UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

Suddenly, finishing this off makes a lot of sense. Seriously, to swap Sheppard with Dansby, and get another depth pass rusher on the team we'd be looking at a DL of K Williams, Dareus and Branch, with Mario as a designated rusher and Bradham, Dansby and Lawson as pure linebackers....they would look scary.

IMO. Alonso is a day one starter even if we bring in Dansby. Mark Anderson does not make the team.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tall order, because Anderson is a Pettine type player.

He is? pray tell brother. I watched him dance around as a rusher and then become injured quickly and nearly completely. 2 knee surgeries ? on our dime ? What do you perceive friend that i do not pray tell?

IMO. Alonso is a day one starter even if we bring in Dansby. Mark Anderson does not make the team.

Where is Dansby ? has he talked to anyone else since he snuck off ?

He knows he wants to be here even with our snuffing by the pundits, he must consider our defense might be rather good and even more fun to play on.

Also i dont know what a starter means with Mike Pettine. Seems we could have quite the rotation upon rotation coming together. packages sub packages and the versatilty to leave the freshest group on the field for sets of downs. sounds fantastical i know.. Edited by 3rdand12

He is? pray tell brother. I watched him dance around as a rusher and then become injured quickly and nearly completely. 2 knee surgeries ? on our dime ? What do you perceive friend that i do not pray tell?

IM NOT YOUR BROTHER, FRIEND!!!

IM NOT YOUR FRIEND, BROTHER!!!!!

Buddy was just on the Fan 1270, sounds like Dansby is a no go. He stated Alonso can do the same things and they want to give him the chance

IOW "it's a no-go...unless he lowers his demands and accepts our offer."

Buddy was just on the Fan 1270, sounds like Dansby is a no go. He stated Alonso can do the same things and they want to give him the chance

He can do them...but will he be able to do them consistently? I worry about this kid's ability to process information.

I hope Buddy's just playing hardball with Dansby's agent and doesn't really believe that having essentially a whole new LB group made up of vets playing out of position (Mario) and kids new to the NFL is a good idea. A $7 million deal over two years probably gets it done with Dansby, IMO...

I listened in. Sounds like the ball is in Dansby's court and he's no longer a high priority ( if he ever was) based on the arrival of Alonso.

As of today who are the two ILB?

it is hard to tell, because the linebackers are supposed to be interchangeable, and since they are doing multiple front, they will have only one ILB sometimes.

it could be anyone out of Kiko, Chris White, Moats. I think bradham and Lawson are supposed to be OLB, but they are pretty deep at OLB right now, so I imagine they both will see time at ILB in the 3-4 front. Not sure what this defense will look like, but it sounds like it doesn't matter who is starting where, because they will be moved around. Though I assume mario and anderson will stick to the outside.

He can do them...but will he be able to do them consistently? I worry about this kid's ability to process information.

I hope Buddy's just playing hardball with Dansby's agent and doesn't really believe that having essentially a whole new LB group made up of vets playing out of position (Mario) and kids new to the NFL is a good idea. A $7 million deal over two years probably gets it done with Dansby, IMO...

Buddy has to say those things and I think it has very little to do with messages to Dansby. I think it has everything to do with placating to us the fans. Could you imagine if Buddy said "We are still trying to work on a deal with Karlos. We think it would be beneficial to have our rookie learn and then work his way into a starting role with a greater knowledge and refined skills of the game at the NFL level." Then we don't sign Dansby. What would he say then? "Hey forget all what I said this rookie is ready and can do all the same things as this very productive proven vet."

Buddy has to say those things and I think it has very little to do with messages to Dansby. I think it has everything to do with placating to us the fans. Could you imagine if Buddy said "We are still trying to work on a deal with Karlos. We think it would be beneficial to have our rookie learn and then work his way into a starting role with a greater knowledge and refined skills of the game at the NFL level." Then we don't sign Dansby. What would he say then? "Hey forget all what I said this rookie is ready and can do all the same things as this very productive proven vet."

Well, he has said things like that before. A lot actually. He doesn't say "we need to sign player x" but he does say things like "we need to add another saftey" or "we are thin at wide receiver" or "we are looking to add a quarterback." Those are the things he says when he thinks they need to add to the position.

With that said, I don't like what we have at ILB going forward, and Buddy nix aside, Pettine seems to be a good enough coach to where he can get the benefit of the doubt for right now. But if this defense doesen't make the next step, it will be because of that position.

I hope you are right

We need some PROVEN Vet presence for these young guys. Im sure Dansby isnt dirt cheap but how much is stoping the RUN worth?

IDC who we drafted or signed if we dont stop the FREAKING RUN which we havent done in quite awhile... It wont matter whos at QB, if we get ran all over again our D is out there way too long and we get scored on again and again and again!

Just my opinion. Im sick of watching teams run up and down the field while we go 3 and out.

Just be COMPETETIVE!!!

Edited by CaliBillsfan

It is still April. If you think the roster we have today is the roster we'll field in September, you're crazy. Danbsy or not, they will bring someone in at some point if they think they need insurance for young Kiko the booze hound. The upcoming mini camps will surely shed some light on where things stand. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a move in mid-May or when vets get cut later in the preseason. Until then, heed the words of Frankie Goes to Hollywood and RELAX!

it is hard to tell, because the linebackers are supposed to be interchangeable, and since they are doing multiple front, they will have only one ILB sometimes.

it could be anyone out of Kiko, Chris White, Moats. I think bradham and Lawson are supposed to be OLB, but they are pretty deep at OLB right now, so I imagine they both will see time at ILB in the 3-4 front. Not sure what this defense will look like, but it sounds like it doesn't matter who is starting where, because they will be moved around. Though I assume mario and anderson will stick to the outside.

I think it's going to be Bradham and Alonso in the middle. Lawson outside with many different partners depending in the alignment. Mario, Anderson, Hughes, dotwin and maybe moats. Propel are gonna be lined up all over the place