If you could change one rule in any sport...

NASCAR letting racers use real model cars, not this Next Gen crap. If you're driving a Ford, run a Ford. A Chevrolet bring a Chevy...

Get a Monte Carlo, rip out the fancy stuff, add a role cage, racing motor, and certain specs... and run it.

+1

One of the Dirt tracks around here used to have (might still, I don't know) a "Run What Ya Brung" night, where anyone with a helmet could run their car/vehicle around the track.

I'm a Yankees fan and more closely follow the AL every year but I would be for the DH rule going too. It makes the strategy for managing in late games a lot more interesting.

I know the player's union would never go for it but maybe they could add a designated base runner for if/when pitchers actually end up on base to counter the lost roster position and to help keep the pitchers healthier.

NASCAR letting racers use real model cars, not this Next Gen crap. If you're driving a Ford, run a Ford. A Chevrolet bring a Chevy...

Get a Monte Carlo, rip out the fancy stuff, add a role cage, racing motor, and certain specs... and run it.

Exactly! Why the heck do they call it "stock car racing" when it is anything BUT stock car racing. Huh? When did this **** really change?

+1

One of the Dirt tracks around here used to have (might still, I don't know) a "Run What Ya Brung" night, where anyone with a helmet could run their car/vehicle around the track.

If you're ever my way, we're going to Bowman Grey. NASCAR's oldest track. There are about 6 races a night, from modified to street stock. The street stock might be a VW racing a mustang, camaro, anything rearwheel drive. It is a 1/4 mile flat track around a football field. The stadium is also used for Winston-Salem State Univ. football games and other activities. They also have bus races - yes real buses, chain races - first car has a motor and chained to a second car that doesn't, demolition derbies - duh, and more.

Exactly! Why the heck do they call it "stock car racing" when it is anything BUT stock car racing. Huh? When did this **** really change?

The early 90's. I remember going to the Richard Childress facility, about 10 miles from me, before it was this commercialized. We could just walk around the entire place - anyway, seeing the museum part was awesome, a car which they had put a hole in the role cage to keep extra gas was on display. That is racing, or when they'd take balsa wood blocks and put it between the springs to make the car pass clearance tests, then as the race wore on the wood came out...oops guess the springs got taught in the race. NASCAR ain't NASCAR no more, but it is great going to Lowes and seeing Chocolate Myers shopping along side you, driving around LKN or Kannapolis or such and seeing crew members and racers.

Edited by jboyst62

They also have bus races - yes real buses,

I've seen the bus races here too. It's not that interesting when the track is not wide enough for them to safely pass, so they end up finishing in the same order they started. The fun ones are the figure 8 tracks...

Get rid of the instigator penalty in hockey. It would eliminate alot of the stickwork and cheap shots if they could, as Rob Ray says, "address the situation" without worrying about taking an extra penalty.

+1

Removing the instigator rule eliminates most, if not all dangerous play, save for the "address the situation" injuries