Stadium update - no, not the Bills

The way things are headed as far as stadiums is ridiculous... It's making it so the average fan has a hard time going to see his or her favorite team... Perfect example for you.... I live about 2 hours from Dallas and everyone knows about their bright shiny new stadium, the sad thing is... When Buffalo played in Dallas this last time I checked into tickets, I found that I could fly round trip to buffalo out of DFW, get better seats at the Ralph, and still end up paying less than if I just went to the game in Dallas... Yes this is Jerry Jones we're talking about here, but it's only beginning

So pardon me if I say screw the fancy seat and 100yrd bar... What good is it when you can't afford the ticket

Edited by TX BillsFan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're already replacing the Georgia Dome? :blink:

This country has lost its !@#$ing mind.

The Georgia Dome is seriously outdated. It lacks the luxury box seating that tickles your gonads while watching the game. How do you expect an NFL team to operate without that?

PTR

• 3 weeks later...

NFL owners approve giving $200 Million funding for the stadium...

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/nfl-owners-approve-200m-in-falcons-stadium-funding/nXx6s/

BOSTON — NFL owners this morning voted to provide the Falcons with $200 million in league funding toward the new retractable-roof stadium slated to open in Atlanta in 2017. The money will come from the league’s “G-4” program, which supports stadium construction and renovation around the league. Most of the funds are to be paid back from the league’s share of revenue generated in the new stadium.

Per Jim Rome show today. It will have seats that vibrate when there is a BIG HIT on the field. REALLY? Also a 100 Yard Bar!

Wow, that's probably the stupid idea in recorded human history.

But a 100 yard bar would be pretty cool.

The Georgia Dome is seriously outdated. It lacks the luxury box seating that tickles your gonads while watching the game. How do you expect an NFL team to operate without that?

PTR. Been to san diego, now that is outdated

Edited by roush

You know what is frustrating...we cannot even get anyone to sink money in to Kodak in WNY...who's going to sink money in to the Bills? Both have not been relevant in 20 years...

Relevant, no but at least the bills actually still have an impact on the local economy.

if only the taxpayers knew how much of thier money was wasted in iraq.......then they wouldnt care about a stadium being funded with thier money.....least its not funding thousands of deaths for no reason but then again i dont pay taxes as a 100% disabled vet i paid mine from 2006-2008 serving with the 1st cav division....google tarmiyah iraq..youll see

Edited by n3wyork13

if only the taxpayers knew how much of thier money was wasted in iraq.......then they wouldnt care about a stadium being funded with thier money.....least its not funding thousands of deaths for no reason but then again i dont pay taxes as a 100% disabled vet i paid mine from 2006-2008 serving with the 1st cav division....google tarmiyah iraq..youll see

thank you for your service brother.

If also like to point out the money that is spent in NYS on convicted felons in the prison system. Just a small sample from my old jail. Of 450+ inmates, probably 200+ were on some serious mental health meds. I wanna say that each month the $$ amount spent was in the millions. Probably the smallest Max Prison in the state. And there are 60 other jails in the state just as big or bigger. Attica for example has 2,200+ inmates. If 200+ inmates cost millions each month, imagine what a jail with 2,200 inmates racks up.

Guess who pays for these guys to stay alive?

Just what Atlanta needs a new stadium, they are the worst city for fan support of any major market sports town. This is a town that had trouble selling out Braves games in the World series. Unfortunately we would never see one, we go brave the cold year in year out and for what the last 13 years. Hoping for a turnaround can't take to many more years with out playoffs.

The Falcons have been a bad franchise for years. they did not have back to back winning seasons till just recently.

Atlanta is also a huge transplant city,

The Falcons became a franchise in 1965.

Give the Falcons another 10 years or so and i think you will see a very loyal fan base just like some of the older teams.

The new stadium isn't about the Dome being outdated, etc. The state of Georgia controls a good bit of the revenue on beer sales, etc in the Dome, and building a new stadium allows Blank to tap into those revenue streams, not unlike his peers already do. Also, the tax payer money being contributed to the new stadium comes from a hotel tax, so it all comes from people who travel to Atlanta to stay in their hotels, not from local tax payers. And by law, these funds can only be spend on projects that will grow tourism,etc so it's not as if these funds could be used for other things.

• 4 weeks later...

New Stadium Project Moves to Next Stages

The Atlanta Falcons announced today the completion of a conceptual design of the new Atlanta stadium and plans to immediately move into the schematic design phase of the project. These actions follow conceptual design approval today by the Georgia World Congress Center Board of Governors, as required by the new stadium memorandum of understanding.

Conceptual design renderings can be viewed on www.newatlantastadium.com.

thank you for your service brother.

If also like to point out the money that is spent in NYS on convicted felons in the prison system. Just a small sample from my old jail. Of 450+ inmates, probably 200+ were on some serious mental health meds. I wanna say that each month the $$ amount spent was in the millions. Probably the smallest Max Prison in the state. And there are 60 other jails in the state just as big or bigger. Attica for example has 2,200+ inmates. If 200+ inmates cost millions each month, imagine what a jail with 2,200 inmates racks up.

Guess who pays for these guys to stay alive?

Shawangunk Day Care.

Atlanta knows if you want to host a Superbowl you need a new stadium.

It is one of the reasons. I was in the Georgia Dome this past weekend. There is nothing wrong with that building. I have another theory. The league and owners want you on the building spending money. They don't want you in the parking lot eating and drinking. So all these new stadiums have restaurants and bars. I'm surprised they don't have amusement parks.

Sure we all want vibrating seats, gigantic jumbotrons and climate controlled environments, but that's just not football. Give me some dirt lots and a cement jungle any day of the week. The Ralph is one of the final bastions of real football left in the league. Enjoy the next seven years, folks. Before you know it, we'll be eating sushi and drinking chilled chardonnay in stadiums where drinking games- even those played with water- (Arizona I'm looking at you) are banned in the parking lots.