Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah

NoSaint

Terrible, but good news.

Terrible because he likely just lost a lot of cash with his draft stock.

Good because that exam probably just saved his life, or at very least, a heart attack before 30.

Terrible, but good news.

Terrible because he likely just lost a lot of cash with his draft stock.

Good because that exam probably just saved his life, or at very least, a heart attack before 30.

I've heard it described as the type of condition that he could've easily died on field from, if initial reports are accurate.

With this, and Jarvis jones having poor reports.... Not a good day for elite defenders

Edited by NoSaint

Wow...Milliner, Moore, and now Lotulelei dropping...seems like Joeckel and Werner are the only players guaranteed to be gone by #8.

Eric Fisher and Geno Smith will be gone by our pick. I think Sharrif Floyd is a lock for the top six now as well.

Wonder why they got an ECHO in the first place. On a guy his size, standard ECHO will be very limited in value. He will likely be told he needs a transesophageal ECHO or a cardiac cath to make a definitive diagnosis of heart failure, which he has had no symptoms of apparently.

Any chance he is OK but drops to our second round pick?

if he checks out ok, what would cause him to will fall that far?

his camp is saying its related to some rapid weight loss he just had (imagine that for the combine) and expects to test out ok eventually. they point to the panthers pick last year that dealt with similar. we will see.

Hopefully it doesn't hurt his draft stock because it sounds like it's not even an issue at all, just a weird anomaly in his test results. 1 bad report like that though can stick with a guy and the coaches might have it in the back of their head like "this guy has a heart condition so we are going to pass" when in reality he is probably fine it sounds like

Hopefully it doesn't hurt his draft stock because it sounds like it's not even an issue at all, just a weird anomaly in his test results. 1 bad report like that though can stick with a guy and the coaches might have it in the back of their head like "this guy has a heart condition so we are going to pass" when in reality he is probably fine it sounds like

i havent heard anything official on that, beyond his camp which of course is going to say hes healthy until proven otherwise. any further info come out?

i havent heard anything official on that, beyond his camp which of course is going to say hes healthy until proven otherwise. any further info come out?

I'm just guessing based on the report a few posts up. I'm sure they will get about 10 other doctor opinions over the next month or so to be sure