Vikings release Antoine Winfield, Signs with the Seahawks.

He would def be an upgrade in the slot over Rogers or Florence for a year or two . Id luv him back ..

He'd be an upgrade over every CB the Bills have on the roster. Granted, the question is how much more does he have in the tank?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I Think we need some Veteran Leadership, and this dude can play still. Letting him and Big Pat walk set us back a couple Years. I mean you just let Pro Bowlers in there prime walk? Not to mention they are great Pros. I know he is older but he played great last year, we should bring him in for a nickle role, like Trufant with the Seahawks.

What do you think?

Winfield had a very productive year last year...but honestly, at his age, he is more likely not to have that kind of production again. It would appear from the free agency activity the Bills have been involved with so far, they are not going to pay anyone more than they think their value to the team would be. Winfield will likely get a decent salary from the Redskins, or whoever...he just isn't the type of guy the Bills are targeting in free agency, and it makes some sense. The Bils are not a great team, looking to add some insurance...they have a ton of holes to fill, and likely will, for another year or two (being optimistic)...bigger picture, other than vetran leadership, Winfield wouldn't really help them out this year...

Also, as I recall, Antoine, a great player and a great pick by the Bills, was never really all that enthralled with living in Buffalo. I don't think he would even be interested. Only way he would entertain the idea of coming back to Buffalo, IMO, would be to drive up his price for another team that wants him.

Edited by Buftex

Hell, being one of the best tacklers in the league, I'd consider him added on at cornerback or safety, especially given his leadership. He's a team player

Given his experience and tackling ability, I am surprised that he hasn't been moved to safety to try and extend his career. I suspect that it's because of his size but he deserves a shot there IMO, just not with the Bills however who need young guys that they can develop and then let walk when they hit their primes.

Edited by vincec

Antoine still rates better than anyone we have had for years. I agree with some of you and have a great respect for the man and his play.

Although i feel we could use veteran leadership and i truly feel he can man the oustide still , i just cant see him getting invited much less wanting to join a team that may not even make it to the playoffs this year.

wish him well though.

shoulda kept him

Given his experience and tackling ability, I am surprised that he hasn't been moved to safety to try and extend his career. I suspect that it's because of his size but he deserves a shot there IMO, just not with the Bills however who need young guys that they can develop and then let walk when they hit their primes.

The Vikings still love Winfield, they just don't want to pay him. They are rumored to want him back at a cheaper price.

Probably the reason he hasn't been moved to safety is because he's still an excellent cornerback.

To the larger subject and since it hasn't been mentioned recently, top players don't usually want to finish their careers with rebuilding teams unless they are overpaid to do so.

guys he graded out as the top CB in the league last year. Methinks that Rick Spielman is an idiot for cutting him.

That all said, we are in rebuild mode, get youngings their playing time, and save Ralph his money.

Sometimes young players need vets to teach them how its done, if a younger player is clearly better then he will play, if not he can watch and learn. Sign Winfield, he could match up against any slot WR and teach the likes of Williams, Gilmore, McKelvin et cetera...won't hurt.

The Vikings still love Winfield, they just don't want to pay him. They are rumored to want him back at a cheaper price.

Probably the reason he hasn't been moved to safety is because he's still an excellent cornerback.

To the larger subject and since it hasn't been mentioned recently, top players don't usually want to finish their careers with rebuilding teams unless they are overpaid to do so.

ahem

much less wanting to join a team that may not even make it to the playoffs this year

Edited by 3rdand12