The official 2013 Bills Schedule discussion thread

Every year people know what teams we are playing just not the dates but when the schedule comes out people are like I can't see us winning more then 2 games. We have the 7th easiest schedule in the NFL based on last seasons results & only 5 teams that we play made the playoffs last year. Does not sound too bad to me.

My favorite post from the entire thread.

I knew we had the 7th easiest schedule. Didnt know about the 5 teams stat.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we can win some games.

Draft wish

Wr round 1

Nassib round 2 (just for continuity)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, brace yourselves.

The Bills have 6 opponents this year coming off bye weeks or off Thursday night games, including one Thurs that cuts into the advantage of their bye week.

The number of opponents New England faces that are coming off their bye weeks or Thursday night games: ZERO.

LOL, brace yourselves.

The Bills have 6 opponents this year coming off bye weeks or off Thursday night games, including one Thurs that cuts into the advantage of their bye week.

The number of opponents New England faces that are coming off their bye weeks or Thursday night games: ZERO.

Ahh, but how many opponents do the Bills face that are going IN to their Thursday night games? Hmm? Hmm?

The schedule is what it is.

It will be tough, but so what. Coach Marrone should start the 'Us vs The world' attitude with his team now. Point to the schedule and how the NFL craps on them( by this i mean the Bills playing 6 opponents after byes vs the Pats 0). Use it to motivate his team to show the NFL they are for real. Could be a bonding tool?

I am going to hit N.O. I have not been there since Mardi Gras in college. With it being Halloween weekend, should be a fun time...

I posted this last fall and I stand by it:

"I know that bye weeks are a money grab for the NFL by stretching the season but how about making it fair for all 32 teams? Who needs a bye in Week 4?! Teams off in Weeks 4 -10? You really need 7 bye weeks and a weakened slate of games for nearly two months?? Here's what I would do and the league still gets its precious extra week:

- Four bye weeks starting in Week 7. This ends the useless, early season byes and gives everyone a truer "half season" bye.

- There would be two entire divisions off in each of Weeks 7, 8, 9, & 10. One AFC, one NFC to balance out the TV schedule. For example, AFC East & NFC East off in Week 7. This works with an even number of teams in each division. The league has not expanded yet so this model does apply.

- The following week, all of the bye week teams would play within their own division. For example, in Week 8 - NE* vs. BUF (since NE* always gets this, anyway), MIA vs. NYJ; DAL vs. WAS, PHI vs. NYG.

- Thursday Night games: A team would neither have to play a divisional opponent on one of these short weeks, nor would they be allowed to play another divisional opponent after having the 10 day "advantage" of participating in the previous week's Thursday game.

This would take some doing but it could be done. The league works on these schedules for months and comes up with thousands of variations before releasing the final version."

This was written in 2009, and I will try to find more recent numbers, but... since the league started the bye week, teams coming off byes won slightly less than 53% of the time, a marginal advantage, at one game out of 16-17. I'm not sure if that includes Thursday games.

Since the N.F.L. introduced bye weeks in 1990, the overall record of teams playing after them (309-276-1, 52.7 winning percentage) suggests the advantage is modest at best.