Russ Brandon: Bills 'haven't been relevant for way too long&#3

Jerry Jabber

Let me just bottom line this for all Bills fans... Russ Brandon = Ralph wilson. He is his clone. Russ even says he learned his way of doing things from Ralph. He kept Nix out of loyalty and friendship and he lost me right then. I knew right then there would be no real change.

Then this exaustive search was ended with getting a college coach with some NFL Exp. but from an average program and that guy brought in a guy with no NFL OC Exp to be the OC. THEN they keep fitz and state he gets to compete for the job.

This shows me nothing has changed. I had hope when Ralph passed a new owner would come in, clean house acrosss the board and do it right. My greatest fear now is Russ is really part of an ownership group in place and will spearhead the franchise when Ralph passes meaning.... 50 MORE years of Ralph Wilson type ownership.

Gailey said all the right things, but where did that get the Bills: 4-12, 6-10 & 6-10. It's time to hold these guys accountable. By holding these guys accountable is by quit going to the games, quit buying merchandise, etc... Once The Ralph is half full and the team is making a lot less money, that is when some action takes place. The Bills organization should feel very lucky to have us as a fan base. I don't know of anywhere else in the country that fans would have been this loyal to an organzation that has been inept for such a long time.

I agree, it's time to put up!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy: I agree 100%

Great. The with you two off the bandwagon before draft and FA even starts, there will be two fewer miserable schlubs to ruin the Sundays of fellow Bills fans here in 2013...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put what Brandon said just above Jauron's famous quote of "It's hard to win in the NFL."

Except one quote was uttered in February and the other was after an actual loss during the season. Would you be more content if Brandon said absolutely nothing, so there wouldn't be anything to misconstrue?

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/02/russ-brandon-bills-havent-been-relevant-far-way-too-long.html

"I'm not going to look back on the last 13 years," Bills President Russ Brandon told reporters at the NFL scouting combine, "but it's certainly on the minds of a lot of people and understandably so.

"We've got to get back to the playoffs, and we've got to start making some dents into being significant and being relevant in this league. We haven't been relevant for way too long. So it's time to change that, time to change the culture."

So that's it, just getting back to the playoffs is enough for Brandon? What good is it to make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first or second round?! I think after 13 years of terrible football, the Bills organziation owes it to us fans to make this team into a Superbowl winner.

Yup you nailed it. :doh:

PTR

http://blogs.buffalo...y-too-long.html

"I'm not going to look back on the last 13 years," Bills President Russ Brandon told reporters at the NFL scouting combine, "but it's certainly on the minds of a lot of people and understandably so.

"We've got to get back to the playoffs, and we've got to start making some dents into being significant and being relevant in this league. We haven't been relevant for way too long. So it's time to change that, time to change the culture."

So that's it, just getting back to the playoffs is enough for Brandon? What good is it to make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first or second round?! I think after 13 years of terrible football, the Bills organziation owes it to us fans to make this team into a Superbowl winner.

Oh stop, please.

The message was "We recognize that we have been terrible for a long time. We want to become contenders and will take steps that we deem prudent to do so."

I have no problem with those comments. Sounds like they are trying to change the culture by doing a totally different direction that retread failed HC.

I don't understand the hate RB

You just don't get it - we should have already won the Super Bowl this season! Before FA. And the draft. :rolleyes:

JJ, your reasoning is kind of nonsensical.

You're saying that because the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 13 seasons that for you, making the playoffs is no longer good enough and in order for the Bills to get back into your good graces, they have to win a Super Bowl?

So what will you be doing between now and when the Bills win the Super Bowl?

Will you abstain from any moments of joy and satisfaction if they achieve their first winning record since 2004?

If they lose the 2015 AFC Championship Game, that will not be enough to make you feel good about the Bills?

Life's too short.

Enjoy what you can every day.

http://blogs.buffalo...y-too-long.html

Yeah, cuz no one will crawl up your ass immediately for not delivering on that promise.

Love,

Terry Pegula

JJ, your reasoning is kind of nonsensical.

You're saying that because the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 13 seasons that for you, making the playoffs is no longer good enough and in order for the Bills to get back into your good graces, they have to win a Super Bowl?

So what will you be doing between now and when the Bills win the Super Bowl?

Will you abstain from any moments of joy and satisfaction if they achieve their first winning record since 2004?

If they lose the 2015 AFC Championship Game, that will not be enough to make you feel good about the Bills?

Life's too short.

Enjoy what you can every day.

To me it seems most people have lowered their standards because it's been so long since we've been a regular playoff contender. So, are people in Buffalo going to throw a parade for the Bills the year they finally make the playoffs? The Bills have a very loyal fan base, and after giving us a very crappy product over the past 13 years, I feel the Bills organization owes it to us fans to give us a great team, not just an average or an above average team.

To me it seems most people have lowered their standards because it's been so long since we've been a regular playoff contender. So, are people in Buffalo going to throw a parade for the Bills the year they finally make the playoffs? The Bills have a very loyal fan base, and after giving us a very crappy product over the past 13 years, I feel the Bills organization owes it to us fans to give us a great team, not just an average or an above average team.

Well, we should be excited at that milestone. By your standard, the word playoffs should be removed from any coaches or gms talks because its not good enough.

It's got a hint of Ricky bobby declaring if you aren't first you're last ring to it. It's silly.

Well, we should be excited at that milestone. By your standard, the word playoffs should be removed from any coaches or gms talks because its not good enough.

It's got a hint of Ricky bobby declaring if you aren't first you're last ring to it. It's silly.

You're not getting the point, and it's not having the Ricky Bobby attitude either. Yes, who wouldn't love to see the Bills back in the playoffs? Expecting a championship every year is unrealistic. I'm saying just becoming relevant & making it back to the playoffs should not be the only goals, but many on here, as well as Brandon seem to think that will be good enough.

You're not getting the point, and it's not having the Ricky Bobby attitude either. Yes, who wouldn't love to see the Bills back in the playoffs? Expecting a championship every year is unrealistic. I'm saying just becoming relevant & making it back to the playoffs should not be the only goals, but many on here, as well as Brandon seem to think that will be good enough.

I bet he has tons of professional goals not mentioned in that interview though. Why assume that's the peak of his aspiration?

Dude has a point. I mean, when Terry Pegula took over the Sabres, their one true reason for existence became the quest for a Stanley Cup. We see none of that bold thinking in the Bills' leadership. And obviously it produced results.

+1

Oh stop, please.

The message was "We recognize that we have been terrible for a long time. We want to become contenders and will take steps that we deem prudent to do so."

So far it seems the 'steps prudent to do so' are the same steps he has been taking since he has been here.

What is the definition of insanity again?