OG Chad Rinehart signs with Chargers

BRAWNDO

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have the luxury of being picky when it comes to o-linemen.

The o-line around here has been so bad for so many years that I think the FO and staff need to keep the criteria simple-- pick (and keep) big guys that stay healthy and can block.

Of course you do. If the new offense is going to be built around maulers, or, zone blocking, or whatever the scheme decided upon is going to be, you want players that are going to fit that style of play. They may have easily decided that Rinehart doesn't fit the mold. It may also be why they didn't want to retain Joe D as the coach. He did a great job while he was here developing some guys and masking some deficiencies, but it was built for a specific kind of quick pass offense that the Bills are no longer going to run. Most players at all positions in the NFL do certain things well, which keeps them from being very good or great players. Very few are just so damn good they can play in any scheme to their peak.

I don't know this for sure, but everything I have seen so far leads me to believe that the Bills just didn't want Chad Rinehart anymore, and we are changing our offense.

Overreactions a plenty. Guards are a dime a dozen in this league. Quick name the guards for the Falcons Seahawks and Ravens. And any guard on the 49ers not named Iupati. No Google

Marshal Yanda on Baltimore, Justin Blalock on Atlanta. There are a couple good ones.

Overreactions a plenty. Guards are a dime a dozen in this league. Quick name the guards for the Falcons Seahawks and Ravens. And any guard on the 49ers not named Iupati. No Google

Just to prove that I'm a nerd:

Falcons - Blalock and Konz

Seahawks - Sweezy and McQuistan

Ravens - Yanda and Osemele

49ers - Boone

:nana:

Of course you do. If the new offense is going to be built around maulers, or, zone blocking, or whatever the scheme decided upon is going to be, you want players that are going to fit that style of play. They may have easily decided that Rinehart doesn't fit the mold. It may also be why they didn't want to retain Joe D as the coach. He did a great job while he was here developing some guys and masking some deficiencies, but it was built for a specific kind of quick pass offense that the Bills are no longer going to run. Most players at all positions in the NFL do certain things well, which keeps them from being very good or great players. Very few are just so damn good they can play in any scheme to their peak.

I don't know this for sure, but everything I have seen so far leads me to believe that the Bills just didn't want Chad Rinehart anymore, and we are changing our offense.

I like your optimism. But aren't the Bills going to run a west coast offense? I thought that was the plan

No one thinks he is irreplaceable (I don't think), but they thought he was a solid reserve who could step in and start if they needed him to. At least, that's how I felt. He was an OK Plan B. Now, Plan A and Plan B are out and they need a starter and a reserve, with the better players getting scratched off the market daily. That's all.

And that's fair, and precisely why I added to my comments, in post.

Just because he was here...just because you know his name...doesn't mean he was good. I can't cry for the loss of a backup OG. He wasn't good enough to be a starter.

You don't get it, do you?

If he's on our roster and stays, he can't be any good, or he'd go somewhere else

If he's on our roster and leaves, he must've been good, which is why our organization can't retain him

If he's on someone else's roster and comes here, he must've had no other choice

If he's on someone else's roster and doesn't come here, he must've known that we suck

Get it now?

I like your optimism. But aren't the Bills going to run a west coast offense? I thought that was the plan

It's hard to say. I imagine, depending on the QB, that it's going to be a hybrid of 3-4 different styles, which will be a combination of what SYR ran the second half of last year, some of the run option stuff, some of the NO Sean Payton passing game, and then tailored to exploit CJ and FredEx.

Friggin morons, bad enough to let Levitre go but to let his replacement go is even dumber. :doh:

he was never good enough to be levitres replacement. I liked him as depth though. wish we could have re-signed him. If the chargers signed him expecting to be their starter, they are in for some disapointment.