Russ Brandon: Bills 'haven't been relevant for way too long&#3

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we should be excited at that milestone. By your standard, the word playoffs should be removed from any coaches or gms talks because its not good enough.

It's got a hint of Ricky bobby declaring if you aren't first you're last ring to it. It's silly.

Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth.

So that's it, just getting back to the playoffs is enough for Brandon? What good is it to make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first or second round?!

Show me where he says they expect to get bounced in the first or second round and you can waste good electrons with this thread...

Just when you thought there could be a smallest pause in the hand wringing and bitching comes this beauty of a thread. RB can say nothing with this crowd without being savaged...then they'd B word about him saying nothing.

:D awesome!

Thanks Russ. Also, this just in; water is wet. sky is blue.

http://blogs.buffalo...y-too-long.html

"I'm not going to look back on the last 13 years," Bills President Russ Brandon told reporters at the NFL scouting combine, "but it's certainly on the minds of a lot of people and understandably so.

"We've got to get back to the playoffs, and we've got to start making some dents into being significant and being relevant in this league. We haven't been relevant for way too long. So it's time to change that, time to change the culture."

So that's it, just getting back to the playoffs is enough for Brandon? What good is it to make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first or second round?! I think after 13 years of terrible football, the Bills organziation owes it to us fans to make this team into a Superbowl winner.

baby steps, baby steps, once we do that SB talk will be next.

http://blogs.buffalo...y-too-long.html

"I'm not going to look back on the last 13 years," Bills President Russ Brandon told reporters at the NFL scouting combine, "but it's certainly on the minds of a lot of people and understandably so.

"We've got to get back to the playoffs, and we've got to start making some dents into being significant and being relevant in this league. We haven't been relevant for way too long. So it's time to change that, time to change the culture."

So that's it, just getting back to the playoffs is enough for Brandon? What good is it to make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first or second round?! I think after 13 years of terrible football, the Bills organziation owes it to us fans to make this team into a Superbowl winner.

this is nowhere near a SB team. look at the roster, then watch the top 6 or 7 teams.. compare. bills do not perform on the field remotely like those teams. look at NE, SF, ATL, it would take a lifetime of good breaks to fall into the players those teams already have playing for them.

Dude has a point. I mean, when Terry Pegula took over the Sabres, their one true reason for existence became the quest for a Stanley Cup. We see none of that bold thinking in the Bills' leadership. And obviously it produced results.

Yeah....................how is that working out for the Sabres? Proof that just throwing money at it, just not that simple

I'm glad Smithers has admitted, both last month and this, that the brand is tarnished and the team is irrelevant. Most teams wouldn't do that, but most teams don't miss the playoffs for 13 straight seasons. At the same time he's saying this, he's telling the NFL world that Buddy Nix is sticking around. How can one take Brandon at his word and simultaneously retain the GM who's responsible for the most recent 3 years of failure?

I'm glad Smithers has admitted, both last month and this, that the brand is tarnished and the team is irrelevant. Most teams wouldn't do that, but most teams don't miss the playoffs for 13 straight seasons. At the same time he's saying this, he's telling the NFL world that Buddy Nix is sticking around. How can one take Brandon at his word and simultaneously retain the GM who's responsible for the most recent 3 years of failure?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brandon's words are all bark and no bite. I get tired of hearing the Bills don't have enough talent and the team is rebuilding. The Bills have been rebuilding since 2000.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brandon's words are all bark and no bite. I get tired of hearing the Bills don't have enough talent and the team is rebuilding. The Bills have been rebuilding since 2000.

You are not alone in being tired of the same continuous cycle of rebuilding. But the truth is that this is a rebuilding team that currently has a dearth of talent. The person who has failed miserably in his three year stint to rebuild this laggard franchise continues to be the lead official in rebuilding on the rebuilding job that he was already tasked to do. How much sense does that make? This is the same guy who loudly proclaims that he wants to find a franchise qb before he leaves the scene. Where has he been the past three years when quality prospects were there for the taking?

I think they got the right coach and assistants. Whaley may have more influence than the current GM. That is a good thing. There is no quick fix. Just start making good personnel decisons and over time things will work out. I hope.

I'm curious, what will you complain about if Buddy is not GM after the draft?

I'm curious, what will you complain about if Buddy is not GM after the draft?

This is funny. A team without a playoff appearance in 13 seasons, without a playoff win since 1995 that retains the same GM for another off-season responsible after their most recent run of inept play. If people complain about those who complain about this team now, what does that say? That results are optional? I can't speak for others here, but losing and the people who facilitate it are things I'm tired of.

Cue the "go follow another team" diatribe.

This is funny. A team without a playoff appearance in 13 seasons, without a playoff win since 1995 that retains the same GM for another off-season responsible after their most recent run of inept play. If people complain about those who complain about this team now, what does that say? That results are optional? I can't speak for others here, but losing and the people who facilitate it are things I'm tired of.

You can deflect it all you want. But I think it's a legitimate request/question. Why waste time and energy on something you're just going to be cranky about?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well said!

You can deflect it all you want. But I think it's a legitimate request/question. Why waste time and energy on something you're just going to be cranky about?

This is the same as politics. If you don't voice your opinion or do anything at all to make the situation better, then nothing will change.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well said!

This is the same as politics. If you don't voice your opinion or do anything at all to make the situation better, then nothing will change.

How exactly are you enforcing 'change' on a professional sports team by bitching on a message board? Have you and BillsVet have stopped by tickets/merchandise? You've stopped boosting the televised ratings for the NFL at large?