Drayton Florence coming back?

Jdragon2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a depth move if true. He replaces McGee and he couldn't make 4 games a year over the last 4 years. If we go into the season with Gimmore, Williams, McKelvin, Brooks, and Florance and then draft a later round guy like Brooks or Rogers to compete I'm perfectly fine with that.

On that note, Florance is exactly the kind of move I expect them to make today. Guys that are stopgaps, veterans, and can fill some holes for another year or two so we can draft thier replacements.

Florence was a guy that could make a couple huge plays then get burned a couple times. Either way, he was better back there then Aaron Williams was, maybe that isn't saying much?

I dunno...Florence was pretty awful his last year in Buffalo...of coures, I can't necessarily put all the blame on him...but he isn't going to get better...for Williams there is still an outside chance of that happening.

See if they're gonna go 4th string CB on a rebuilding team, I don't know why they wouldn't draft one in the 3rd-4th rounds.

Cheaper and with more upside.

I really hope the Bills don't use free agency to fill roster spots that good teams use draft picks for.

If the Bills come out of free agency with one starter, I'll be happy. If they get two starters, I'll be ecstatic.

If they re-sign Drayton (and I really like the guy), I'll be disappointed.

If the Bills really have an interest, I'm a bit stunned.

I realize Buddy was in San Diego when they drafted Drayton but still, the guy's 32 years old and seemed to be fading.

On top of this there are quite a few cornerbacks available in free agency this year.

I think on the outside in man coverage he is weak.

I believe Florence can still hold down a nickle CB if McKelvin really is the outside CB(help us) Opposite Gilmore.

Plus I remember Florence had plans to coach during the lockout. He might be a leadership player\coach guy.

Pettine needs some vets on the field in the seconday and McDainbramage doesn't count.

MEH, Drayton played pretty well for us. The problem was more to do with a lack of a pass rush. If the wr was given too much time he couldnt stick with em and the play would end in a penalty. If he is our 3rd or 4th cb i gguess i could live with it.

MEH, Drayton played pretty well for us. The problem was more to do with a lack of a pass rush. If the wr was given too much time he couldnt stick with em and the play would end in a penalty. If he is our 3rd or 4th cb i gguess i could live with it.

Agreed. And for veteran minimum. Otherwise, no thanks and no thanks.

See if they're gonna go 4th string CB on a rebuilding team, I don't know why they wouldn't draft one in the 3rd-4th rounds.

Cheaper and with more upside.

I really hope the Bills don't use free agency to fill roster spots that good teams use draft picks for.

If the Bills come out of free agency with one starter, I'll be happy. If they get two starters, I'll be ecstatic.

If they re-sign Drayton (and I really like the guy), I'll be disappointed.

if i had to take a stab - the thinking is likely we need guys that can contribute at CB, TE, LB, WR, possibly OL, perhaps a safety.... and of course qb.

thats 7 guys, and youd think outside of our first 3-4 picks your not getting a day one contributor in all likelihood. florence can be that day one guy cheaply, but if a good corner falls to us we could take him and cut drayton.

id rather have florence henderson

well, we may also be adding a henderson in the near future my gut tells me (devery). we will see.

if i had to take a stab - the thinking is likely we need guys that can contribute at CB, TE, LB, WR, possibly OL, perhaps a safety.... and of course qb.

thats 7 guys, and youd think outside of our first 3-4 picks your not getting a day one contributor in all likelihood. florence can be that day one guy cheaply, but if a good corner falls to us we could take him and cut drayton.

well, we may also be adding a henderson in the near future my gut tells me (devery). we will see.

this. He's an easy pickup for a depth spot. He can easily fill in, in a pinch and we could also easily replace him with a young steal in late rounds.

If the Bills really have an interest, I'm a bit stunned.

I realize Buddy was in San Diego when they drafted Drayton but still, the guy's 32 years old and seemed to be fading.

On top of this there are quite a few cornerbacks available in free agency this year.

The Jets worked him out after the Lockout before he resigned with us. Pettine was the DC

I'm skeptical that he will ever be a Bill again, but I have no problems with Florence, especially as depth (which is what I think he would be at this stage in his career). Personally I thought he always played hard, and was very physical...He had some mental lapses, but I think some of that is attributed to the awful coaching we've had.

His main problem now is his age, and he's probably lost a step. He's not much competition for the starting spot, which is what we really need.