Outside opinions ont draft's QBs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The QB postion if you look at it during the history of the draft teams have reached for them because it is a vital position. I do not have much faith in Nix and still think he will reach for a QB. and if you lookat my post I did not say they would draft one at 8. Just in the first round, but if I am wrong and I hope I am because the majority of QBs I think drafting in the first round is a reach, I will gladly kiss my cats behind.

I think Geno Smith will be gone before 8 and he is still a reach b4 pick 10

I agree that you have to be careful what you believe that teams say about draft prospects.

I can certainly understand that Arizona may want to perpetuate the idea that there aren't good QBs available in hopes that one might be available at their pick. But I would think it would be in KC's best interest to hype the QBs in hopes of enticing a team to trade up with them.

fine line.... "we think theres a franchise qb, but we traded for smith" isnt a great one either

And I dont think I would trust the Cardinal's coach in opinions on quarterbacks... I mean his stable of quarterbacks doesnt wow me.

You mean a guy who's worked with Rothlisberger & Luck, and is now stranded with Hoyer, Stanton & Skelton? Yup, there's absolutely no reason for him to throw out a misdirect.

Chief's GM John Dorsey said he doesn't think there is a QB worth a first end grade.

Cardinal's coach Bruce Arians (who knows QBs), thinks he'll stick with Drew Stanton and said: "noe of them (QBs in the draft) wowed me."

Buyer beware.

John Dorsey voted with his feet by trading for Alex Smith. Consider where he was drafting. There's probably not a QB who was worth drafting #1 overall.

Arians is more likely to be "hand on your wallet" pre draft smokescreen. On the one hand, he's had a year to study Stanton up close and personal. So it's possible he's aware of a hidden upside to the guy, thinks he can coach him up, and is willing to wait until next year to try to find a Luck or Roethlisraper clone.

On the other hand, Stanton has been markedly underwhelming in his 4 pro-starts so I wouldn't bet the ranch 'zona doesn't draft a QB

Chief's GM John Dorsey said he doesn't think there is a QB worth a first end grade.

Regardless of what Dorsey says publicly, there will be 3 QBs taken in the first round.

Wasnt it last year that someone said that Glenn was just a guard and could Never play Left Tackle?

And I dont think I would trust the Cardinal's coach in opinions on quarterbacks... I mean his stable of quarterbacks doesnt wow me.

Yep. And people kept insisting that Bruce Irvin was a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder.

It's interesting to see how many people put their faith in the scouting reports of others.

Drafting Lane Johnson at 8 and getting Mike Glennon with their next pick will result in immediate improvement next year for the Bills. Glennon wowed scouts at pro day. Displayed amazing accuracy in windy conditions. One scout says he has "star" potential and reminds him of Joe Flacco. I'd be stoked if those two are on roster.

No worries, you're allowed one mistake every 5 years on this message board. You'll be closely monitored through 2018.

I think I should've been outta here after my first 5 posts!

Nix was a GM - not a scout - when he hired Gailey as head coach.

Correct, it was meant as a cheap shot.

Listening to Nix on WGR on 12/14/12 he talked about moving up a round to get a QB. I'm thinking they are not looking at #8 as much as moving back into the late round 1 or early round 2 range to get a targeted QB. if that's the case, looking forward to your feline foto.

this is what I believe. trade back, get another #2 and take a qb with a late rd 1 pick. yep

Drafting Lane Johnson at 8 and getting Mike Glennon with their next pick will result in immediate improvement next year for the Bills. Glennon wowed scouts at pro day. Displayed amazing accuracy in windy conditions. One scout says he has "star" potential and reminds him of Joe Flacco. I'd be stoked if those two are on roster.

he looked awful in real - well, sort of real - game conditions at the Sr. Bowl. I'm just not seeing it in him.

I think Bruce Arians tipped his hand when the Cards dumped Kolb. If the Cards weren't going to draft a QB, wouldn't it make sense to keep what you already have around so you can get a better evaluation of them? If they don't like any of the QBs in this draft, it would make more sense to give Kolb another year under their tutelage before totally giving up.

It's sort of like the Bills dumping all their WRs except for one and stating they don't have faith in any of the WRs in this coming draft.

You guys are sippin some kool aid. In round 1 there will be 3 qb's taken...in the first 8 picks! Just watch everyone go QB crazy like last year

I agree teams QB is the most reached and over drafted position in the draft.3 QB's will be drafted, the Jags might even draft a QB if they can finally admit Blaine Gabbert is a bust, and the Bills will draft a QB at number 8, because you might lose the guy you want to draft if you wait for it. Yes it will be a reach to draft a QB so high but they pretty much have to.

You guys are sippin some kool aid. In round 1 there will be 3 qb's taken...in the first 8 picks! Just watch everyone go QB crazy like last year

It is two different propositions to say that:

1. There will be one or more QBs drafted in round 1

and

2. There is one or more QBs worth drafting in round 1

I have no doubt that at least Geno Smith and Matt Barkley will be drafted in round 1. They may even be one or two more QBs taken. The big question to me is will any of them turn out to be good NFL starting QBs?

Regardless of what Dorsey says publicly, there will be 3 QBs taken in the first round.

That's my take as well. I just can't see the Bills passing on a QB in the 1st. They know people will reach for a QB, so in order to get one they like, they will grab theirs at 8 before its too late.

Cardinal's coach Bruce Arians (who knows QBs), thinks he'll stick with Drew Stanton and said: "noe of them (QBs in the draft) wowed me."

Buyer beware.

At this time of the year, there is *smokescreens* everywhere. You simply cannot believe what comes out of GMs (except for Nix) mouth. Considering that both the Chiefs and Cardinals require a long term QB solution....Umm..

John Dorsey voted with his feet by trading for Alex Smith. Consider where he was drafting. There's probably not a QB who was worth drafting #1 overall.

Arians is more likely to be "hand on your wallet" pre draft smokescreen. On the one hand, he's had a year to study Stanton up close and personal. So it's possible he's aware of a hidden upside to the guy, thinks he can coach him up, and is willing to wait until next year to try to find a Luck or Roethlisraper clone.

On the other hand, Stanton has been markedly underwhelming in his 4 pro-starts so I wouldn't bet the ranch 'zona doesn't draft a QB

Why would you called Ben that!!.....You are sick. Ben was never convicted of anything and the guy is married now. Some people can't just let things go..

I think Geno Smith has the best upside-downside in this draft- Bray and Manuel have better upside but much worse downside, Barkley and Wilson have similar Downside to Smith but less upside.

So overall I think Geno Smith is the best bet in this draft class but how good is he compared to QBs already playing - Manning (either one) good? no, Brady good? no, Rodgers good? no, Brees good? no, Ryan good? no, Luck good? no, RG3 good? no, Wilson good? no, Kaepernick good? no, Romo good? yes, Schaub good? yes, Cutler good? yes.

so what are you willing to give for a QB who's best upside is Tony Romo? it's an upgrade from Fitz and remember Flacco another QB in the slightly better than mediocre class got his team to the SB.

I agree with everyone on this board

1. No QB's in this draft are worth a first round choice

2. Two QB's will be drafted in the first round of this draft.

It is highly unlikely that either of the QB's drafted will ever win a Super Bowl.