Aaron Williams on his way to Buffalo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with you...But in defense of those calling AW a bust...He has been exceptionally bad in comparison...I mean...He has got toasted more than a box of pop tarts... ;)

Step 1 (assuming he stays) will be fixing what's between his ears. His confidence level must be low.

Folks reading too much into the tea leaves. Does anyone believe he'd be going to Buffalo to get his a$$ kicked to the curb? Utter nonsense. Bills don't handle things like that He's probably reaching out to the new regime, which in many corners would be considered "class" , "professionalism", and a level of "engagement". Just a thought.

Yeah... he sucked. I won't argue with that. But, how many on the team, and specifically the defense, haven't sucked over the past 5 years??? Pretty much 90% of them... as evidenced by the fact the Bills haven't ranked higher than 24th during that span. The dude ain't making a ton of coin. There were guys on this team that were starting, making a lot more $$, sand sucking just as bad or more than him. Merriman, Wilson, Barnett, Anderson, Mario, Kelsay, Kyle, Darius, McGee... they haven't exactly shown anything to get excited about.

Folks reading too much into the tea leaves. Does anyone believe he'd be going to Buffalo to get his a$$ kicked to the curb?

I actually think it would likely be the reverse of him being let go. Marrone mentioned in the pre-combine that he puts a lot of stock in face to face interactions, so this speaks to the staff wanting to see what he can do.

Like JPS said. Let's see how he is with a good defensive coordinator and plan. The guy must of had something going for him to be drafted so high.

Here's an idea, maybe our defensive coordinator looked so bad because he had players like Williams and Dareus.

But I do like BillsWatch's line: Only ones without a bust are Jills

Considering how poor he's played, I have no issue if we cut him. That being said, I'm also willing to give him another year since he's so young. I wouldn't mind seeing if he could play safety, he certainly has the size for it (I think?).

Aaron Williams 6' 0" 199 lbs 4.55 40

George Wilson 6' 0" 211 lbs 4.63 40

Perhaps Williams could stand to put on a few pounds in the weight room, but his measurables do seem pretty consistent with George Wilson and other SS's around the league. He seems to have a little more speed than other SS's too.

Maybe they want to discuss moving him to safety. It's been alluded to many times. Buddy's recent comments about Mckelvin being 'the starter' may be a window into this 'meeting.' Pure speculation based on lots of other speculation.

This is where I think the Bills are going - a lot of people thought he'd have trouble playing CB in the NFL but those same people thought he could be a very good free safety - I think this is where they tell him they want him to play safety and get his weight up 5-10 lbs

I think that the coaching staff is going to ask him to switch positions and go to safety and be George Wilson's replacement !

I think the operative word here is tell rather than ask. They clearly made a public play to bring Leodis back as a nominal starter, Gilmore is entrenched on the other side. Williams isn't a 3rd corner type and frankly he stunk at CB anyway. Meet your new strong safety. He will meet with Pettine, get the new PB and start working on learning the coverage calls.

Did I miss where we resigned Mckelvin? I keep seeing that he will be #2 but last I knew he was set to be a free agent. I know Nix said that he would like to keep him, but liking to do something and actually doing it are 2 different things. Besides that how does anyone know before the draft and training camp who will be the #2? Please enlighten me, because I seem to be confused here