Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

I'm sure this thread will get moved, but I'll bite....

If he is their guy, then take him at 8. No one will care where he went as long as he pans out. If they don't take him at all, then we know for a fact he wasn't right for us if his own coach didn't want him.

Beyond that, everyone seems to agree that there is a large cluster of average talent with QB's this year. There isn't one guy who really stands out over another. Every single break down I read comes with some form of disclaimer with it. With that, if they are all in that tier, then just take your guy.

Also, for those who are against him, I would challenge you to show something about why you wouldn't take him. Everyone keeps showing clips of what people can do. Well show me what he can't that another draft pick can. I haven't see that yet. For me. He beat Geno heads up. He played with Barkley, and I'm tired of hearing about Glennon's WR's dropping passes. He also played in the ACC, so who did he really play against?

It's all really a wash to me but I do know this. We need a QB. I am going to trust Marrone. I like the idea of Nassib already knowing the system. I don't care if we get the greatest position player of all time at 8, it means nothing if we don't upgrade our QB.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem taking Ryan Nassib with the 8th overall pick

There...I said it

- To many people are getting caught up over the fact that he played at Syracuse

- To many people are getting caught up with the fact that Marrone is now the HC

Ryan Nassib was a good QB BEFORE we ever knew that Morrone was going to be our HC. Why should it matter? It seems to me that we are now looking for reasons to NOT draft Ryan Nassib to this I say WHY

- Accurate

- Strong arm

- Smart

And probably not talked about much but is probably the MOST important thing.....Ryan Nassib is IMPROVING......he got better every year and looks like he has celing to continue to get better.

Also....as a fan I am NOT tied into Ryan Nassib.......Gino Smith would do nicely I will tell you what I am tied into. GETTING A QUARTERBACK.......lets stop making excuses on why NOT to draft one....a high pick needs to go on a qb this year

The problem with saying you are gonna take a position in the 2nd round is there can be an unexpected run on that position and you dont get the guy (or a guy out of the group of guys) that you wanted. Since we dont have the answer on the roster right now.....that would be a very bad thing.

well said John

I have no problem taking Ryan Nassib with the 8th overall pick

There...I said it

- To many people are getting caught up over the fact that he played at Syracuse

- To many people are getting caught up with the fact that Marrone is now the HC

Ryan Nassib was a good QB BEFORE we ever knew that Morrone was going to be our HC. Why should it matter? It seems to me that we are now looking for reasons to NOT draft Ryan Nassib to this I say WHY

- Accurate

- Strong arm

- Smart

And probably not talked about much but is probably the MOST important thing.....Ryan Nassib is IMPROVING......he got better every year and looks like he has celing to continue to get better.

Also....as a fan I am NOT tied into Ryan Nassib.......Gino Smith would do nicely I will tell you what I am tied into. GETTING A QUARTERBACK.......lets stop making excuses on why NOT to draft one....a high pick needs to go on a qb this year

The problem with saying you are gonna take a position in the 2nd round is there can be an unexpected run on that position and you dont get the guy (or a guy out of the group of guys) that you wanted. Since we dont have the answer on the roster right now.....that would be a very bad thing.

Totally agree...

I'd love to get Smith somehow...But if not I'm going to be OK with a lot of these kids, Nassib included...It's all about how The Bills utilize them and Coach them up...

We need a QB...In fact, we need two...Period, end of story... B-)

I'm doing this off my IPhone so I haven't read all the responses but who is to say that not only do we keep our pick at #8 but that we also trade up and back into the 1st round for one of these QBs? Just saying.....

The risky part with that is you probably need to give up your 2014 number one and this team could be anywhere between 2-14 to 9-7 next year. Although I believe 9-7 is more realistic.

Mayock compared Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib to Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins because of Nassib's intelligence and love of the game. Nassib doesn't have a huge arm, but "can make all the throws." Why does that not get me excited?

Hmmmmm. That was copy and pasted from NFL.com

Nassib does have a huge arm though. And Mayock was comparing these guys off of intelligence and passion for the game. The fact that he chose Dalton and Cousins is irrevilant. He didn't say they all have the same skill set and therefore Nassib will have the potential of Dalton.

Nassib does have a huge arm though. And Mayock was comparing these guys off of intelligence and passion for the game. The fact that he chose Dalton and Cousins is irrevilant. He didn't say they all have the same skill set and therefore Nassib will have the potential of Dalton.

Alrighty then. "does not have a huge arm" doesn't leave much room for interpretation IMO. I wasn't there I'll take your word for it.

Alrighty then. "does not have a huge arm" doesn't leave much room for interpretation IMO.

"Does not have a huge arm" leaves a huge amount of room for interpretation.

"Does not have a huge arm" fit Alex Van Pelt and kept him from being a viable NFL QB.

"Does not have a huge arm" fits Ryan Fitzpatrick and it's pretty much his death knell.

"Does not have a huge arm" fits Andy Dalton and the reason I don't want him although a lot of people do.

"Does not have a huge arm" fit Tom Brady the first few years in the league.

"Does not have a huge arm" fits Phillip Rivers, although it's plenty strong enough and he was a great QB.

"Does not have a huge arm" fits Ryan Nassib but he has more than enough arm "to make all the throws" and be a top NFL QB (depending on other abilities/inabilities.

Mayock compared Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib to Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins because of Nassib's intelligence and love of the game. Nassib doesn't have a huge arm, but "can make all the throws." Why does that not get me excited?

Hmmmmm. That was copy and pasted from NFL.com

Has Mayock even watched him play for like one freakin series? Nassib is a body-builder who plays football and might be the strongest player on Cuse period. His arm strength is probably his #1 positive. In fact, the debate should be whether his strength is actually a negative. As a Cuse fan I've watched all his games and his #1 weakness is that he doesn't have touch on his short throws because he is simply too strong. He throws a 4 yard screen pass 100 mph.

Has Mayock even watched him play for like one freakin series? Nassib is a body-builder who plays football and might be the strongest player on Cuse period. His arm strength is probably his #1 positive. In fact, the debate should be whether his strength is actually a negative. As a Cuse fan I've watched all his games and his #1 weakness is that he doesn't have touch on his short throws because he is simply too strong. He throws a 4 yard screen pass 100 mph.

Yep. Mayock is one of the best draft gurus out there ( if not the best), but he's wrong if he thinks that Nassib doesn't have a strong arm.

Mayock has an understanding of the difference between being a quarterback and being a passer. Something I wish more of us had as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I didn't watch nearly as many games but this is exactly what I saw as well. His short touch throws leave you scratching your head... He has a cannon but just needs to work on those finesse throws.

When a guy like Mayock says a QB "can make all the throws" that means the QB has a strong arm, or strong enough arm, and that is what he said. He also didn't didn't say anything about "not" having a strong arm, he said Nassib didn't have a "huge arm" which is both a significant distinction, and true from what I have both seen and read about Nassib. It also doesn't necessarily mean you have a strong arm when you consistently gun 15 yard passes like a howitzer, which is what Nassib does and what seemingly makes a lot of people think and say he has a very strong arm. A very strong arm is one that can gun the ball on 30 yard outs and crosses and throw 60 yards down the field without winding up like it's the finals of the Punt, Pass and Kick competition.

Edited by Kelly the Dog