Speculation that Jim Leonhard returns to The Bills and Pettine

Nanker

Jim Leonhard is a very decent player IF he is the 11th best player on the defense, the entire rest of the defense is sound and attacking and generating a huge pass rush and covering everyone so he is allowed to roam around and not be responsible for anything. He did this well in Baltimore and one year on the Jets, which is why Ryan liked him. He stinks, like he did on the Bills, if he is forced to have responsibilities, like covering. No thanks.

I think its funy how so many posters on here call players like Leonard 'meh' when all he did was produce, make plays, and get contracts from some of the best defesive coaches in the league who made it a priority to sign him.

If we had all of our 'meh' players stick around the last 10 seasons we would have made the playoffs by now.

However I have no idea if Jim is past his prime or not.

I think Eric Smith makes a lot more sense.

Also knows the D.

Wish they'd do something.

Eric Smith is so horribly explosively bad. Imagine Donte Whitner, but slower, dumber, can't tackle, cannot cover anyone even remotely, and white. Eric Smith is less than half as good as that Donte Whitner.

Edited by peterpan

Jim Leonhard is a very decent player IF he is the 11th best player on the defense, the entire rest of the defense is sound and attacking and generating a huge pass rush and covering everyone so he is allowed to roam around and not be responsible for anything. He did this well in Baltimore and one year on the Jets, which is why Ryan liked him. He stinks, like he did on the Bills, if he is forced to have responsibilities, like covering. No thanks.

Always liked him on special teams.

Don't know if he's got anything left.

Not to be a pain, but I would say Pettine hasn't been known for anything yet. That's why he wanted out. He was a defensive coach under a very strong defensive mind in Rex Ryan.

Leonhard....meh.

I think at this point Pettine has established himself as "bubonic". His ex-players have been avoiding him like the plague. I hope Leonhard avoids him too because Leonhard stinks.

I think at this point Pettine has established himself as "bubonic". His ex-players have been avoiding him like the plague. I hope Leonhard avoids him too because Leonhard stinks.

The only one we know he looked into was Devito, who chose to be a starter on the Chiefs rather than a back-up on the Bills.

• 3 weeks later...

I think its funy how so many posters on here call players like Leonard 'meh' when all he did was produce, make plays, and get contracts from some of the best defesive coaches in the league who made it a priority to sign him.

If we had all of our 'meh' players stick around the last 10 seasons we would have made the playoffs by now.

However I have no idea if Jim is past his prime or not.

Eric Smith is so horribly explosively bad. Imagine Donte Whitner, but slower, dumber, can't tackle, cannot cover anyone even remotely, and white. Eric Smith is less than half as good as that Donte Whitner.

I was still considering him, til you said he looked just like Kevin kolb and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I can handle unathletic and dumb but... white? No thanks.

Spot on...

Most overrated player in the history of this board. Much respect to him for making a really solid career for himself but he is not a good safety.

I was still considering him, til you said he looked just like Kevin kolb and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I can handle unathletic and dumb but... white? No thanks.

So all white guys look alike to you? Racist.