The official 2013 Bills Schedule discussion thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the team will stay down in Florida in the week between the Bucs and the Jags game?

Last year they stayed on the west coast for the week, but that was a little further and likely had something to do with the time change/jet lag. But the weather in Florida in December, and Buffalo, may convince them to stay down in the warm weather to practice. If it were up to me, I think I would have them stay.

I was thinking the same thing......

You fly to Orlando do Bucs and Jags game and mid week do Disney/Universal/Sea World

To top it off... Sabres play at Tampa Bay during that week.

Edited by djp14150

I think our season will be defined in the last 4 games, at bucs, at jags, home vs fins then on the road at pats

Why ? If we are 1-11 going into those 4 games, why do those games matter. I think in the NFL every game is a defining game.

Fans would go if we actually played a meaningful games in December, its been a decade!

+1

Nice Sunny December schedule.

Most of you complain about Home games in December well now you get your wish.

Overall I like it. I like a young coaching staff starting out with 4/6 home games. Then he gets to take his show on the road to close out the season.

Oh and !@#$ the Patriots! See ya week 1, Marsha.

I was thinking the same thing......

You fly to Orlando do Bucs and Jags game and mid week do Disney/Universal/Sea World

To top it off... Sabres play at Tampa Bay during that week.

How could you possibly know that at this time?

Nice Sunny December schedule.

Most of you complain about Home games in December well now you get your wish.

Overall I like it. I like a young coaching staff starting out with 4/6 home games. Then he gets to take his show on the road to close out the season.

Oh and !@#$ the Patriots! See ya week 1, Marsha.

Yep

We have a new coaching staff, one receiver, half an OL, and no quarterback, and yet we're talking about beating the top two quarterbacks to open up the season.

If this isn't the best part of football season, I don't know what is.

Every year when the schedule comes out, everyone turns into Jake and Elwood Blues.

It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Not saying we win those games. Just saying it will serve as a barometer as to how the season will go.

Once it comes out, talk about it here.

UPDATE : http://www.nfl.com/s.../2013/REG/Bills

Sept 8 - 1PM - Pats

Sept 15 - 1PM - Panthers

Sept 22 - 4:25PM - @ Jets

Sept 29 - 1PM - Ravens

Oct 3 - 8:25PM - @ Browns (Thursday Night game)

Oct 13 - 1PM - Bengals

Oct 20 - 1PM - @ Dolphins

Oct 27 - 1PM - @ Saints

Nov 3 - 1PM - Chiefs

Nov 10 - 1PM - @ Steelers

Nov 17 - 1PM - Jets

Nov 24 - bye week

Dec 1 - 4:05PM - Falcons (Toronto)

Dec 8 - 1PM - @ Bucs

Dec 15 - 1PM - @ Jags

Dec 22 - 1PM - Dolphins

Dec 29 - 1PM -@ Pats

This is about as favorable a schedule as fans could have hoped for. 5 games at the Ralph in warmer weather. Toronto game in winter as it always should be against an NFC team no one cares about. This is good. If only the team was competitive......

Has anyone ever seen anything detailing each teams cumulative preparation day difference each year? The Bills this year, play three teams coming off a bye, and play three teams coming off of a Thursday night game so that they have 10 days to prepare instead of 3. The Bills play the Falcons after their bye, but the Falcons are one of the teams that play a Thursday night game the week before, so that's only 4 days extra to prepare for the Falcons. We have 3 extra days to prepare for the Bengals (the Browns and Bills play on the previous Thursday so there's no net gain or loss against the Browns). That's plus 7. However, we also have -21 from the three teams coming off byes, and -6 from the other two teams playing the Thursday night before they play us. That's a cumulative total of 20 extra days that our opponents get to prepare and rest up for us that we don't also have. I looked at it last year, and found a net loss there as well.

The Patriots, on the other hand, have extra days against the Bucs (+3, Thursday night game), Panthers (+7, bye) and Ravens (+1, Ravens coming off Monday night), while they have a loss against the Broncos (-1, coming off Monday night game). That's a net gain of +10. Is anyone else pissed off bye this lack of parity and blatant favoritism?

Edited by Haplo848

Week 1, at home vs the Pats!

IF (and thats a HUGE IF) we can somehow find a way to beat Pats, i think this years schedule is perfect set-up. Season opener at home, with new crew, we will have some tricks up our sleeves! Best possible scenario is having our home game vs Pats as season opener when Brady will be without Welker for 1st time... Gronk and Hernandez are both hobbled so the "usual suspects" who can carved us up twice a year wont all be there. With it being season opener, ANYTHING can happen...

Also love the fact that our week 17 match-up is in Foxboro. Good chance Pats will be playing for nothing as usual on week 17. At least if we stink it up, we wont "need" that game and if we are somehow alive and still in hunt.. good chance Brady and co. are playing for nothing and get their B squad..

Here's to optimism!!

GO BILLS!

I like how the Bills and Browns obligatory night game was stuck on the opening week of baseball's postseason.

Smart for them to put two teams that have been bad in recent years on a night where their ratings were probably going to suffer anyway.

I was flipping through channels last night and hit one of the ESPNs while they were going through teams schedules and predicting wins and losses, and I happened in at the start of them doing the pats*. For the opener they said that the Bills generally play the pats* tough when its within the first few games of the year, but predicted a pats* win (Bills leading late but making a mistake to hand the game to the pats*). But on the last game it got a bit insulting with comments like "the Bills will have been out of the playoffs for a while by this time and will have their bags packed and in their cars before kickoff", pats* win.

Agreed, except that is the holiday season, and the Community Relations dept may want some of the players in Buffalo at the charity events.

& you got to remember too they will probably be 4-9 by that point so does it really matter where they stay?

From the tone and tenor of discussion, why bother playing at all next season. Really? Every season good teams slide back while others improve. The road schedule is difficult but not impossible. Jets, Browns, Dolphins, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are games that can be won. New Orleans, New England and Pitts burgh will be difficult. I am seeing signs within the Bills that next season they will be a better team and more entertaining.

Every year people know what teams we are playing just not the dates but when the schedule comes out people are like I can't see us winning more then 2 games. We have the 7th easiest schedule in the NFL based on last seasons results & only 5 teams that we play made the playoffs last year. Does not sound too bad to me.

Every year people know what teams we are playing just not the dates but when the schedule comes out people are like I can't see us winning more then 2 games. We have the 7th easiest schedule in the NFL based on last seasons results & only 5 teams that we play made the playoffs last year. Does not sound too bad to me.

19-0.

Don't waste no time foolin' yourself otherwise. Lets plan the parade now and build the trophy case! :thumbsup: