Have you ever worn Bills gear to an away game?

I went to a Bills/Cowboys game in Dallas about 10 years ago and was berated and had stuff thrown at me and I was 12 years old. Cowboys fans are the WORST! On the other hand, seemingly every time I wore Bills gear around Dallas I would have pleasant conversations with Bills fans who were complete strangers. When you're stuck in some lame city like Dallas and surrounded by obnoxious fans of other teams, its so great to see someone recognize what you're wearing, shout out "Go Bills!" and get a big high five.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Bills games in 13 opposing stadiums, wearing my colors proudly at all. The only stadiums that I've caught crap at are New England and Oakland. New England was the Monday Night game season opener that we had in hand. Oakland on multiple occasions simply because the fans are idiots. These days the red, white and blue elicit sympathy rather than disdain. You'll get the verbal jabs everywhere, but Oakland is the only place where you'll consistently get threatened physically.

Yeah, got that down here in Houston this year. Really kinda depressing. I'd almost rather have them be angry at me. Lol.

Yes.

Seattle in 2004. Bills opened up a big can of whoop A$$ on 'em. It was great. Was sitting with a bunch of Bills fans. Blue Dreadslow's parents were a few rows up from us. Was really looking forward to this year when the Bills should have been here, but couldn't because players are too wimpy to travel cross country twice in one season. To he|| with the fans with DFS I guess.

New Orleans in 1998 I think it was. Last game of the season. Iron Mike as coach. Rob Johnson played to let Flutie rest for playoffs. Bills won handily.

Houston in 2002 I think it was. Blue Dreadslow led a late game comeback. Lady behind us who was gloating whole game as Texans were winning got nasty when the Bills took the lead.

I think that's it.

So you and your fellow Bills fans were being apparently very obnoxious, but the Falcon fans who were not were the dumbasses.

This thread has opened my eyes a lot.

We were just being loud, cheering for our team. You know, like sports fans sometimes do. Falcons fans might as well have been sitting shiva. Have you been to that stadium? It's like watching a game in a shopping mall under eerie fluorescent lighting. I guess they just can't get it up for anything other than an SEC game down there.