Have you ever worn Bills gear to an away game?

I've been to Denver 3X, KC 2X, Miami 2X, Seattle, San Diego and Green Bay and the thought of not wearing a Bills jersey to watch the Bills play is unfathomable (unless it's a game at the Ralph in week 16 and the Bills are their typical 5-9 and it's just downright embarrassing at that point). Anyone who wouldn't wear their Bills jersey to a road game* (I would maybe think twice about Oakland) sounds like a complete and utter girly man.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... you married a dolphins fan!?!?! WTF man?

Moving to Florida, you kind of have to remove that off the "Disqualification List".

Cool thing we did, though; at our wedding reception, the girls came out in Dolphins Jerseys and the guys came out in Bills Jerseys, both arm in arm, to the "Eye Of The Tiger" song. It was pretty cool, and nobody expected it. Both families got a real kick out of it.

The flip side of this is that I would NEVER recommend someone advising an opposing fan to wear their jersey at the Ralph. I have been to right around 200 games there and witnessed hundreds of incidents. My sister lives in Cleveland and brought some of her friends over to a game a few years back and someone through a glass beer bottle and hit the guy in the head on the walk in. The Browns fan had not said a word.

It is a little better than when I was a kid but not much. If you are attending a game with a fan of the other team I would advise them against team apparrel.

Worn Bills gear to all the games in Foxboro.. ppl are generally fine to me.. usually point and laugh

Got a few hugs from pats fans after the McKelvin fumble dibacle

I got a hug from a 20-something Ravens fan-girl walking out of the stadium after that overtime loss a few years back.

• Dodgers fans go to Arizona to watch team play Diamondbacks
  • Dodgers fans pay $3,000 apiece to sit in the ground-level suite directly behind home plate (where the fans are seen in their Dodger gear on TV on every pitch)
  • Diamondbacks owner sees this, and orders security to force the Dodgers fans to wear Diamondbacks gear

“Though the stadium was publicly funded, the Diamondbacks say they have the right to dictate what fans do and do not wear, just as teams can determine whether fans are allowed to bring signage into stadiums.”

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1316873

http://www.azcentral...heir-seats.html

That's freaking rediculous. They bought the seats, if this was not the stadium policy, the DB owner had no right to do this. What an a**.

To answer the question, I've worn Bills jerseys to Steeler games, and plan on doing so again this year. Steeler fans are generally classless (and I live in Pittsburgh) so I expect some vulgar language directed at me. When I wore one before, it was a Puz jersey, so people actually thought it was cool since he was from Pittsburgh. Perhpas I need a D. Dickerson jersey to wear this year ;)

Edited by RyanC883

I have worn my bills gear to multiple cowboys games, a game in New Orleans, in Houston, etc... I get a lot of crap from their fans. Thankfully, never a physical confrontation but almost one in New Orleans. My wife gets upset when I wear them to all these away games

I've seen Bills games in 13 opposing stadiums, wearing my colors proudly at all. The only stadiums that I've caught crap at are New England and Oakland. New England was the Monday Night game season opener that we had in hand. Oakland on multiple occasions simply because the fans are idiots. These days the red, white and blue elicit sympathy rather than disdain. You'll get the verbal jabs everywhere, but Oakland is the only place where you'll consistently get threatened physically.

I've been to Denver 3X, KC 2X, Miami 2X, Seattle, San Diego and Green Bay and the thought of not wearing a Bills jersey to watch the Bills play is unfathomable (unless it's a game at the Ralph in week 16 and the Bills are their typical 5-9 and it's just downright embarrassing at that point). Anyone who wouldn't wear their Bills jersey to a road game* (I would maybe think twice about Oakland) sounds like a complete and utter girly man.

Been to the Black Hole,( granted they were in LA at the time) in a Bills Jersey, long as u carry urself right its ok. I got alot of your brave comments. Didnt go all crazy when the Bills scored, I was cool and the people where cool around me .

When we scored they bought me beer, when they scored i did the same, gotta earn they respect in LA :)

Lots of pretty woman in the crowd that's for sure.

Edited by Bufcomments

Bills gear at a Ravens game can be a problem.

At a Redskins game the fans are such woo$es the shirt scared them.

A Bills cap in a Miami 7-11 became an issue one time. But much like the Dolphins, the offended fans collapsed early.

I have worn my bills gear to multiple cowboys games, a game in New Orleans, in Houston, etc... I get a lot of crap from their fans. Thankfully, never a physical confrontation but almost one in New Orleans. My wife gets upset when I wear them to all these away games

And that's my point. Why provoke it? Referring to it as wearing "colors" like someone did above like it's some sort of gang affiliation makes it seem to me like people who feel this way yet wear the jersey anyway are as much to blame as the !@#$s they get in a confrontation with. Just my opinion.

Wore my Kelly jersey to a game in San Fran back in 2001. Those were the GW-Rob Johnson days and the Bills lost 35-0 so it was mostly pity from anyone who made any comments.

Had Bills gear on in the Meadowlands for the Giants game a couple of seasons ago. Got a lot of verbal crap, stupid comments about Buffalo being in Canada and silly things like that. Didn't seem like that big of a deal but I did get the feeling if Fitz didn't throw that last second int and the Bills ended up kicking a FG for the win things might have gone down differently.

A couple sitting in front of us with their little kid all in Bills gear took off after the half from all the verbal junk they were getting. The drunks made some pretty rude comments and along with the swearing this enticed the husband to look back at them a couple of times which only made it worse.

I think like most people mentioned in this thread if you just roll with it and not let the talk bother you then you most likely won't have an incident. Though obviously there will always be the exceptional terrible experience that makes all the fans look bad. Sadly I agree that no opposing fan should wear anything in the Ralph no matter how laid back they are. Our fans are brutal.

I went to see the Bills play in Tampa (not the Super Bowl) several years ago proudly wearing my Bills gear. I didn't know what to expect only knowing how I've seen some away fans treated at the Ralph. It couldn't have been more different, it seemed like Bills fans outnumbered Bucs fans (some of the greatest bandwagon-jumpers of all time post SB win). The Bills fans were all rowdy, high-fiving strangers in colors, having fun and the Bucs fans were all quiet, acting very reserved and un-gamedaylike. It was a fun afternoon. I got a sunburn, the Tampa cheerleader are gorgeous and oh, wait... the Bills lost. Still better than TV haha! (especially the cheerleaders)

I've been to Minnesota, Dallas, Seattle, Arizona, San Diego 4X, San Francisco 5X and Oakland 2X. Wore my gear to all of them, and here is the breakdown.

Minnesota: Got some heckling, but mostly typical football banter. They do not like Packer fans. There were a few fans wearing green & gold jerseys and those were getting heckled far worse than I was.

Dallas: This was back in the old Texas Stadium. For the most part the Cowboys fans were ok. The Bills lost 10-6, and walking back through the parking lot afterwards was tough. I have never heard so many obnoxious comments from opposing fans ever in my life.

Seattle: Dedicated fans and very cool. No heckling at all. No tailgating which is too bad.

Arizona: Some obnoxious fans, but that was mostly from the college crowd that's doing all the partying. I saw a few fights inside the stadium during the game, but I had no problems personally.

San Diego: Chargers fans can get loud, but mostly not a problem. However the last time I was there, a couple seasons ago, I was sitting with a lot of Bills fans and several rows below us there were a couple women Chargers fans, who did not like us being there and they became very vile. Eventually security came over and removed them. I was surprised since it's usually the visiting fans that get kicked out.

San Francisco: Living in San Jose all my life I have been to many 49'ers games, my dad is a season ticket holder. So going to the Stick for the most part is a good experience. Some heckling going on, but nothing terrible. Had one bad experience with some drunk college kids, but for the most part the experience there was great.

Oakland: Been to two games at the Coliseum and wore my full gear, including my hard hat and brought my helmet too. Never had a problem. Ok, I got peanut shells thrown at me once, but that's the worst of it. Got some heckling, but nothing serious. There were a lot of Raiders fans I talked to that just wanted to talk about football, and they were impressed by our tailgate crowds.

When I go to a football game, I go to watch football. I do not go there to get drunk, I don't drink alcohol anyway, I do not go there to get in other fans' faces or any stuff like that. I go to have a fun time, not to spend the night in jail.

I live in Va now and my son and I went to a Redskins game in DC and we were delighted to be sitting next to another Bills fan, who had a blue Mohawk and had his head and face painted up. I had my Lynch jersey and my son was wearing his Whitner jersey. We got harrassed a little at the end of the game when the Bills came back and won in OT. Loved it. :thumbsup:

Moving to Florida, you kind of have to remove that off the "Disqualification List".

Cool thing we did, though; at our wedding reception, the girls came out in Dolphins Jerseys and the guys came out in Bills Jerseys, both arm in arm, to the "Eye Of The Tiger" song. It was pretty cool, and nobody expected it. Both families got a real kick out of it.

Ok thats actually pretty cool

I've worn my Bills gear to games in Pittsburgh, Dallas, Washington, Miami and Carolina. I got the worst of it at the Pittsburgh game, it was Jim Kelly's last year and on Monday night football, the Bills got smoked and the Stiller fans never let up. The Dallas fans were ok for the most part and the Bills lost 10-6. For the Redskins game we sat in the club seats so people left us alone during the game, but after the game when Lindell hit the game winning kick, my friend and I simply high fived, never got in anyone's face and were just celebrating the win. Well we were !@#$s after that to many who were sitting around us, they really tore into us. The fish game I was fine even though the Bills lost. For the Carolina game it seemed like Bills fans outnumbered the Panther fans so I had no problems at all.