Tebow. What have we got to lose ?

jaybee

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said he was a star,or was going to be one. Just it's possible to think a few more games will help him.

Fitz is gone. This years QB class looks like career .500 journeymen. Don't waste draft choices on one of them. Fill the other holes and let Tebow plug the hole for now and next year draft a possible franchise QB.

Don't read it.

We're not that far off, you and me. We already have that guy: TARVARIS JACKSON- who is infinitely better right now than Tebow could/will ever be.

I'd take Tebow in a heartbeat. Everyone was sold on our old QB"s "perennial loser" record of starting wins vs losses. Tebow has a better W/L, would come cheap, can compete for the job, natural leader, good stop gap if we aren't sold on a QB this season. Sounds like everything the Bills could or would want. We gave Vince Young a try, why not Tebow?

I'd take Tebow in a heartbeat. Everyone was sold on our old QB"s "perennial loser" record of starting wins vs losses. Tebow has a better W/L, would come cheap, can compete for the job, natural leader, good stop gap if we aren't sold on a QB this season. Sounds like everything the Bills could or would want. We gave Vince Young a try, why not Tebow?

Cuz TBD experts said so. For the league minimum...how could you not give this guy a shot? Let him compete for the job. If he makes it...cool. If not, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Riddle me this? What is wrong with his throwing mechanics ? Thats what they all say. He looks like any other QB throwing the ball to me. Tebow is a diamond in the rough.

What have we got to lose?

more games

I thought that was the point?

Cuz TBD experts said so. For the league minimum...how could you not give this guy a shot? Let him compete for the job. If he makes it...cool. If not, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Riddle me this? What is wrong with his throwing mechanics ? Thats what they all say. He looks like any other QB throwing the ball to me. Tebow is a diamond in the rough.

This is trolling, right?

I thought that was the point?

What part of "compete for the position" are you guys not understanding? Read what I've said before being a sheep.

Never said he's the answer. I've said put him into the rotation in Pre-season and see what happens.

You might be surprised.

This is not necessarily true Hopeful. In 2011, according to NFL.com, the Denver Broncos were the 20th ranked defense. 24th in points given up. I wouldn't call that a stout defense.

Didn't say they had the best D in the NFL or a stifling D. But they have a D. And linebackers. Last year where were we ranked in points given up? And in 2011?

Just put him in the pre-season rotation. Let him compete. If he loses out to the rookie(s) or Tavaris, fine. Use em as a back-up, or release em. He is 7-4 (i believe) as a starter, albeit on a good defensive team.

Stupid idea? I dunno, maybe. But hell, like I said before, what have we got to lose ? The circus of it all would be entertaining. And...I know for a fact EVERY one of you guys would be tuned in; in the event he was named our starter.

FACT #1. 7-4 starting record

FACT #2. No one here knows how effective he would be. (including me)

OPINION: It'd be a blast watching him. Would give Buffalo some much needed exposure

I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it !

What have we got to lose fellas ? !! Let him compete. See what happens.

jb

Sound logic. Bring in Queen Elizabeth to play. Won't that be exciting! And I guarantee everyone tunes in.

Didn't say they had the best D in the NFL or a stifling D. But they have a D. And linebackers. Last year where were we ranked in points given up? And in 2011?

Spin it however you want. I Never mentioned anything about linebackers. Watch the tape. Besides, if we have no D and no linebackers, I guess we'll fail no matter whos QB'n right ?

Listen. we're not gonna be a good team in 2013 .....in all liklihood. So lets say smith/barkley/nassib...whoever wins the competition starts. Then gets injured. How much fun would it be to watch this under-rated athlete take over in that situation? You know you'd be glued to your flat-screen.

jb

Many thought it was a joke and laughed when Flutie came here...until he started winning games. We have zero to lose at this point. I don't really care who they bring in... ...because it can't get much worse.

Edited by Azucho98

Spin it however you want. I Never mentioned anything about linebackers. Watch the tape. Besides, if we have no D and no linebackers, I guess we'll fail no matter whos QB'n right ?

Listen. we're not gonna be a good team in 2013 .....in all liklihood. So lets say smith/barkley/nassib...whoever wins the competition starts. Then gets injured. How much fun would it be to watch this under-rated athlete take over in that situation? You know you'd be glued to your flat-screen.

jb

Er, there's no spin. You're correct. You didn't mention linebackers. You mentioned Tebow's 7-4 W-L record as a starter. I mentioned that when Tebow achieved that record, he was supported by a defense that had linebackers.

You're very correct, if we have no D and no linebackers, we will pretty much fail absent a superstar offense (which Tebow will not bring us). That was pretty much my point.

Many thought it was a joke and laughed when Flutie came here...until he started winning games. We have zero to lose at this point. I don't really care who they bring in... ...because it can't get much worse.

Spoken like a young chap who was not a fan in the mid-80s. It can get worse, I've seen it be worse.

If we draft a young gun and he becomes injured, TJax is a very watchable QB when supported by a good run game.

Er, there's no spin. You're correct. You didn't mention linebackers. You mentioned Tebow's 7-4 W-L record as a starter. I mentioned that when Tebow achieved that record, he was supported by a defense that had linebackers.

You're very correct, if we have no D and no linebackers, we will pretty much fail absent a superstar offense (which Tebow will not bring us). That was pretty much my point.

Spoken like a young chap who was not a fan in the mid-80s. It can get worse, I've seen it be worse.

Yes, the glory years with Joe Dufek :rolleyes:

It all counts. If you don't have a viable QB you can at least have some fun. If he were up for it I'd bring Favre in on a 2 yr deal.

right on. its amazing how many people on here feel that we actually have something to lose.lets have some fun with it. let tebow run an option offense..or spell our rbs with some power runs. keep the passes under 15 yds. i bet we win 8 games and the bills get some good pub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJujm_6t4lo

tebow is deceptively fast.....teams would be crazy not to give him a shot at FB