Conspiracy Thoeries

Iraq Vet

We are going to be horrible.... and we are going to pick a QB in the 5 rd or later. Next year we will have the 1st overall pick. This year is a set up to just fill holes and stink... again. :wallbash:

Our only fun this off season is going to be looking at and discussing conspiracies.......... :doh:

We are going to be horrible.... and we are going to pick a QB in the 5 rd or later. Next year we will have the 1st overall pick. This year is a set up to just fill holes and stink... again. :wallbash:

Our only fun this off season is going to be looking at and discussing conspiracies.......... :doh:

If you're always this premature I feel sorry for your woman.

I don't see much hope for the next few years sadly. We don't have a NFL caliber QB on the roster, and if we get one this year-a big IF-it is going to take a couple years for him to mature and to get weapons around him. Might take longer then that to make the defense formidable. None of this will likely happen with Nix as GM either. I won't cheer for them any less on sundays, but any hope from the franchise has been beaten into the dirt over the past 10-12 seasons.

Edited by BuffBill

It's actually a MUCH better plan than drafting either Barkley at #8 or Nassib at #41, then after going with one of them for three years, finding out that they indeed never were franchise QBs to begin with just like everyone without the "Star USC QB" or "Star Syracuse QB"" blinders on were saying.

The Bills really should think about trading back (if such a deal were offered) and taking a team's 2014 first round pick in the deal. The reason being is that next year's class has about four or five real NFL franchise QB talent and having two first round picks would be great ammo for a 2014 trade up scenario. 2014 QBs...Bridgwater, Johnny Football, Boyd, Thomas, and maybe even McCarron.

Edited by 1billsfan

It's actually a MUCH better plan than drafting either Barkley at #8 or Nassib at #41, then after going with one of them for three years, finding out that they indeed never were franchise QBs to begin with just like everyone without the "Star USC QB" or "Star Syracuse QB"" blinders on were saying.

The Bills really should think about trading back (if such a deal were offered) and taking a team's 2014 first round pick in the deal. The reason being is that next year's class has about four or five real NFL franchise QB talent and having two first round picks would be great ammo for a 2014 trade up scenario. 2014 QBs...Bridgwater, Johnny Football, Boyd, Thomas, and maybe even McCarron.

How do you know that for sure? Last year at this time, Barkley was a "Can't Miss Franchise QB?"

Kind of a dopey post, but I think there's a 50/50 chance you're right. We'll know after free agency. The David Nelson move makes no sense whatsoever and makes us a worse football team right now (albeit marginally) but if they end up signing Dwayne Bowe, I guess it will vindicate the Nelson move and nullify your theory. I don't think it takes a football scholar to speculate that there's a chance they may Colts 2011 this season though. And if that is indeed the case, I think 90% of this board would be cool with it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Kind of a dopey post, but I think there's a 50/50 chance you're right. We'll know after free agency. The David Nelson move makes no sense whatsoever and makes us a worse football team right now (albeit marginally) but if they end up signing Dwayne Bowe, I guess it will vindicate the Nelson move and nullify your theory. I don't think it takes a football scholar to speculate that there's a chance they may Colts 2011 this season though. And if that is indeed the case, I think 90% of this board would be cool with it.

I think they will have to be aggressive in the FA market to help fill the holes. A FA WR and LB would be awesome. Maybe even a FA CB.

I don't see much hope for the next few years sadly. We don't have a NFL caliber QB on the roster, and if we get one this year-a big IF-it is going to take a couple years for him to mature and to get weapons around him. Might take longer then that to make the defense formidable. None of this will likely happen with Nix as GM either. I won't cheer for them any less on sundays, but any hope from the franchise has been beaten into the dirt over the past 10-12 seasons.

Funny. but I seem to remember having two QB on the roster who have started and won games for four different NFL teams. Over exaggerate much? I predict the Bills will have a better record in 2013 than in 2012, merely by the coaching changes. Hope we get a better QB, but if we can improve the defense, it would pay huge dividends.

Filling up stink holes? At least that would be thinking out of the....box.

How do you know that for sure? Last year at this time, Barkley was a "Can't Miss Franchise QB?"

Today's defensive players are much too fast for Barkley's slow wheels and weak arm to deal with. You've got to have a great arm or athleticism or both to be any QB of note in the NFL. Barkley has neither and will eventually take his rightful place, following in the footsteps of all former star USC QBs...a clipboard holder.

I'm not here to say the 2014 QB class is a lock, just that this year has a very uncanny resemblance to the 2011 draft class of nobodies who were way overdrafted (with the exception of Cam Newton who was the only one I liked). Drafting Barkley would not only doom this franchise for another 3 years, there will probably be a great player we would have passed on in getting him...Jordan, Ansah, Patterson, Warmack

Draft Patterson this year and fill the holes at linebacker in the 2nd/3rd rounds this year and next. Cut Fitzpatrick and replace him with an even bigger loser or total project QB like a Skelton who will be guaranteed to lose a ton of games. Draft the top QB in 2014 and you are good to go for the foreseeable future.

LOL..come on people. you guys act like we went 0-16 last season. New HC, new DC, squeaking 3 more wins next season isn't an absurd notion considering we lost at least 2-3 games this past season in the last couple of minutes. We lost 4 games in 2012 by 7 points or less.

9-7 and wildcard playoff birth in 2013! WOOT! :beer: