Falcons release Tyson Clabo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of pressure on the fins to win NOW.

Otherwise, with all the money they thrown around, they'll be in cap hell for a number of years to come...

The money isn't the issue, they had a ton of it to go around. They were very well positioned to take advantage of a buyers market. That could have been the Bills if Buddy/Chan had addressed their QB situation in prior drafts. The Dolphins believe they have their franchise QB on the cheap for 4 more years just like SF and Seattle do.......so there is no huge QB contract weighing down their cap. They overpaid for Wallace but otherwise not a lot of big contracts.

The concern with Miami is team chemistry. Hopefully it undermines what they are doing in terms of personnel upgrades.

The concern with Miami is team chemistry. Hopefully it undermines what they are doing in terms of personnel upgrades.

Actually, the concern with Miami is Tannehill. They're betting rather big he's the one who can get them deep into the playoffs. If they're wrong, then it really doesn't matter who they sign during FA.

The money isn't the issue, they had a ton of it to go around. They were very well positioned to take advantage of a buyers market. That could have been the Bills if Buddy/Chan had addressed their QB situation in prior drafts. The Dolphins believe they have their franchise QB on the cheap for 4 more years just like SF and Seattle do.......so there is no huge QB contract weighing down their cap. They overpaid for Wallace but otherwise not a lot of big contracts.

Incorrect, to a degree. The contracts all hit next year MUCH harder than this year. I want to say after they signed their first 4-5 guys it came out that the combined cap hit was only like 15m this year and escalated to 45m in year 2.

They are potentially setting up to be in a situation like the jets down the road.

If you check you might find that you're very wrong about this.

:D

you say tomato i say tomato.

I stand uncorrected :lol:

Another guy Bills fans were clamoring for at the same time was Cowboys tackle Doug Free.

Clabo signed for 5 years and $25 million three days after Free signed for 4 years and $32 million. Both have underperformed their contracts.

I was in the large group of people beating the drum for Clabo. That same offseason many of us (again myself included) were hoping the Bills would target TEs Zach Miller and Kevin Boss.

All of those players got career contracts just as they were hitting the downsides of their careers.

I could see him re-signing with Atlanta too.

Last year lots of us wanted WRs Pierre Garcon and/or Laurent Robinson. Seems like we're in that large group of people that aren't that great at identifying good free agent targets.

That's good because he's never played LT.

Chas.

!@#$ Chas.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

edit: If Zach Miller can get healthy, he could return to being a Pro Bowl performer. As far as Doug Free, there are rumors that the Cowboys will release him if they can get his replacement in the draft.

I appreciate the humility and, yeah, sometimes OBD actually knows their business better than we fans.

Interesting they didnt try to shop him...If Seattle can get a seventh round pick for Travaris certainly Clabo can generate some kind of value regardless of his contract.

Clabo was untradeable because his contract was untradeable. He was just entering the second year of that 5 year $25 million contract mentioned upthread.

Even as a free agent unencumbered by a big contract he lingered on the open market for a long time.

you say tomato i say tomato.

I stand uncorrected :lol:

You are correct sir!

I appreciate the humility and, yeah, sometimes OBD actually knows their business better than we fans.

I have much to be humble about…. also I'm thinking the new regime will know their business better than the last regime.

Team X is a superbowl contender that means Bills fans say sign him immediately. Again I ask, why would we want a player that a team that is a superbowl contender and needs all the talent they can to get to and win a superbowl dump this guy?

It just boggles my mind. If he were worth a damn then X team wouldn't be cutting him.

I'm not saying go sign Clabo. Gouge was when he got paid by Atl folks thought he got soft.

I am saying your logic leaves out little factors like salary cap and free agency. Team X has only so many slices of pie. Because they're a Superbowl contender, they have many players who have market value as FA and who argue Team X should give them a larger slice of the pie. Team X has to make hard decisions about who gets what slice. Those hard decisions are likely to be driven as much by the team's depth at a position and the highest salaries, as they are by the quality of the player who gets shut out of the pie.

He honestly was not the type of signing we are seeing out of the bills anymore......look at all the FA's we have brought in.....young guys with some years left in their primes not older guys that are past their primes getting that last big paycheck.

I think the bills know full well they have some OTs that can play OG on this team.....and they are going with the young movement because younger players don't get hurt as much.

He honestly was not the type of signing we are seeing out of the bills anymore......look at all the FA's we have brought in.....young guys with some years left in their primes not older guys that are past their primes getting that last big paycheck.

I think the bills know full well they have some OTs that can play OG on this team.....and they are going with the young movement because younger players don't get hurt as much.

Well John we haven't proven that out yet. But i remain hopeful

https://twitter.com/...803176595374080

The #Falcons are going to release starting RT Tyson Clabo, according to his agent, Chad Speck.

This one interests me because, first, RT is a need for the Bills, and second, we know they courted Clabo in the past. I would like to see this happen if he comes cheap.

I remember when we really wanted him, I think they would still take him . . . can he play left guard? Or, can one of the current RTs move over the LG?