Brief insight about our new staff from a current Syracuse player...

I get it. This is so easy to mock it's almost impossible not to. But that's also why it's not that funny when you do. Dont get me wrong, it's slightly funny, but not that funny.

If you genuinely know this guy to the point where he'd tell you straight if Marrone was a d-bag in the eyes of his players or not. I'll take this as a positive. Thanks for posting.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a kid who plays at the Cuse right now, and he knows the staff. I asked him about these guys and he gave me a brief introduction about them... I copied and pasted it...

"They a good group together the db coach real he know he know what he doing Marrone a cool dude too it just he gone have to get used to the team and then err thing should be good".

It's not much, but this is a great kid and I know he would tell the truth if there was anything bad to say about them.

nothing like a Syracuse education ???

There are many posters on TSW who have no room to laugh at any abuse of the English language. They should instead take a good long introspective look in the proverbial mirror.

This is nothing to laugh about. Someone who has graduated from high school should be able to speak english. How did this kid get into college? Yes. He's probably on an athletic scholarship.

I know a kid who plays at the Cuse right now, and he knows the staff. I asked him about these guys and he gave me a brief introduction about them... I copied and pasted it...

"They a good group together the db coach real he know he know what he doing Marrone a cool dude too it just he gone have to get used to the team and then err thing should be good".

It's not much, but this is a great kid and I know he would tell the truth if there was anything bad to say about them.

boy some really smart kid who would love to go to Syracuse and build on his education is passed up for this knuckehead football player.. shame

I see we have alot of English majors on the board who would text everyone that they know personally with perfect Grammer and spelling. If you look at text for perfection then you're a dumb A**...You likely are the same people who insist on drafting guys with high character and then get your a** kicked for 13 str8 yrs and don't make the playoffs. He know's how to articulate, yet he is from an Urban community, however you Geniuses only know what you know and can't relate to slang or short hand...Keep your technical butts off of the Internet!!! I bet he makes it to the league before anyone you guys know who is soooo smart!!!

How about renaming the title of the thread to "brief impression about our new staff from a current syracuse player" I fail to see any real insight here

Insight: noun: 1. The capacity to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of a person or thing

Edited by GaryPinC

This is nothing to laugh about. Someone who has graduated from high school should be able to speak english. How did this kid get into college? Yes. He's probably on an athletic scholarship.

Wrong...Full Academic Scholarship...However I know him personally, and he was texting as he was about to head to a workout with his teammates, but hey you probably only use proper English all the time...So you couldn't relate to a kid who was raised by a single mother and never had his father around. This is Urban life, and if he were speaking to a geek like you then he would be grammatically correct.

I see we have alot of English majors on the board who would text everyone that they know personally with perfect Grammer and spelling. If you look at text for perfection then you're a dumb A**...You likely are the same people who insist on drafting guys with high character and then get your a** kicked for 13 str8 yrs and don't make the playoffs. He know's how to articulate, yet he is from an Urban community, however you Geniuses only know what you know and can't relate to slang or short hand...Keep your technical butts off of the Internet!!! I bet he makes it to the league before anyone you guys know who is soooo smart!!!

so after reading this, it might not be the player interviewed that is illiterate. It might be you and your inability to type correctly what he said.

Guys, we've got this thing all wrong. It's the OP that can't spell, not the kid he quoting.

*****sarcasm font needed in a huge way here****

Wrong...Full Academic Scholarship...However I know him personally, and he was texting as he was about to head to a workout with his teammates, but hey you probably only use proper English all the time...So you couldn't relate to a kid who was raised by a single mother and never had his father around. This is Urban life, and if he were speaking to a geek like you then he would be grammatically correct.

The word "urban" is generally not capitalized unless it is the first word in a sentence. Just trying to help.

Me a geek? Not really. There is life after football where success requires skills that this fellow does not appear to have. I have great sympathy for single parent kids. But you should not use that as a excuse. It won't be an accepable excuse in the business world. This kid is now in college, apparently due mainly to his athletic skills. I hope he spends some time in the classroom acquiring english speaking skills and is able to put his urban slang behind him.