OG Chad Rinehart signs with Chargers

BRAWNDO

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft offers heavy OL depth. I'm not one that has any allegiances when it comes to that #8 pick. LB would be nice, QB will probably be a reach (Geno to OAK, Barkley to ARI-though that's a reach to me anyways), CB is not something I want to see the Bills touch in the 1st for a few years and there's plenty of depth in the 3rd to 5th for DB's anyways, WR may be an option, Safety should be filled in FA this year with plenty of strong availability. Why not a top-tier OG or OT w/ one of our tackles moving inside? Heck, maybe Zebrie Sanders is the guy the Bills are looking at to fill the LG....doubtful.

Makes you wonder if theyre thinking about moving Cordy Glenn to G if one of the top tackles falls to them...or drafting Warmack.

EIther way I dont see why this is anything to freak out about. Guard is one of the easiest positions to replace in the entire NFL.

I am so sick of hearing this crap about Guards being easy to replace. We spent 10 years looking for Guards and we had to use two high draft picks (Wood and Levitre) to finally stabilize the middle of our line. Rhinehart is not a great athlete but he was a decent backup. Levitre will not be replaced very easily.

Edited by Bob in STL

Rest easy The new coach has a plan. Draft a center. Move Wood back to where he belongs and hope he doesn't get hurt again. move the big guy on the left end inside where he belongs. Draft new one. We will be fine in a couple years when the new staff arrives. Life is good. and the new LB didn't know we have not been to the play offs for 13 years. They are here for the money honny .

Rest easy The new coach has a plan. Draft a center. Move Wood back to where he belongs and hope he doesn't get hurt again. move the big guy on the left end inside where he belongs. Draft new one. We will be fine in a couple years when the new staff arrives. Life is good. and the new LB didn't know we have not been to the play offs for 13 years. They are here for the money honny .

Move Wood back to...Center?

I am so sick of hearing this crap about Guards being easy to replace. We spent 10 years looking for Guards and we had to use two high draft picks (Wood and Levitre) to finally stabilize the middle of our line. Rhinehart is not a great athlete but he was a decent backup. Levitre will not be replaced very easily.

You are right about one thing, but it was the OLD FRONT OFFICE who spent 10 years looking for Guards... and for Centers, and for Tackles. They were consistently horrible at identifying OL talent.

Since the new FO has taken over, finding OL players has been one of the things that are actually good at.

why not sign a RT in FA, there are a number of good ones. Then bump someone inside to G, like Hairston or something?

Yes I am grasping for straws here

Why grasp at anything? We are down a starting LG and a backup OG. The rest of the talented unit is still intact. A standard FA signing and a mid-round draft pick can fix that. I already wanted the Bills to grab some extra OL talent late in the draft, once they address QB, LB and WR.

Lets see how it all plays out.

I'd be willing to bet Warmack will be better than Levitre in yr 1. He might not have all the nuances of the game, but he's much bigger & stronger, and will be able to get push Levitre never dreamed of. I'd only want him at 8 if several other players were already taken, but given his elite skills I would definitely consider him there.

So in effect you'd be using a high draft pick to keep Bills in the same spot and not use that pick on a skill player who can be a difference maker on a scoreboard. This is precisely why the Bills haven't improved. The goal of drafting well and keeping the good guys hasn't worked too well.

Calm down. Levite is really good but not 8per given the needs that the bills have and wood being up next year.Reinhard was not and is not a quality starter.calm down ppl. I wouldn't be surprised if hairs ton moves to rg and urbik over to lg

Guards are easy to replace. Losing Levitre hurt but it was a sensible decision given the cost and the position but there are still options like Matt Slauson or Brandon Moore out there that while not as good as Levtire will still give you solid production at that position. Also Reinhart was a waiver wire pickup as was Urbick and Pears. Give Buddy credit he seems to know how to find guards on the cheap.

Edited by billsfan89

Makes you wonder if theyre thinking about moving Cordy Glenn to G if one of the top tackles falls to them...or drafting Warmack.

EIther way I dont see why this is anything to freak out about. Guard is one of the easiest positions to replace in the entire NFL.

Interesting thought on kicking Glenn to guard. I don't share your opinion that guard is one of the easiest positions to replace in the NFL. Remember Touton Reyes and Cornell Green? And why would TN dole out nearly 8 million to a player for a position that's easy to replace?

You also forgot:

It doesn't matter how much the Bills have sucked, every player they lose was a soon to be pro-bowler. Levitre never got a mention as a pro-bowl guard but everyone believes he was incredible. No Rhinehardt leaves and the sky is falling.

They all suck once they sign with us. The ones we let leave are the studs, like Demetress Bell.

PTR

You guys are right -- we should give the Bills' FO the benefit of the doubt based on their awesome track record and consistent history of winning. Obviously they have a plan in place and obviously it's a good one, because all the moves they've made to date have been part of a coherent & consistent plan, and have usually panned out. How many straight winning seasons have they produced again?

Not sure what the hell is going on with how we're handling guard. It appears other teams were better prepared to handle the free agency blitzkrieg. I'm kind of thinking their plan at this point is to build a dominant defense as they don't think they can acquire a franchise QB. Then let Marrone be innovative enough with the offense to get the job done until they can get the QB they need. That leaked GM phone call was quite revealing IMO.

They all suck once they sign with us. The ones we let leave are the studs, like Demetress Bell.

PTR

I never said he "sucks." He's not in the same category as players like Fred and, particularly, Byrd, who is one of the best at his positions. Thanks for your sarcasm, though.