Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Unlike Barkley 11tds and 1 int in 2 games against Marrone.

Not impressed with Barkley beating up on a Big East team like Syracuse. What happened with Barkley against Stanford?

Matt Barkley had 0 TDs and USC scored 14 points vs Stanford.

Matt Scott had 3 TDs and Arizona scored 48 points vs Stanford.

I think Matt Barkley is liked by everybody but NFL teams. IMO, the guy has bust written all over him.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not impressed with Barkley beating up on a Big East team like Syracuse. What happened with Barkley against Stanford?

I think Matt Barkley is liked by everybody but NFL teams. IMO, the guy has bust written all over him.

In Barkley's defense he was punished in that Stanford game. The USC O-Line was terrible...

One single game vs. a like opponent does not make Scott>Barkley...How did Scott do vs. Oregon this past year? B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

The reviews on Nassib are all over the place. Some guys have him as the 4th or 5th best in this draft and then Cosell has him #1. I don't think anyone knows what they are talking about

:thumbsup: Hate to repeat it, but it's a rough year for any team trying to land a franchise QB. -I'm not crazy about ANY of these kids.

But If I have to pick, I can narrow it down to the two best.(slated for round 1) -EJ Manuel, and Tyler Wilson. I wouldn't be ecstatic, but I wouldn't HATE either of those 2 at 8.

:thumbsup: Hate to repeat it, but it's a rough year for any team trying to land a franchise QB. -I'm not crazy about ANY of these kids.

Thats why my strategy is going to be - pass on a 1st round QB, regardless of who is there.

My thinking is, all the QB needy teams, suck at scouting QBs. The Jets, the Cards, the Raiders, Jax, they can't tell the next Manning from the next Sanchez (just like us!).

So, my thinking is, because all of those teams pick before us in teh 2nd round - let them make the first mistake! Let them draft all the QBs that are going to end up sucking, and that will leave us with the 'scraps' that are left over - which ironically will be the best QB in the draft1

Its so backwards and crazy, it just might work! Heck, its DESTINED to work!!!!

Edited by peterpan

It's a testament to our hunger for a QB as Bills' fans that this thread has reached 50 pages on a kid that will probably play for the Jaguars.

I think it's just a testament to the interest in this particular scenario, one that is fairly polarizing. The Zac Dysert thread isn't 50 pages long for good reason, even though he may be as likely a pick for the Bills as Nassib, for all we know. Lots of reasons to be both interested in and wary of Nassib given the new regime.

to be fair and add some fire to the nassib camp..........there are more than a few sites listing him as #1 material now.......not sure if it's just "gabbert hype" that comes around this time of year or not.

im still all in on Geno and feel he will be the next big thing..............but the Nassib backers have some ammo now.

to be fair and add some fire to the nassib camp..........there are more than a few sites listing him as #1 material now.......not sure if it's just "gabbert hype" that comes around this time of year or not.

im still all in on Geno and feel he will be the next big thing..............but the Nassib backers have some ammo now.

It's all pretty funny since zero has changed in terms of his abilities or production through the offseason. The kid could be good, but beware the good vibes that agents and rival GMs like to send out this time of year. There is gamesmanship all around in a very high-stakes game.

He looks solid, good arm, smart, tough and makes good reads. Certainly has his flaws with the deep ball and sometimes under pressure seems to develop happy feet, but of course all these QB's have their flaws, hopefully for his sake, he corrects those issues.

Having said that, I believe Geno is the best of the group and I'm now leaning more towards Manuel as my #2 Qb in this years draft, followed by Nassib then Barkley.

It's all pretty funny since zero has changed in terms of his abilities or production through the offseason.

The offseason gives people a chance to watch all of his, and the 500ish other players, tapes.

They haven't played any games since Dec/Jan but people are still watching their games on tape.

thats where the change comes from.

I will say this. PFW is regarded as one of the most credible and accurate, if not the most, source on pro football. That's what they do and they've done it at a high level for decades.

When their consensus selected their top qb coming out of college, they could have selected Geno, Glennon, Barkley, or Manual. But, they didn't. The selected Nassib. That counts fpr something.

Another thing, from links posted on the wall, there are at least two publications that have Nassib as the best player in this draft, regardless of position. I am not aware of any such publication that that makes the same assessment of any of the other four qbs.

I have a theory that these pundits/scouts... whatever, are looking beyond the physical/measureable skillset of the qb and must be able to see another dimension... football intelligence, quickness of reads/info processing, reaction time from read to release, overall ability to read defensive alignments and process quickly, command in the huddle and of an offense. I don't know what it is... fire, heart, toughnes? Maybe it is the numbers the kid put up with easily the least support around him than the others had... and no speed guy or offenive guy with ability to gain YAC. But, whatever it is, they see something that a lot of people don't.

Locker and Tannehill were both selected at #8 in the last two drafts. Nassib's senior stats blow their senior stats away. So,if those two were viable at #8... just based on that, Nassib is certainly worthy selection at #8.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

I can cherry pick too. Look

Barkley vs. Oregon : 26/34 / 323 yards / 4TDs 1INT / 38 points scored

Scott vs. Oregon : 22/44 / 210 yards / 0TDs 3 INT/ 0 points scored

You have the worst arguments ever.

Edited by Bangarang

I can cherry pick too. Look

Barkley vs. Oregon : 26/34 / 323 yards / 4TDs 1INT / 38 points scored

Scott vs. Oregon : 22/44 / 210 yards / 0TDs 3 INT/ 0 points scored

You have the worst arguments ever.

I believe as the kids would say

1billsfan got PWND!

Edited by Magox

I will say this. PFW is regarded as one of the most credible and accurate, if not the most, source on pro football. That's what they do and they've done it at a high level for decades.

When their consensus selected their top qb coming out of college, they could have selected Geno, Glennon, Barkley, or Manual. But, they didn't. The selected Nassib. That counts fpr something.

Another thing, from links posted on the wall, there are at least two publications that have Nassib as the best player in this draft, regardless of position. I am not aware of any such publication that that makes the same assessment of any of the other four qbs.

I have a theory that these pundits/scouts... whatever, are looking beyond the physical/measureable skillset of the qb and must be able to see another dimension... football intelligence, quickness of reads/info processing, reaction time from read to release, overall ability to read defensive alignments and process quickly, command in the huddle and of an offense. I don't know what it is... fire, heart, toughnes? Maybe it is the numbers the kid put up with easily the least support around him than the others had... and no speed guy or offenive guy with ability to gain YAC. But, whatever it is, they see something that a lot of people don't.

Locker and Tannehill were both selected at #8 in the last two drafts. Nassib's senior stats blow their senior stats away. So,if those two were viable at #8... just based on that, Nassib is certainly worthy selection at #8.

PFW used to be in the top few, but they fell off drastically when the main man JB unfortunately passed away. Yes, it's what they do but they don't do it nearly as well, IMO.

As to your examples, Locker was regarded so high because of his earlier seasons and the fact he was on an incredibly inept team as a senior. Tannehill so high because of his pure talent and potential, as he only played QB less than two years (although came into school as a QB). IMO, Tannehill may have been the top choice, over Geno, if he were in this draft.

IMO, if the Nassib's college coach feels strong enough about his ability to select him at #8, I'm cool with that.

When we talk about QBs these days it seems more about reaching and determining what round they should go in.

The only thing we should care about is whether they can make this franchise relevant and winning. If that's the case then it doesn't matter if you reach and take them at 8 when others think they should go in round 2 or 3.

I'd much rather take a chance and get the guy they want at 8, or trade up, then play it safe and hope for the best.

PFW used to be in the top few, but they fell off drastically when the main man JB unfortunately passed away. Yes, it's what they do but they don't do it nearly as well, IMO.

As to your examples, Locker was regarded so high because of his earlier seasons and the fact he was on an incredibly inept team as a senior. Tannehill so high because of his pure talent and potential, as he only played QB less than two years (although came into school as a QB). IMO, Tannehill may have been the top choice, over Geno, if he were in this draft.

This would bely the numbers. Based on Junior/Senior numbers, Locker never achieved better than 58.2 % completion rate, avg. yd per completion of 7.1 and a rating of 129.7 (junior year). His Senior stats were worse...55.4% , 6.8, and 124.2. Yet he was selected #8 overall. In contrast, just the senior years, Tannehill - 61.6%, 7.1, and 133.2 (139.7 junior year).... Nassib 62.4, 8.0, and 143.3 (129.9).

As you can see, by the numbers, Nassib rates out higher in all three categories.... clearly. For a number #8 selection, Locker's numbers were, quite frankly, pitiful. He regressed in his senior year. Tannehill, although he was only a starter for a year and a half, regressed in his senior year and, even though he only started for a year and a half was selected #8 overall. In contrast, Nassib clearly "progressed" in his senior year, by a lot, yet somehow that is not factored in to many folks thinking.

I think a bias exists on Nassib because he came out of the Syracuse program, not a glamour program like the other two did. Nor does he have the "perceived gigundo arm, nor meet the 6'4" sexy height requirement, high athletic ability standard, or a 40 yd. speed numbers. Hmmmm. But, clearly he outperformed the other two, and did so with considerably less talent around him than the other two did. There is a reason for that, and perhaps that is very simple... he's better.

When we talk about QBs these days it seems more about reaching and determining what round they should go in.

The only thing we should care about is whether they can make this franchise relevant and winning. If that's the case then it doesn't matter if you reach and take them at 8 when others think they should go in round 2 or 3.

I'd much rather take a chance and get the guy they want at 8, or trade up, then play it safe and hope for the best.

This is all anyone should care about. If there is a QB they really like and they think there is .0001% chance he is not there in the 2nd, take him at 8 (whoever it is)