The guy sucks. I have no idea what these guys are watching. How is it that a guy who's not even 6'3" can continually get chop blocked by taller players? How is it that a top prospect can get pancaked 6 times in 3 games?

This guy has one asset: pretty good short-area quickness and that's about it.

He has very little power or speed, doesn't use his hands very well, and is a very limited athlete. This all on top of the fact that he's under 6'3" and less than 300 pounds. I watched 3 games of his and it's hard for me to imagine that there's something else I could see in the other games which would change my mind.

When I watch Floyd I'm reminded of Broderick Bunkley and Amobi Okoye and Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey and all the other undersized DTs who supposedly had great leverage and quickness and would be stars in the NFL. All of these guys were highly drafted and failed. So far there's only been one Warren Sapp.

Similarly, Shariff Floyd's underwhelming skills will not translate well to the NFL. He might not be as good as Kyle Williams. He's not as good as recent draftees Corey Liuget or Stephen Paea, IMO.

So I don't understand the buzz for Shariff Floyd. I'd actually be surprised if he was drafted in the top 20 and it wouldn't surprise me if he fell out of the first round. Regardless of where he gets drafted, I predict he'll be a bust.

Who do YOU predict will be a bust in this year's class?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I don't watch game-tape like you do..well ok not at all..but anyways..i don't think that CB Tyrann Mathieu will last in the NFL...once he gets that money he's gonna go crazy...I know he says he's done with drugs and he knows he has to get his head screwed on,but man that's a lot of drugs he can buy with that money.

Terrance Williams out of Baylor.

He may not qualify as the typical definition of "bust," as he probably won't go all that high. However, I keep seeing his name included among the top wideouts in a deep class.

I haven't exactly pored over all the youtube videos of WRs extensively (and I'm no guru anyway), but I have checked out just about all of the guys slated to go in the top 4 rounds. Williams has to be the worst. He does a decent job of getting open, but too many drops and does absolutely nothing with the ball in his hands. He's pretty fast but not quick. For a Bills comparison, think Stevie Johnson without the moves off the line and worse hands... and that's being generous.

I just can't understand how I keep seeing him mocked in the second round.

So easy...Kiki Mingo

Can't shed blocks, awful against the run, production nowhere near his athletic ability and he is a tweener...I would be more surprised if he was good than a bust

i 2nd that

Patterson hands down.

This

Terrance Williams out of Baylor.

He may not qualify as the typical definition of "bust," as he probably won't go all that high. However, I keep seeing his name included among the top wideouts in a deep class.

I haven't exactly pored over all the youtube videos of WRs extensively (and I'm no guru anyway), but I have checked out just about all of the guys slated to go in the top 4 rounds. Williams has to be the worst. He does a decent job of getting open, but too many drops and does absolutely nothing with the ball in his hands. He's pretty fast but not quick. For a Bills comparison, think Stevie Johnson without the moves off the line and worse hands... and that's being generous.

I just can't understand how I keep seeing him mocked in the second round.

97 Receptions, 1832 Yards, 12 TDs, 8 100+ yard games. Too many drops? Nothing with the ball in his hands? Are you out of your mind?

97 Receptions, 1832 Yards, 12 TDs, 8 100+ yard games. Too many drops? Nothing with the ball in his hands? Are you out of your mind?

Not at all.

Average of 5 YAC when catching the ball on avg 14 yds past the LOS. He goes down too easily, and I just have a feeling he isn't outjumping/outmuscling/outpositioning NFL corners like he did in college.

Maybe I was harsh on the drops, as his drop rate is about average. He's made some spectacular catches with guys draped all over him, but I noticed a few where it looked like he wasn't concentrating on securing the catch, and also doesn't always make adjustments to less than perfect throws.

Some stat-based analysis here: http://secondroundst...2/06/tier2-wrs/

But stats aside, just watching the videos shows me IMO that he doesn't have "it," at least at this point. Yes, he's made some excellent highlight reel catches, but unless he continues to significantly develop, I don't see Terrance Williams as anything more than average WR2 or WR3.

Edited by uncle flap

Alright.

In my spare time I've been watching a lot of videos of the top prospects at this site.

I'm trying to get a good idea of all the players who might be in play for the Bills this year. Sometimes I'll go off on a tangent and watch players that are not likely to be picked by the Bills, just on a whim.

I heard Greg Cosell mention that he thought Shariff Floyd was a possibility to be the first player taken and that he would be a top 5 pick. Jerry McDonald of the Bay Area News Group said that he thinks Floyd will go to the Raiders at #3 so I decided to watch video of Floyd.

The guy sucks. I have no idea what these guys are watching. How is it that a guy who's not even 6'3" can continually get chop blocked by taller players? How is it that a top prospect can get pancaked 6 times in 3 games?

This guy has one asset: pretty good short-area quickness and that's about it.

He has very little power or speed, doesn't use his hands very well, and is a very limited athlete. This all on top of the fact that he's under 6'3" and less than 300 pounds. I watched 3 games of his and it's hard for me to imagine that there's something else I could see in the other games which would change my mind.

When I watch Floyd I'm reminded of Broderick Bunkley and Amobi Okoye and Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey and all the other undersized DTs who supposedly had great leverage and quickness and would be stars in the NFL. All of these guys were highly drafted and failed. So far there's only been one Warren Sapp.

Similarly, Shariff Floyd's underwhelming skills will not translate well to the NFL. He might not be as good as Kyle Williams. He's not as good as recent draftees Corey Liuget or Stephen Paea, IMO.

So I don't understand the buzz for Shariff Floyd. I'd actually be surprised if he was drafted in the top 20 and it wouldn't surprise me if he fell out of the first round. Regardless of where he gets drafted, I predict he'll be a bust.

Who do YOU predict will be a bust in this year's class?

That why the raiders will pick him. It's what they do. Sure the new guy might break the trend and should and Mckenzie is that guy.

But to my point , that is the raiders TRENDING. thats what they have historically done. So the pundits strongly consider trend of teams to fit players. Part of the algorithim. You have found out the truth about the draft. There need to be enough x,y, and z factors to keep it interesting. Its fixed to a degree.

Teams know exactly who they who they want. But the spinners keep spinning.

My bust pick is Patterson if he is picked high.

Edited by 3rdand12

Buffalo`s high powered QB ryan Nassib. He finds out NFL defenses are more complex and faster than the Stony Brook Sea Wolves,Minny`s Golden Gophers,Connecticut Huskies, Temple Hoot owls and Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Geesh what a high powered schedule.

I know...just look how Kaepernick struggled adjusting to NFL defenses from the likes of the Idaho Vandals, New Mexico State Aggies, San Jose State Spartans, Utah Utes, etc..etc...

Oh wait...

Nassib busts out early. -He's not that good of an athlete, and the speed of the pro game will be too much for him. -Barkley follows him shortly after for the same reason.

Jarvis Jones will be out of comission for most of his short pro career. Barkevious Mingo will eventually turn into a servicable linebacker, but probably won't see too many pro bowls.

Ziggy Ansah will be a perennial pro-bowler, as will Margus Hunt. I think Hunt's career will be shorter, but he'll put up some crazy numbers.

RPI's QB Mike Hermann, (If given the chance) will shock the football world.