Levitre signs with Titans

Mango

I guess I am too upset. Historically the Bills have struggled to staff the OL and I hate to break up one of the most competent units we had in years. I don't see to many better available options out there but am willing to wait (have no choice anyway)

Ignoring the condescending tone of your post, care to specify in what way it did not make sense ?

How many of them are available to help the Bills this season ?

Agree with you on all counts...it seemed like it took us forever to build a decent offensive line again from the glory years and then we just let one of our most dependable linemen walk without an offer?

And before that splash out $5 million to a cornerback that can't hold a starting job, but is a good return guy? :wallbash:

Yeah, $8 million is a lot for a guard, but I would have much rather re-signed him and passed on just about any of the contract extensions to people we have tendered thusfar.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for sure, but i think thats why you see them at 8m instead of 12m, or 16m

just something to consider in that discussion. if a great guard helps you get by with a stop gap type tackle next to him - thats not awful either.

all depends on scheme and plan. id have liked him, but im not outraged over the loss either.

I'm not too far off your position, I think. I would have liked him to stick around, but an $8 million/yr. price tag would be hard to swallow. Even though it is cheaper than a contract to an equivalent player at a more "premium" position, the team can only absorb so many of those kinds of contracts, and I just can't see it for a guard.

Well only the home games get the no income tax. All away games are taxed at rate of the state played in. So, I thought your 5% was a pretty good average over the course of the year.

I didn't know that. I guess I assumed all income made by the player paid by the team would be taxed at the State level. If you're right than the whole tax argument is weak because it balances out and amount's to peanuts. In their world!

I like Levitre alot and I think the Bills will have some regrets letting him go, but if i could only have 1 of the two, then I want Wood next year instead of Levitre this year. If I am going to overpay this year, I overpay for Long from Miami at LT and move Glenn to RT.

exactly. he will command about the same price, more impact for the buck.

If the Bills let Levitre walk, and he signs 8 mil per year somewhere else, would we be happy if we where able to sign Vasquez and Laron Landry both around 5-6mil per year. Essentially we'd be trading Levitre for a comparable Gaurd and starting SS.

What about if we sign Landry and DeVito and no Vasquez? I think I would make the first move all day. Urbik is our best blocker on paper anyways.

Just to note I would like to keep Levitre at a reasonable 7.5 per cieling.

what do you think now :bag:

5 years, 39 million for Levitre in Tennessee

6 years $46.8M is what I've read.

All my rationalization and justification for not signing Levitre due to his probable salary went out the window when they signed McKelvin for $5 million a year

4 years $17M, backloaded

I like Levitre alot and I think the Bills will have some regrets letting him go, but if i could only have 1 of the two, then I want Wood next year instead of Levitre this year. If I am going to overpay this year, I overpay for Long from Miami at LT and move Glenn to RT.

I do not think the Bills are going to over pay for anyone this year. They will pay fair market price for a couple starters, those deals happen after the first and second day 'mega' deals get done.

Let Fitz's contract and cap hit come off the books next season. They will have plenty of room to sign Byrd to long term deal and also re-sign Wood.

The Bills will start signing guys starting tomorrow or Thursday. By Friday look for the Bills to have atleast 2 new players that will be starters.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I really wish I could return from an alternate universe where we signed him for $8.1 per and find half the naysayers crapping their pants about that.

You would not have gotten that kind of response from me.

Hey all those here who thought i was nuts to assume levitre was a goner....eat it

Congratulations, you must be proud that the Bills now have another area on the team to address that could have been avoided.

So who is our starting LG going to be now, and how much better is he going to be?