OG Chad Rinehart signs with Chargers

BRAWNDO

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BPA at #8 will probably be an O-lineman......

Drafting a guard at 8 is a terrible idea. This draft is very deep for interior lineman. Last year's elite guard to come out was selected late in the 1st. Buddy has stated he drafts tackles and moves them inside if they can't play tackle.

Guess we better get used to the TJax show, or trading back into the first for the QB they want.

Well, now it's time for all those people who talked about how guards are a dime a dozen to be proven right, because the Bills now need two, including a starter. And drafting one at #8 would tell me the Bills don't exactly think they're a dime a dozen.

You have to think though that the Bills simply didn't want him if he signed a one year deal, which I guarantee is for little money, to play for the Chargers the second day of FA.

You have to think though that the Bills simply didn't want him if he signed a one year deal, which I guarantee is for little money, to play for the Chargers the second day of FA.

That's fine, he can be upgraded upon. I just want to see that happen before they are left scraping the bottom of the barrel.

That would be logical. Does not seem to me that losing a 32 year old career back up guard is make or break. Marrone is an ex OL and OL coach. I am sure he knows what he wants even if the rest of us do not.

Yesterday I wanted to throw up a little bit when Levitre left.

...now I want to throw up a lot.

A hole that could have been filled with a known quantity (and quality) is now quite empty.

I love the Bills and I will "try" to stay optimistic. However, if you are fan of this team HOW DO YOU NOT have this sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This could be an indication of what kind of offense they are going to run and what kind of OG they want.

We don't have the luxury of being picky when it comes to o-linemen.

The o-line around here has been so bad for so many years that I think the FO and staff need to keep the criteria simple-- pick (and keep) big guys that stay healthy and can block.

...ok, NOW I'm nervous. Not that Rhrinehart set my world on fire, but my justifcation for taking a rookie QB as a starter was "Well, we have two great Running Backs and a damn good O-line", but suddenly we're looking thin at a place that we have no reason to be thin. Before I could tell myself, "Eh, we could probably make due by shuffling who we have". Not anymore.

Ah yes, the irreplaceable Chad !@#$ing Rhinehart.

Get a grip, fellas.

Actually, I should expound. As I watched last night play out, I got the sneaking suspicion that so many teams (like the Bills) were holding their horses knowing their will be cap/roster casualties that greatly expand the current FA pool.

Knowing that we picked up Pears and Urbrik from the trash heap, I'm not in the least bit concerned that--three months before training camp--we have a spot or two to fill on the O-Line. I don't think we yet have a full grasp of available inventory.

Edited by taC giB ehT

Overreactions a plenty. Guards are a dime a dozen in this league. Quick name the guards for the Falcons Seahawks and Ravens. And any guard on the 49ers not named Iupati. No Google

Ah yes, the irreplaceable Chad !@#$ing Rhinehart.

Get a grip, fellas.

No one thinks he is irreplaceable (I don't think), but they thought he was a solid reserve who could step in and start if they needed him to. At least, that's how I felt. He was an OK Plan B. Now, Plan A and Plan B are out and they need a starter and a reserve, with the better players getting scratched off the market daily. That's all.