Aaron Williams on his way to Buffalo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss where we resigned Mckelvin? I keep seeing that he will be #2 but last I knew he was set to be a free agent. I know Nix said that he would like to keep him, but liking to do something and actually doing it are 2 different things. Besides that how does anyone know before the draft and training camp who will be the #2? Please enlighten me, because I seem to be confused here

McKelvin or not I think it's fair to say that Williams as #2 is off the table, as it well should be.

Replace "B-Lo" with "work" and "coaches" with "clients" and this is exactly what YE OLE told the Mrs. when he left the house this morning!

I don't know why it is, but nearly everything Ye Ole posts makes me laugh, or at the very least, chuckle.

There is nothing better than calling a guy after 2 years a bust. Eric Moulds was a bust after 2 years. So was Spiller. So was Stevie Johnson (7th rounder but still). The list goes on and on.

He may well be a bust but I never got why people have such hard ons to be the first ones to call players busts.

so way maybe OJ Simpson.....check ouit his first 2 years....

There is nothing better than calling a guy after 2 years a bust. Eric Moulds was a bust after 2 years. So was Spiller. So was Stevie Johnson (7th rounder but still). The list goes on and on.

He may well be a bust but I never got why people have such hard ons to be the first ones to call players busts.

Exactly. 1 More Season to determine his fate!

Williams was projected as a saftey going into the draft. Chan and his gang insisted on him staying at CB. I think he will be more comfortable and succeed at safety. Coaches like to talk face to face with vets when making a position change. I want him to be a good player for the Bills.

Here's something to consider:

Pettine has ran a lot of scheme variations. Including lots of 3-3-5, and even plenty of instances of 1-3-7.

Without fully breaking down the Xs and Os, what that could (and likely does) mean is that we will see plenty of 3-safety formations. Da'Norris Searcy (whom everyone is forgetting about) figures to be in the mix too.

If you look at Pettine's tenure with the Jets, you can easily imagine Searcy, Williams, and Byrd on the field at the same time, all essentially playing a safety position.

I still think they are taking a hard look at bringing someone else in (either through FA or the draft), and I wouldn't be surprised if there are 3 safeties on the roster besides Williams, whether or not they designate him as such.

They are gonna talk to him about moving over to safety. He was projected by some to be a top tier candidate for this position coming out of college, it just so happens we played him at CB.

I would think that's it too. There's a lot to talk about when asking a player to do that i.e. where they'd like him to be with his weight, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, Williams was projected by some to be a safety in the NFL - and, until we give him a clear shot, if not at CB again, at least at safety - I'm not willing to make a judgement on him. What if he's the next terrific safety? I'm guessing that is what the Bills staff wants to talk to him about more than anything else - get the safety situation figured out before draft and FA.

As far as I'm concerned, Williams was projected by some to be a safety in the NFL - and, until we give him a clear shot, if not at CB again, at least at safety - I'm not willing to make a judgement on him. What if he's the next terrific safety? I'm guessing that is what the Bills staff wants to talk to him about more than anything else - get the safety situation figured out before draft and FA.

I was most interested to know if he went because he wanted to.........or because they called him. I am going to tweet and ask how his trip to B-Lo is going. A lot of times he answers

Was he projected as a strong safety or free safety? I don't think he would beat out Searcy at strong safety after one training camp as a safety. Seems like he would be a back-up at safety next year, assuming he is moved and the Bills re-sign Byrd.

I simply meant, it may be a little too early to be writing off a second round draft pick after one disasterous season where absolutely nobody had a good year...it takes 11 guys..one struggles, it has a ripple effect. Aaron Williams may end up a bust, but Bills fans, in general, have become extra-pricky when it comes to evaluating draft picks...I get it, 12 years of miserable football will do that...but Aaron Williams wasn't here for most of that...these coaches weren't here for any of it...why can't we give the kid a chance?

Your point is taken, but otoh, AW has absolutely nothing good to point at in terms of his entire body of work. There really is nothing. He was consistently beat by virtually every receiver he attempted to cover.

What is WAY worse (and not his fault at all) is the fact that we passed on quarterbacks who can play in order to draft him. Icing on the ugly cake is that Nix said that he had offers to trade down in every round in that draft.

Imo, Williams is symbolic of almost all of what is wrong with this franchise. He's a modern day Whitner.

Your point is taken, but otoh, AW has absolutely nothing good to point at in terms of his entire body of work. There really is nothing. He was consistently beat by virtually every receiver he attempted to cover.

What is WAY worse (and not his fault at all) is the fact that we passed on quarterbacks who can play in order to draft him. Icing on the ugly cake is that Nix said that he had offers to trade down in every round in that draft.

Imo, Williams is symbolic of almost all of what is wrong with this franchise. He's a modern day Whitner.

Agree with you, it's downright scary how bad some of his plays were. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this resurrection at safety occurs.