Aaron Williams on his way to Buffalo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone: "Hi Nice to meet you! Now-Get your **** outta the locker and get the f' outta here"...Another reason why Buddy Nix has no business being employed at One Bills Drive. B-U-S-T.

Aaron Williams was more of a safety prospect than a CB prospect going into the draft. The Bills played him at CB out of necessity, and it's been proven that he doesn't belong there...The Bills now have a huge need at safety, expect him to get a look there. To think he is going to be cut is pretty unrealistic.

This is where I think the Bills are going - a lot of people thought he'd have trouble playing CB in the NFL but those same people thought he could be a very good free safety - I think this is where they tell him they want him to play safety and get his weight up 5-10 lbs

Going into the draft, there was some talk about AW having the skill sets that translate to safety & he did not have the skill sets to play CB in this league. I agreed with that at the time & could not believe Nix pulled the trigger on him early in the 2nd when Kap was sitting right there. If I could see this, shouldn't Nix been able to realize this also?

AW will be fine. I agree with a prior poster who stated that he had a decent rookie season, and was off last year. Well, guess what, the entire D was off last year in our scheme-less defense. Lets see how he does with Pettine. (sp). Perhaps move him to safety, or keep him at corner, I think he'll be fine. I'd still pick up a CB just in case (Lewis from PIT in FA).

I am still not convinced he is a bust. Maybe a different scheme or different position would work better. He is still really young.

I am convinced as a corner he is a bust. Any hope if if they move him to safety and it works there, but either way the pick will end up being to high in the draft.

Going into the draft, there was some talk about AW having the skill sets that translate to safety & he did not have the skill sets to play CB in this league. I agreed with that at the time & could not believe Nix pulled the trigger on him early in the 2nd when Kap was sitting right there. If I could see this, shouldn't Nix been able to realize this also?

Thats what happens when you are in denial about the guy you think you have to be your starter.

As far as Williams at safety, what in his game over the past 2 seasons lends him to be a good safety? Serious question.

Can he play the run good? ball hawk? cover athletic TE's? Walk up and play 3-5 yards from the line of scrimmage? What?

Maybe they want to discuss moving him to safety. It's been alluded to many times. Buddy's recent comments about Mckelvin being 'the starter' may be a window into this 'meeting.' Pure speculation based on lots of other speculation.

Interesting thought that makes a lot of sense.

Calling Williams a bust at this point is laughable at best. He had a terrible year, but the entire secondary struggled along with the entire defense. People forget that he got limited playing time in his rookie year and looked very good. People were very high on him after his rookie performance. It's a tough position and the Bills defensive Coaching was suspect at best. Way too early to write this kid off.

Pettine will know how to get Aaron up to his potential.

This is my hope. He is so young. His first year was weird because of the lockout......I also do not remember seeing a bunch of complaints about him then either. This past season I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt with the horrid scheme we had going, or not going :) I think he deserves another year or two. Football wise I really hope he comes around and finds a place with the new coaching staff and scheme where he can excel. Because as a person, I really like him :) He is a nice guy. Interacts with fans pretty often. Yes, Yes I know we have had enough good guys who aren't great football players..........but still doesn't change my view on him as a person. I can seperate the person from the player unlike some others