Explosions at the boston marathon

FWIW

Myles N. Miller@mylesnmiller 1h

CBS' John Miller says these men identified by the NYPost are not the two suspects law enforcement seek. pic.twitter.com/K5C5jpOGKq

Also local reports are saying that they now have two separate videos of the drops, one the aforementioned Lord & Taylor video of the first suspect reported yesterday and a 2nd now of the drop at the first explosion and both will be released today.

I'm not sure if its funny or sad that it running in the post made me question it most.

i hope they sue the hell out of the post if it turns out law enforcement were never looking for them. we will see.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://deadspin.com/the-boston-bombing-witch-hunt-bags-another-innocent-kid-476001019

deadspin giving the post a hard time (justifiably) - amazing they would run with the photo as a cover if they didnt have a real source. poor kid if he is a victim of the post reading message board chatter as their sourcing... can you imagine waking up to THAT.... but fox certainly described these two last night, and cnn did as well.

as eric mentioned there was the other description floating around (which now seems to be the "accepted" one for today) but i heard a couple guys slip stuff into reports that wouldve made it very hard to not be talking about these two.

Edited by NoSaint

http://deadspin.com/...t-kid-476001019

deadspin giving the post a hard time (justifiably) - amazing they would run with the photo as a cover if they didnt have a real source. poor kid if he is a victim of the post reading message board chatter as their sourcing... can you imagine waking up to THAT.... but fox certainly described these two last night, and cnn did as well.

as eric mentioned there was the other description floating around (which now seems to be the "accepted" one for today) but i heard a couple guys slip stuff into reports that wouldve made it very hard to not be talking about these two.

I think there's a big difference between describing the guys without actually showing the pic and the slapping the pic on the front page of the paper.

I think there's a big difference between describing the guys without actually showing the pic and the slapping the pic on the front page of the paper.

oh, i definitely agree that the gap is huuuuuge. i was just noting they all mightve been getting similar information on these two at one point, and the Post was the only one dumb enough to actually run the photos, as opposed to the possibility that NY Post was just going totally rogue thinking these two were related.

I was wondering why they actually decided to run that picture. It is pretty clear that the backpack doesn't match the picture of the blown up one that we've seen plenty of times now. And now to hear that these are high school kids on top of it all? Great job Post.

Agreed. At least give enough time for people to grieve. I'm all for trying to find silver linings but this seems to be a little crass.

This is the second "article" from the Onion I've seen, and I think they are joking around to soon.

I don't think the Onion is joking around, I think they are rightly calling out the mainstream media idiots who act like joe the five pack. I think it's a lot more crass for a supposedly respectable news organization to falsely annouce an arrest that hasn't happened.

I don't think the Onion is joking around, I think they are rightly calling out the mainstream media idiots who act like joe the five pack. I think it's a lot more crass for a supposedly respectable news organization to falsely annouce an arrest that hasn't happened.

ill agree - they arent mocking the event they are mocking the TERRIBLE and OFFENSIVE coverage going on after the fact.

ill agree - they arent mocking the event they are mocking the TERRIBLE and OFFENSIVE coverage going on after the fact.

Cue act 4: the media reporting on the media's role in the story.

When that's done, story's over.

Cue act 4: the media reporting on the media's role in the story.

When that's done, story's over.

The Onion is the media??? LOL

KD and No Saint are right and I was going to respond to those criticizing them up above after I finished reading all the posts.

They did this in response to CNN yesterday making fools out of themselves (and me for telling people) that there was an arrest made. An arrest of a dark skinned man. He'll be at the courthouse............Next thing you know a real life bomb scare at the courthouse.

The Onion saying it turns out this guy we shot is a teacher, oh sorry we thought he was the Marathon bomber.........At the end, again we're sorry.

That is sarcasm! Busting on the crappy media. They were busting all over the NY Post for their crappy reporting on Monday - 12 dead!

That's not what Tom was saying. The media creating stories about itself is all the rage these days so you can be sure there will be lots of media LAMP stories in the coming days/weeks after they've run out of bloody pictures to show and 'heroes' to interview.

Speaking of bad journalism - apparently the NY Daily News ran a photo of an injured woman being tended to just after the blast, but altered the photo to make an open wound in her leg look like her pants (I'm using links not the real images here in case you don't want to see an open wound):

Actual image

Doctored Version

I know almost every outlet cropped out the full shot of dude in the wheel chair whose feet had both been blown away, but that's different I think.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

KD and No Saint are right and I was going to respond to those criticizing them up above after I finished reading all the posts.

They did this in response to CNN yesterday making fools out of themselves (and me for telling people) that there was an arrest made. An arrest of a dark skinned man. He'll be at the courthouse............Next thing you know a real life bomb scare at the courthouse.

The Onion saying it turns out this guy we shot is a teacher, oh sorry we thought he was the Marathon bomber.........At the end, again we're sorry.

That is sarcasm! Busting on the crappy media. They were busting all over the NY Post for their crappy reporting on Monday - 12 dead!

No, I'm referring to the life-cycle of a "Breaking News" story.

Stage 1: News break.

Stage 2: No new news, talk old news to death.

Stage 3: Issue retractions and corrections for stupid **** said in stage 2.

Stage 4: Talk about the media's role in the story, prompted by Stage 3.

The Onion's not the media...but we're well into Stage 3, and the Onion's satire of CNN's idiotic bloviating should trigger Stage 4. And after about 48 hours of Stage 4, the story's over (except for a handful of lunatics who keep trying to relate it to gun control, or argue that Iraq was a good idea because of all the advancements in prosthetic limbs that now benefit the victims).

That's not what Tom was saying. The media creating stories about itself is all the rage these days so you can be sure there will be lots of media LAMP stories in the coming days/weeks after they've run out of bloody pictures to show and 'heroes' to interview.

Rest assured, they will have various journalism professors and psychologists on their "panel discussions" to demonstrate how this shoddy reporting is justified during a time of crisis...they will give themselves a pardon...or they'll blame it on their "source" (which is really nothing more than the guy in the next cubicle who gave an opinion)

Speaking of bad journalism - apparently the NY Daily News ran a photo of an injured woman being tended to just after the blast, but altered the photo to make an open wound in her leg look like her pants (I'm using links not the real images here in case you don't want to see an open wound):

Actual image

Doctored Version

I know almost every outlet cropped out the full shot of dude in the wheel chair whose feet had both been blown away, but that's different I think.

Desensationalized sensationalism. Unbelievable.

Rest assured, they will have various journalism professors and psychologists on their "panel discussions" to demonstrate how this shoddy reporting is justified during a time of crisis...they will give themselves a pardon...or they'll blame it on their "source" (which is really nothing more than the guy in the next cubicle who gave an opinion)

My sources say you're wrong.

Not sure if this was posted yet but here's more craziness to this whole story:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/18/report-saudi-national-ruled-out-as-suspect-in-boston-marathon-bombings-to-be-deported-on-national-security-grounds-next-week/

With how bad media and reporters have been, I just don't know what to believe anymore. That said President Obama's "non-meeting" with a Saudi official yesterday raises even more questions.

Not sure if this was posted yet but here's more craziness to this whole story:

http://www.theblaze....unds-next-week/

With how bad media and reporters have been, I just don't know what to believe anymore. That said President Obama's "non-meeting" with a Saudi official yesterday raises even more questions.

I read to here:

"On Sean Hannity’s"