What QB to sign?

djp14150

The Bills should just have open try-outs for the litany of rejects and mediocrities that are available. It would be like the spring training from "Major League". And Brandon could charge fans $1.00 to come out and watch. It'd be great to see Jeff George and a cast of thousands throwing the ol' pigskin.

Edited by RussellDopeland

I'd take Kolb. Actually, I'd take Tebow would could also help us perhaps at the TE position. He's more valuable than Brad Smith IMO. The guy just wants to play, doesn't care what position. He could play QB, like up at TE, let the rookie start and he could be the backup. All sorts of options.

I wouldn't sign anyone. Don't we see this discussion every year at other positions? Fitzpatrick was a journeyman. Kolb, Flynn, Cassel (now that it doesn't matter), and Campbell are no better than Tarvaris Jackson. This team is so lost in terms of its identity. Not sure what I want at this point. One part of me wants to say that Geno Smith has all of the tools that the Bills need offensively. He's accurate and can make all the pro throws and basically ran an almost pro level spread offense at West Virginia. Maybe they finally get it right after the J.P. Losman, Trent Edwards failed experiments. The other part of me says that they need to take the best player at a position of need in the first round and then come around and take the highest QB on the board in round 2. Maybe it ends up being the Syracuse QB, and maybe it doesn't. Regardless of my indecisive opinion, they are going to need to be right on 3-4 draft picks to compete this year.