Carson Palmer?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that thought that they weren't likely to do so before was just indulging in wishful thinking. As far as signing Carson goes I guess it can't hurt. They need someone to throw out there as the starter.

We won't sign him. Not that we wouldn't have some interest, but he held out because he was sick of Cincinnati. No way he signs in Buffalo. It'll he Arizona.

He'll be a stopgap for anyone with the misfortune of being in this year's QB draft derby. That includes us, Arizona, may be even Jax.

Whoever gets him forgoes the first round QB they were otherwise tethered to.

Assuming he can still play.

If true what an awful trade that turned out to be the Raiders. They gave up a ton for a middle of the road QB

Before yesterday I would have said no to this but for a year or two he might be worth it. Tavaris Jackson as our best QB is downright scary. I'm more than willing to bet that whoever we draft is our starter by week 6

Meh indeed.

I'd rather go with EJ in the 2nd....

draft a stud OL or #1 WR at #8

and KEEP SIGNING FA's

It's almost guaranteed that EJ will be taken before we pick in the 2nd. We either take someone at 8 or be left with the table scraps in the 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Adam Schefter twitter- @AdamSchefter: Interesting: now "highly unlikely" Carson Palmer will be willing to restructure his contract meaning OAK pays him $13 million or cuts him. //// Should the Bills make an offer if Oakland says no?

Why?

Fitz backed him up in Cincinnati. As I recall, Fitz called Cason something along the line of a practice hog, as in he took ALL of the reps. Not the kind of guy to bring in if you are planning to draft a QB this year or next. I like Palmer, I think he'd be an upgrade for us. But I think he's a bad fit for us, even at a bargain price.