OG Chad Rinehart signs with Chargers

BRAWNDO

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still wonder if the plan isn't to move Glenn to LG and then acquire a top LT via free agency or the draft.

Eric Wood was on the Fan 1270 today and was asked the same question his answer to that was that Glenn is great where he is.

Chad sucked,he was getting blown off the ball every play.he kinda played like Jeff wright always back peddling.

Although harsh, it's hard to disagree here.

Eric Wood was on the Fan 1270 today and was asked the same question his answer to that was that Glenn is great where he is.

Buddy said "were set at tackle"

Just when you think we had been finally building through the draft and FA, we lose two guards, one top 5 in the league. Just more holes to fill. Every year it's something. We overpay for mediocre players, barring Stevie and Mario, and the process continues year after year

Yeah...total duds like Fred Jackson, Scott Chandler, and soon Jairus Byrd. I mean WTF?

Chad sucked,he was getting blown off the ball every play.he kinda played like Jeff wright always back peddling.

Jeff Wright was a nose tackle. :blink:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeah...total duds like Fred Jackson, Scott Chandler, and soon Jairus Byrd. I mean WTF?

PTR

But he was always back-pedaling getting blown off the LOS when he was supposed to be pushing forward or at least holding his ground. The comparison is understandable.

PTR

Chandler is a below-average starter. He's a fine player, but the numbers don't lie.

You don't get it, do you?

If he's on our roster and stays, he can't be any good, or he'd go somewhere else

If he's on our roster and leaves, he must've been good, which is why our organization can't retain him

If he's on someone else's roster and comes here, he must've had no other choice

If he's on someone else's roster and doesn't come here, he must've known that we suck

Get it now?

You also forgot:

It doesn't matter how much the Bills have sucked, every player they lose was a soon to be pro-bowler. Levitre never got a mention as a pro-bowl guard but everyone believes he was incredible. No Rhinehardt leaves and the sky is falling.

Justin pugh, Brian waters or Barret Jones in the 3rd. I like Jones because if we lose wood we have a center, I like Pugh because he can play tackle too. Waters would be my 3rd choice.

I dont think Jones makes it that far, but would love to have him at almost any pick (except maybe 8). Pugh either. Might have to pick them in the 2nd, if they are still available. Other than that I agree.

Or take an LT in the 1st, and let him and Glenn battle it out for the starting LT and LG spots.

Edited by DrDareustein

I still wonder if the plan isn't to move Glenn to LG and then acquire a top LT via free agency or the draft.

Lane johnson, Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack should be available (at least two of them anyway). By year 2 I really think Warmack will be better than Levitre. But it would be nice to get a linebacker early.

Lane johnson, Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack should be available (at least two of them anyway). By year 2 I really think Warmack will be better than Levitre. But it would be nice to get a linebacker early.

I'd be willing to bet Warmack will be better than Levitre in yr 1. He might not have all the nuances of the game, but he's much bigger & stronger, and will be able to get push Levitre never dreamed of. I'd only want him at 8 if several other players were already taken, but given his elite skills I would definitely consider him there.