McKelvin re-signed

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather the Bills have used this money to sign Levitre. Frankly, this makes no sense to me. He has been benched over each of the last five years by different coaching staffs because he is not a starting caliber CB. Re-signing a CB who is not a starter for $5 million per year versus a starting near Pro Bowl caliber LG for $7 or 8 million per year? This is a microcosm of why the Bills have not made the playoffs in 13 years.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. McKelvin may be at a more desirable position but he is no where near the player Levitre is.

I'm glad he's back too but if the choice was between him and Levitre then I think they screwed up.

Edited by vincec

1) As some posters pointed out, it is funny how the media reports NFL contracts. It's a joke actually. You can sign a player for $9 trillion dollars but if only $1 million is guaranteed, guess how much the player is guaranteed to get?

2) Even if it is for $5 m/ year, people would be really pissed that the Bills signed the #1 PR, #3 KR, one of the best cover guys on kicks, and at worst a nickel corner who has all the tools to be a #1 cb?

3) Here's Devin Hester's contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/devin-hester/

4) It takes care of another need before the draft. Also, Carlos Rodgers was a 1st round pick by the Skins and was thought of as a bust. He goes to SF and plays for a real defense and becomes a pro bowler. McKelvin is a sunk cost but has all the talent in the world. Confidence is a major factor with him. But given how many roles he can fill on this team, I like the signing.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. McKelvin may be at a more desirable position but he is no where near the player Levitre is.

I'm glad he's back too but if the choice was between him and Levitre then I think they screwed up.

I think you are undervaluing how good McKelvin is in the return game and how important that is. And let's not get all up in arms about Levitre until he's officially gone.

Look at the contracts of people like Devin Hester and Joshua Cribbs for example. Are they by any means great players other than their contributions on ST? No. They are both pretty crappy WR's. Hester parlayed his return prowice into 40+ million and Cribbs into 30+ million. McKelvin will be on the field a lot for us, has a chance to be a solid starter opposite Gilmore, and everyone wants to carve out a momento of male genetalia on his front lawn because he just got re-signed for 4 years @ 5 mill a pop?

I wonder if Buffalo's plan is to sign the guard from the Jet's who's either an UFA or rumored to be released. It may be they know what both AL and also what this guy wants. Is he as good as AL, maybe not, but they may feel the drop off in talent is low enough to be worth the tradeoff for the money saved. Kind of a moneyball type thing.

I think you are undervaluing how good McKelvin is in the return game and how important that is. And let's not get all up in arms about Levitre until he's officially gone.

Look at the contracts of people like Devin Hester and Joshua Cribbs for example. Are they by any means great players other than their contributions on ST? No. They are both pretty crappy WR's. Hester parlayed his return prowice into 40+ million and Cribbs into 30+ million. McKelvin will be on the field a lot for us, has a chance to be a solid starter opposite Gilmore, and everyone wants to carve out a momento of male genetalia on his front lawn because he just got re-signed for 4 years @ 5 mill a pop?

:thumbsup:

So after this move the bills have around 14 mil under the cap..atm...they will need around 6 mill for draft picks..and that leaves them with a whopping 8 million left under cap....yup this will be a explosive off season..cant wait to see the ""big time Wr"" buddy nix said he will look for in the off season

Edited by Hotpockets28

Field position is IMO the most under-appreciated factor in football analytics. While I am miffed about Levitre, I don't view these things as binary. Paying a guy who gives the offense 20-50 fewer yards to have to gain makes sense to me, especially when he sometimes puts points on the board and fills a void on defense